Best method of grow for beginners

• Thread starter Badgeradventures
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
I received almost all of the stuff I need I believe to get going. Waiting on some seeds. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow. I have HIGH expectations hahaha! Can't wait to get started!
2pcs perfect match 48''x48'' tent, looking forward your new growing, they will bring you big and delicious buds

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

What exactly is a "phenotype" lol rookie here!
Every time you germinate a seed, and it becomes a seedling, it has its own traits and characteristics. Not one plant will be exactly like the last, or next. That’s where I find the joy in growing cannabis. I wish you nothing but luck my friend💚🙏

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I have not started growing yet
Iam the set up stage.
I was researching different methods
Krakty, coco coir , organic soil or micro grow.
For a beginner what might the best way to go?
Miracle gro is rather hard to deal with, especially if you’re a new to growing. I honestly recommend fox farm ocean forest because all you really gotta do is water when needed. Now that’s where a lot of newer growers got wrong. Once you get your seed in the soil, and in a pot, water them. Then pick them up and feel that weight. Then let them dry completely out, before watering again, and that seems to be the hardest thing for new growers, it happened to me. Also, keep an oscillating fan in the room and have it to where it makes the plants dance a little. That way, you build a solid stem structure for when the weight comes later. If you ever need help, I’m always around 💚🙏

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Every time you germinate a seed, and it becomes a seedling, it has its own traits and characteristics. Not one plant will be exactly like the last, or next. That’s where I find the joy in growing cannabis. I wish you nothing but luck my friend💚🙏
This is one of the topics that fuels the debate between Landrace strains and the current offerings. A landrace strain is very similar in phenotypes with little variations between individuals. Think of Landrace as a very inbred family... after a while everyone is kind of the same. The current strains show a lot more variability between individual plants and will look different in many cases. Breeders strive to get a strain that is very similar to Landrace, although that can take decades of intensive selective growing.
One bonus of today's strains is that you never quite know what you will be getting... sometimes you get a great phenotype! Keep up the good work

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

This is one of the topics that fuels the debate between Landrace strains and the current offerings. A landrace strain is very similar in phenotypes with little variations between individuals. Think of Landrace as a very inbred family... after a while everyone is kind of the same. The current strains show a lot more variability between individual plants and will look different in many cases. Breeders strive to get a strain that is very similar to Landrace, although that can take decades of intensive selective growing.
One bonus of today's strains is that you never quite know what you will be getting... sometimes you get a great phenotype! Keep up the good work
Yes sir! And that’s what I love about growing. It’s always different from the last

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

'm always encouraging 'newbies' to start their first grow. after gathering knowledge and equipment, it's time to start with that seed/clone, and get going to get experience under your belt. experience is something you won't get, online. experience is the application of knowledge becoming skills, given your personal circumstances.

this journey hasn't started until you pop the first seed!

Long ago it seems, I started my first grow in soil, now hopefully soon in its flowering phase - and i am leaning towards adapting to coco grow, soon. i used to grow flood & drain under HPS/MH many years ago, now i started my first grow back under LED grow lights. trial & errors in this 'first grow' is giving me valuable experience, to be able to grow better next time.

you don't learn anything, until you try to apply it. expectation is another thing to learn to manage, and test of patience not breaking you. persistence is another trait which will be, likely, tested. all these things are gained through experience.

'there are nearly as many ways to grow marijuana as them are marijuana growers'. and i would think each crop gets easier, because questions get answered and doubts gradually disappear.

whatever path you choose (what grow medium, what growing system, etc) - keep it simple for the first grow, keep it small to be manageable....

Last edited:
THCMonster

THCMonster

Like @Beachwalker said!

Go Fox Farm and add perlite!

Dont do COCO, Promix, or HYDRO, no one ever does that good their first time in those mediums! And this is coming from someone who both grows in Coco and works at a hydro store!

All new growers need to make it as simple as possible to alleviate the stress and hassle of problems occuring constantly!

Theres a learning curve to doing COCO and Hydro. So if you have never grown before you will run into more bad then good!

Just make it simple on yourself!

Go fox farm Happy frog with 25% perlite added like @Beachwalker said, but dont start your plants in a massive pot! If you are starting from seed plant them in nothing bigger then a solo cup! Once your root bound in a solo cup transfer them to Fox Farm Ocean Forest with perlite added.

DO NOT GIVE THEM NUTRIENTS UNTIL THEY NEED IT!

You will know when they need it because they will start to get lighter and lighter green!

If you have the funds invest in a PH meter.

If you are starting with clones, then check to see if they have a good amount of roots, if they dont then keep watering them

If you go with FOX FARM soil, please dont give it any nutrients, you will just fuck your plant up!

Its as simple as giving it plain water for the 1st month as long as you dont flush too much nutrients out!

Hope everything works out for you!

P.S. always remember the term K.I.S.S.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

As long as you do that you most likely wont go wrong

Top Bottom