Best RO system

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I am about to buy an RO system. Hydrologic's 1000 gpd costs $750, but then they say if you are going to produce more than 150 gallons per WEEK....you need their $250 pre-filter. If thats the case, why not attach it and charge a $1000? :sign0065:

Is any system better than the others, based on experiences, fellow farmers?

Or maybe I should ask....any WORSE than others.

TIA

S

smalltime99

I am about to buy an RO system. Hydrologic's 1000 gpd costs $750, but then they say if you are going to produce more than 150 gallons per WEEK....you need their $250 pre-filter. If thats the case, why not attach it and charge a $1000? :sign0065:

Is any system better than the others, based on experiences, fellow farmers?

Or maybe I should ask....any WORSE than others.

TIA

Has anyone used the Producer from SpectraPure? It claims it can do 1400gal a day?

http://www.thehydrolife.com/products/producer-reverse-osmosis-filter-1400

B

Buddy Hemphill

THis system is awesome
Kinda pricey but a great ratio
http://www.growonix.com/
h

Thats the one I have been leaning towards.

Call me a sucker, but I want to get a system that is being marketed at growers. I wish more companies would make grow specific stuff for us. They all want my money, but these guys advertise in grow magazines. I want to support them, if they are quality. Anybody using Growonix presently?

I dont mind spending good money on good stuff. Sometimes buying the best is still the cheapest in the long run.

The damn filters are 250-280 bucks! hoooooweeeee!!

G

GP2B

Thats the one I have been leaning towards.

Call me a sucker, but I want to get a system that is being marketed at growers. I wish more companies would make grow specific stuff for us. They all want my money, but these guys advertise in grow magazines. I want to support them, if they are quality. Anybody using Growonix presently?

I dont mind spending good money on good stuff. Sometimes buying the best is still the cheapest in the long run.

The damn filters are 250-280 bucks! hoooooweeeee!!

Why pay extra for a repackaged product? 5ppm is 5ppm dosen't matter if it's marketed towards growers or not.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Why pay extra for a repackaged product? 5ppm is 5ppm dosen't matter if it's marketed towards growers or not.

What is Growonix the repackaged version of? Do you think the membrane flush will extend its life like they say? For what they charge for a new one it should.

The price is right on the Merlin for sure. $400 for 720 gpd. The filter costs aren't retarded either.

Cort

Cort

Might find a better deal on one not branded and labeled for MMJ use. This aquarium site will even let you build your own to fit your needs.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Growonix FTW....call and ask for Lain if you need more convincing, super savy.

opt1c

opt1c

growonix; 200gpd and one filter to replace instead of two... no brainer if you ask me

and you can go as big as you want

ttystikk

ttystikk

My RO filter system is rated for 100GPD, and unless you're trying to water a whole greenhouse, why would you want to buy one any bigger than the capacity you'll actually need? Not trying to be a smartass here, it's an honest question... The bigger flow capacity they are, the more they cost, so why buy more than you need?

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

the GE Merlin is great. It is a bit pricey but worth it considering the amount of clean water it can output. The pre-filter (tall blue) mentioned in a previous post will definitely help prolong the overall life of the RO filters membrane, but you can use it without, just know you will have to replace the pre-filter and membranes more often.

opt1c

opt1c

The 100gpd vs 200gpd flow rates are night and day. It takes forever for a 100gpd filter to fill up anything of size. Price difference isn't that much either between the two.

S

Steel Erection

I installed my Growonix GX 300HR today. The thing is kickin ass put out like 25 gallons out in less then 2 hours. I love it. Tested at 4ppm from over 300.-SE

B

Buddy Hemphill

Ok..

Growonix 300.

I just hooked it up. It took 36 hours to filter 200 gallons. The recommended operating PSI range is 40-80 PSI. I am at exactly 40 PSI.

Is this right? Dont seem like it to me....

Papa

Papa

Supporter
BH, with r/o the higher your pressure, the better. i think the units are more efficient with more water pressure, and certainly produce more. do you have a pressure regulator inline that is reducing you pressure to 40psi, or is that all you have. in low-pressure situations, the solution is to add a booster pump. some of the larger/more expensive r/o systems come with a pump to keep the pressure high.

i put 80psi into a merlin and can get about 800 gallons a day out of it.

Unit541

Unit541

I'm of the "5 ppms is 5 ppms" school of thought, so cost was my deciding factor.

14 months now with no issues whatsoever, and can't beat 400gpd for under $250.

Venom818

Venom818

I'm of the "5 ppms is 5 ppms" school of thought, so cost was my deciding factor.

14 months now with no issues whatsoever, and can't beat 400gpd for under $250.

whats the waste on this unit 2-1 or 3-1

Top Bottom