best LED to replace a 1000w HPS

• Thread starter blue-dreamer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushwick

Kushwick

Thanks for that kebz. I plan on vegging first then adding another to flower.

tags420

tags420

The new big apache unit is going to be about $2000 but the code rbk331 will get a big discount but I don't know how much till they update there site.
The ones on their site(currently) are the old ones. The new unit has twice as powerful chips and is basically 4 of the little AT120 units under one housing.
They will have a super sale to get rid of the old AT120, once the new ones are ready.

As far as those units kushwick is talking about they are all just resellers. Those all can be bought straight from china for cheaper.

Here is a post from another site that sums up that almost all cheaper LED's come from 3 factories basically.

HGL: Older models = Bysen/Bluesea/BSLed, Newer models = Greensun (Bluesea, Bysen and BS are all the same factory)
Magnum: Older Models: Bysen/Bluesea/BSLed, Newer models = Houyi
Blackstar: older models = Cidly. Their Chrome series is from somewhere else. Not positive where. I think it might be Evergrow.
Vipar: Evergrow (take a look, they didn't even bother to change the spectrum, ratio or layout from Evergrows' standard spectrum)
Gro Blu: Cidly
HTG: Cidly
Grow Northern: Cidly
Fero Europe: Cidly
Blackdog: private design, though slightly ripped off by LGled

Check out Cidly, Evergrow, and bysen...
If a light looks like any of these 3, then it is not matter what they say they changed about it. I can get a alibaba account and resell all those under my own name if I want to, and that is what most lights people ask about are. All comes from the same factories.

Kebz

Kebz

Thanks for that kebz. I plan on vegging first then adding another to flower.

Cool, starting with a single unit should suffice and you can always add more. I'm bowing to tags superior knowledge of led manufacturers, he know's his led. If cost is a factor (like when's it not?) i'd follow his guidance, get the best for yer buck and then upgrade as and when.

L

LEDZep

I got 4 new 440 Solarstorms and they seem to be doing very well. 2 per 4x4 tray. Really solid build, I went to the plant and they are made completely in California. I like that. And I heard they are doing a new 880 setup for the 4x4 tray using 4 - 220's in a frame to reduce shading. I'd check them out, they are very well made best I can tell. And my plants are very happy! www.californialightworks.com

L

LEDZep

BTW anyone hear any real data on UVB and it's impact on THC? That is one reason I got the Solarstorms, (they have UVB lamps built in) but I wonder if there is any real studies on it? I mean anyone can claim anything..

Latest posts

Top Bottom