Best methods of consumption (share your thoughts, or pictures)

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I love smoking joints. It's my favorite method of consumption. That said, I sometimes have a problem with it being so resinous and sticky, especially as the joint burns down to it's last half. Kushes present an even greater degree of difficulty.

So my strategy is this, mix the kushes with more "leafy" strains, and use huge rolling papers. I really do enjoy the high that a "blended" cannabis brings. Seems way more effective, and tends to create a more intense and "full bodied" high, especially if your mixing heavy Indicas with Sativas, as I've done here...

Kush x Thai, the perfect blend

IMG 20201019 151857
IMG 20201019 151902
IMG 20201019 152213
dire wolf

dire wolf

I love smoking joints. It's my favorite method of consumption. That said, I sometimes have a problem with it being so resinous and sticky, especially as the joint burns down to it's last half. Kushes present an even greater degree of difficulty.

So my strategy is this, mix the kushes with more "leafy" strains, and use huge rolling papers. I really do enjoy the high that a "blended" cannabis brings. Seems way more effective, and tends to create a more intense and "full bodied" high, especially if your mixing heavy Indicas with Sativas, as I've done here...

Kush x Thai, the perfect blend
That makes sense .....

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Since we're doing pictures, and I've chosen not to do anything more productive right now....

(Fan speed 2)

Do this 4 times in a row and you'll be buzzing around the room on only 1/4 gram.

If you're using a rich/potent strain you can run the bag a second time and get a 'lite' refill. Not like the first bag, but worth the time when using good flower.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thank you.

It is:
The White x OG Chem (Connoisseur)
X
Monster Cookies

That bud was taken a week before the rest of the plant.

View attachment 1045882
LOL< I just did the same thing actually, except I just took one plant early. They swelled up so much I needed to make a little more space, so anyhow. Much of the bud is really thick anyhow at that stage, I think. The ripening adds more oils for sure. I also think the ripening is the biggest change. I believe ripening actually dials in the psychedelic effect, and when picked at peak ripeness, your going to have the most diverse range of neuroreceptor binding.

Flooding synapse on both dopamine along a wide spectrum into the serotonin pathways. Also, with some strains I think there's crossover from Dopamine into the noradrenaline pathways, especially with Sativas. Other nurotransmitters are likely at play, including Acetylcholine, and suppressing GABAenhanced glutamate activity.

THC has a lot going on, and were only beginning to scratch the surface of how this medicine affects brain chemistry.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
LOL< I just did the same thing actually, except I just took one plant early. They swelled up so much I needed to make a little more space, so anyhow. Much of the bud is really thick anyhow at that stage, I think. The ripening adds more oils for sure. I also think the ripening is the biggest change. I believe ripening actually dials in the psychedelic effect, and when picked at peak ripeness, your going to have the most diverse range of neuroreceptor binding.

Flooding synapse on both dopamine along a wide spectrum into the serotonin pathways. Also, with some strains I think there's crossover from Dopamine into the noradrenaline pathways, especially with Sativas. Other nurotransmitters are likely at play, including Acetylcholine, and suppressing GABAenhanced glutamate activity.

THC has a lot going on, and were only beginning to scratch the surface of how this medicine affects brain chemistry.

I just didn't want to have to go buy any weed.

I remember there was an interview with a grower in an old High Times... Late 90's, iirc... The guy would start flowering for "x" number of weeks. Then, he'd put the plants back into veg for "x" weeks... And then back into flower to finish. He believed that the result was a finished product that offered a more balanced high because of the mix of different calyx maturity.
Was interesting... But it's eerily similar to another method... good for creating s1's.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
The first time I visited England in the 90's I bought a quarter of super skunk and a quarter of soap bar hash. I sat down with my brother in law and his buddies to roll a joint and i busted up about a gram of skunk with a big chunk of hash and rolled it up into a big long baseball bat without tobacco, and it literally blew their minds. Dudes were afraid to smoke it thinking it would fuk them up too much without tobacco. Which it did.. but isn't that the point? lol
Exactly, besides i really dont like the smell and taste of tobacco, It ruins the joint.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Yea, I think there's a lot to "mixing" strains, it really hits the neuro-receptors well. Especially with much different types of cannabis.
True, that is exactly why I use at least 3 different strains when making oil.
One may be very low in CBD, CBN, CBG or THCV, others may have some more.
There is a good and cheap lab here, Energy Control, 30 euro for analysis.
I was really pleased to see a 100% decarb on my oil, no THCA left.
Without analysis its hard to know.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Anyway, its a pleasure to be able to communicate with people who share the same passion.
Gonna miss it for the next half year as soon will be moving to a little place in the mountains.
No wifi, electric or running water, but i prefer that instead of the constant threath of going back into lockdown.
Hope to be back in spring.
Good luck to all.

Odiesel

Odiesel

I'll throw in my vote for dry-herb-vaporization. Honestly, I would probably just smoke, but I HATE the taste of "burned" flower. I use an Airizer Solo; usually with a bong adapter to bubble through water.
man i had an arizer solo years back when i went to college. I had to have a way to smoke in the dorm lol. Used that thing nonstop for years after doesnt seem to hold a charge now but i could still get a hit off it if i tried

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Wedding Cake Joint
Personally, I'm a bit old school, I know there's a lot of dabbers out there, and vapes, I do the occasional rail when I'm out with friends.

But the joint is my mainstay, she's been a friend for a long time now, and I'm not abandoning her. I've smoked bongs and pipes, this and that, but nothing taste quite like, fresh weed from a joint.
View attachment 1017091
20200729 150043
A guy from Trinidad I worked with turned me on to these..the Roll-on! When the joint is done you seamlessly go to the cig and it's full of resin.

🌱🇹🇹

Odiesel

Odiesel

My personal smoking choice is a bowl snap. Quick and to the point. I have smoked for 10+ years but could only roll a joint if that was my final option. Would smoke out of an apple before trying to roll if it was in a pinch lol.
I also think I smoked bowls since I felt it was more conservative instead of smoking a full joint and since I tend to want to smoke like every hour or so a bowl is just best. I cant wait until I finish this harvest and can smoke endlessly. Currently I am smoking as much as I want freely but am getting down to about a qp left from my last harvest and need it to last until I finish this current cycle which is on day 31 of flower.
Anyways long ramble post I'm stoned thanks to one of these 😤😁

20201031 231057
Odiesel

Odiesel

Ah yeah I just gotta drive to the next town over to a high end local glass store where they do a rosin press service. $20 per ounce squished.
ah thats awesome! wish i had a service like that around here but i'll enjoy pressing my own.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Anyway, its a pleasure to be able to communicate with people who share the same passion.
Gonna miss it for the next half year as soon will be moving to a little place in the mountains.
No wifi, electric or running water, but i prefer that instead of the constant threath of going back into lockdown.
Hope to be back in spring.
Good luck to all.
Once I start having a few pounds harvests under my belt im gonna start making my own rosin for sure.
I can do it with a 1-7 grams of flower at a time - you don’t need lbs.

Top Bottom