Best Part Of Being An Insomniac Is...

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I get to celebrate 4:20 twice most days!

I know Im not the only one...

this is the spot to rant about whats keeping you up at night

packing a bowl of some cherry pie with a few dabs worth of gsc oil in the bubbler - maybe I'll pass the fuck out

what are you all smoking for on?

4:20 - cheers!
Respect8bubbler

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

My insomnia is so bad I sometimes stay awake for 3 or 4 days without a nap. I've been smoking daily for over 20 years. It does not matter what kind I smoke, or how much, I can never sleep. Edibles don't make me sleep. Insomnia is the worst curse anybody can have. Ambien and trazodone stopped working after 3 years and now I just stay awake until total mental exhaustion. My pituitary gland is non functional. I pray at night sometimes for God to let me sleep. This affects my whole family. Please if anybody has suggestions please advise!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
damn bro - that is horrible - I always get 3-4 hours in and more if I dont have shit to do in the am - its just the falling asleep part that haunts me - as soon as I lay down my mind races and I cant shut it off

Its a good night if I can fall out before 3 but once Im out I usually stay out - I am not one to take pills but I am at the end of my rope and it just gets later and later that I find myself able to fall asleep

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

:D@motherlode

That is exactly the problem I have, my brain just refuses to shut down, thinking about random stuff it's not even important, however thinking thinking thinking and it never stops. It's like my mind is racing, exactly the perfect way to describe it like u said. No matter if it's 100% Indica mind is still wondering/racing. Would you consider yourself a "problem solver" type personality? Are you generally helpful person and always thinking of ways to solve either friends problems, your dogs problems, or the worlds problems?

But yeah, I agree the best thing is the dual 420 LOL you're hilarious. You got me cracking up. I thought I was the only one to ever have the same thought. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
@MrBelvedere

Id say that describes my personality a bit - lol

last night was rough - was looking around the net looking for places to rent and saw my old spot that I lost to foreclosure in the listings

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Insomnia fucking blows the biggest dick, Its worse when im out of weed or just ran out, in those cases i result to herbs ( Valerian, Kava Kava, Passion flower extract, and then the OTC shit as well, Doxylamine succinate ( generic version of unisom NOT the diphenhydramine *SP*) Then if i really have to i'll reach for a muscle relaxer and ambein or valium, klonopin or xanax..

Most nights its just OTC and melatonin,,, at best i get 6 hours...

Ladyv

Ladyv

That is exactly the problem I have, my brain just refuses to shut down, thinking about random stuff it's not even important, however thinking thinking thinking and it never stops. It's like my mind is racing, exactly the perfect way to describe it like u said. No matter if it's 100% Indica mind is still wondering/racing. Would you consider yourself a "problem solver" type personality? Are you generally helpful person and always thinking of ways to solve either friends problems, your dogs problems, or the worlds problems?

It's almost scary how accurate of a description this is of ME!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Ha I read this at 420 am waiting to get ready to go work on a projected 15/20 inch of snow day ......puffing a Casey jones doobie
Sleep is over rated (not in mrbelvedes case)
I enjoy the time alone from the kaos of life when most of the world is sleeping not to mention it's a good time to work in the garden

Have a great Monday all
Peace

Edit ps my alarm is also set for 420 on the rare occasion I'm still sleeping

Mr.DreamBoat

Mr.DreamBoat

3rd shift work is my problem, then my grows keep me up after and before work ...not to mention I have young kids.
Sleep is overrated ahahaha even when I had a first shift job could never fall asleep before 1a!
I guess some people just want to get more stuff done than some! Lol
Just keep on truckin'

Wish my mind could just take a pit stop at times but it doesn't accomplish much...

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Happy 5:20 AM everybody!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOTY :eek: PARTY T I M E

Mucho thanks for starting this thread @motherlode ... YES, sleep is for the weak :rolleyes:

@Ladyv I think basically something in our Circadian rhythms are messed up for some reason.

Circadian rhythms are physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism's environment. They are found in most living things, including animals, plants and many tiny microbes. The study of circadian rhythms is called chronobiology.Aug 8, 2014
I think the normal light cycles are disrupted for people (a) are third shifters (b) their grow lights come on at night, so they must work at night (c) blind peoplel (studies are currently being done to bring medicine to thelp the blind "fix" their rhythm problem.

@GrowGod that link is helpful and it helps to just repeatedly meditate a meaningful prayer over and over in an infinite loop until sleep comes. It definitely works sometimes. Getting into bed to start my meditation, that is the hard part... I would rather be working on my hobbies than sleeping. They are so interesting to me. But once I am in bed, and I instantly realize I am NOT sleepy at all.... my thoughts are still focusing on building something. I just say the "Hail Mary" infinitely until I sleep. Thanks for sharing that, it really works great, no matter how bad you are feeling about something that went wrong that day, if you get into bed and start praying Hail Mary for people in my family to help them, then I get greedy and just start saying Hail Mary's repeatedly asking God to let me sleep. And I even say "please" to them so they know I am polite and just really need sleep.

@soserthc1 go get that snow!!! When you get done you'll be so ready to sleep and a cup of milk.

@LittleDabbie I like this Valerian you spoke of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039VPGFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they work very very for "Busy brain" syndrome. I will show you my full list of supplements, all are natural vitamins, supplements, etc.

For me the positive outcome is that I can work turn insomnia into money to feed the kids.... lol :) Yaaaa LOL

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah i bought the Extract of valarian ive tried just the powdered root before and it didn't work well so i went with an extract this time along with a few other flower extracts, ships out of bulgaria, Cant find the same ingredients in 1 pill in the same MG in us.. so hada shop abroad ....

showmegreen

showmegreen

hell I forgot what over three hours of sleep was like. I sometimes dont sleep fer days. I have to wear myself out to get any. If I wake up at all rested then I know im in fer a couple dayer. Well between bipolar disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, night terrors (lost more than one lady friend cu of that.) kids school schedules and maintaining a psuedo human existence to the neighbors. I don't think there is time for sleep.I do pretty good without sleep but tell you what id give fer eight hours. Man!... I can eat them pills like candy and nothin. The worst thing they do is make me sleep walk. That scares the hell out of me and im fearless. Neighbors thought I was spun out when I first moved here. Aint the first time. Dude asked me ta hookem up on some dope. Sorry bro this is el natural. You'd run fer yer lives if I was ta git all spun ducky.lol anyway sad as it is, its nice ta see im not alone. Be blessed over n over y'all.

FoxyLady

FoxyLady

Best part?
Watching the shady bitch next door let out her lover at 3am, so he can sneak back to his wife, another guy arrives around 5.15am assume that's her boyfriend,
Then she has the nerve to look down her nose at me.. I know you're shady.. shady girl :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom