Best Motor For A Tumbler?

• Thread starter dab science
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dab science

ive seen a diy where they use a chicken rotisserie set for the motor. my concern is will it turn to slowor do some go to slow and some do not? has anyone had success with this sort of setup?also any links to good motorsthat i could buy onilne for this would be greatly appreciated

i also have another idea for the motor because i am useing dryice in my setup another concern is the motor slowing down as it gets cold someone told me to use a low temp oil motor and i shouldn't have any issues with the cold so i was wondering does anyone know what a low temp oil motor is and if it would be good to use in this setup also anyone out there know where to get these motors online?

also the motors have to be able to turn 5-10 pounds

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Can get a smaller already made unit for 115.00 on amazon. I need something to do 2lbs at a time, or at least 1lb.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Will you actually be running long enough for the motor to get cold from Dry Ice ?
I could see after multiple runs maybe the shaft getting cold..
STR8

Toaster79

Toaster79

What's wrong with the good ole washing machine motor and other parts?

Or if you need the DC version use a wipers motor from a car.

D

dab science

What's wrong with the good ole washing machine motor and other parts?

Or if you need the DC version use a wipers motor from a car.
if the motor is not made with low temp oil and just normal motor oil then when it gets cold it will turn to sludge and stop working so it would be bad for continuous non stop use

D

dab science

maybe even with a low temp oil i will need a heated fan to blow on the motor not sure yet tho i just need to figure out what requirements a motor would have to have to be able to turn 10 pounds if its too fast thats cool i can put a knob to turn it down

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could use a small jewlery vice or a small C clamp to control the speed of the drill, it would probably mount to something easy enough, especially if you took it apart.

D

dab science

=
Are you saying electric motors use oil??
yes i am saying electronic motors have oil.... they have to have lubricants... there are different kinds of electronic motors and they use different oils for different purposes (like cooling the motor by transfering the heat ,also lubricateing it)

D

dab science

some oils dont freeze well and that is the kind of motor i want

D

dab science

i just dont know how to read a spec to see if the torque is enough to turn 10 pounds on a axes like a chicken rotisserie motor but cold oil

D

dab science

What about a corded drill as the motor? Can't be too difficult to fab up.
ive seen it done with a drill gun in videos.....like ive watched alot of videos on tumblers and no one really uses dry ice in the videos so i dunno how alot of them would work with dryice as a factor and the ones i saw that used dryice i dident get to see how it worked in terms of continuous non stop all day use..... i have a small pollen extractor and it works fine with dryice for the first couaple of mins then i slowly have to turn up the dimming power knob to compensate for the cold makeing the motor not work as hard its really annoying i have to sit right next to it and adjust it sometimes as often as every 15 seconds and then after like 20-30 mins of use the motor just quits and i have to wait for it to warm back up to room tempature to run again which takes a good 15 mins its just a annoying process id like to cut out............i also kind of want to add a timer to the power plug so i can plug it in and leave it and come back and its done without ever readjusting it

D

dab science

What about a corded drill as the motor? Can't be too difficult to fab up.
i think ill do this for a bit till i get a cold temp oil motor in the mail tho i mean for temporary use it should be awsome

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Go to lowes or home depot. Buy a decent corded drill. Dave receipt. Return if it gets broke. Lowes has a 90 day.

Top Bottom