Best sealing Hoods?

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

like i said, it works like u wouldn't believe:) .
jus saying if ur not already air cooling lights n plan on doing so, why not give it a try?
ur gonna have to cut holes in walls or ur roof, so b4 doing so it's worth a try. it's not like ur gonna not be able to undo it fairly easy, once u cut the holes then it's a lil more work to fix.

there's a host of probs that can come from air cooling lights, n i hate them all.

ttystikk that would be the shit, a buddy was talking bout buying a walk inn freezer to grow inn.....but it was jus small talk doubt he'll ever do it

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you're curious you can ask me about the deets sometime, but the system I'm proudest of was the one with two sets of 8kW lights that run opposite one another. All are aircooled. The rooms and the RDWC systems in them were all cooled by just one 2 ton (24,000BTu) chiller. Yeah... that's 16kW of bloom lighting cooled by just 2 tons. In the summer. In a record breaking heat wave...

WITH ENOUGH SPARE CAPACITY TO COOL THE HOUSE.

K

kushsmoker30

ima hook up ducting to hoods with no glass like i said today or tomorrow, can't wait to rock it :)

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

ima hook up ducting to hoods with no glass like i said today or tomorrow, can't wait to rock it :)
. That's cool. But it's not air cooling anything. Not removing heat, just moving your heat around. Seems like alot of work for something I can accomplish with a shop fan screwed to the ceiling and an adjustawing.

K

kushsmoker30

. That's cool. But it's not air cooling anything. Not removing heat, just moving your heat around. Seems like alot of work for something I can accomplish with a shop fan screwed to the ceiling and an adjustawing.

did u try it?

K

kushsmoker30

No, I need to aircool my lights. What you are talking about is not a replacement for air cooling. And honestly it doesn't sound like a logical resolution to any problem.

yea ur probably right......cing as u have experience doing it n all;)

think ima hang a ceiling fan n bust out the A-crap-a-wings i have, to save my self the head ache n settle for less harder nuggz.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

yea ur probably right......cing as u have experience doing it n all;)

think ima hang a ceiling fan n bust out the A-crap-a-wings i have, to save my self the head ache n settle for less harder nuggz.
I don't think even you have tried it. And I don't blame you cuz it's a dumb idea.

K

kushsmoker30

ok, u do seem to know everything including what i've done.

u seem a lil hormonal, this isn't a pissing contest to me i was shearing something i encountered on accident using Block buster hoods. i took down cuz i moved on the XXXL's but pumped them due to my fuck up of wanting to try stupid wings.

i know they call it common sense, but truth is it's not that commnn. just cuz ur mind doesn't understand something doesn't make it fake, kinda like all the people that thought bottling water to sell was a joke. if them people only knew the out come they would of invested in bottling water, shits like $1.50 at liquor stores $3-$5 at fairs n parks.

like or not the shit works n works like u wouldn't believe, take care n have a good night buddy.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use 6 and 8" cool tubes, they just don't leak. I use a bungee cord to control light spread like the Bat wings. Sold all my hoods. When I did have the hoods running I used a tube of sealant that is removable. People use it in the winter to seal windows and stuff. Works great and peels fight off.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

ok, u do seem to know everything including what i've done.

u seem a lil hormonal, this isn't a pissing contest to me i was shearing something i encountered on accident using Block buster hoods. i took down cuz i moved on the XXXL's but pumped them due to my fuck up of wanting to try stupid wings.

i know they call it common sense, but truth is it's not that commnn. just cuz ur mind doesn't understand something doesn't make it fake, kinda like all the people that thought bottling water to sell was a joke. if them people only knew the out come they would of invested in bottling water, shits like $1.50 at liquor stores $3-$5 at fairs n parks.

like or not the shit works n works like u wouldn't believe, take care n have a good night buddy.
Thanks for shearing!!

I found the answer to the problem... It doesnt matter if your shit is super sealed up. Just use two inline fans the exact same size, one pushing on one side, and one pulling on the other. Equalized pressure in the cooling circuit ensures no vacuum effect from the hoods or ducting.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for shearing!!

I found the answer to the problem... It doesnt matter if your shit is super sealed up. Just use two inline fans the exact same size, one pushing on one side, and one pulling on the other. Equalized pressure in the cooling circuit ensures no vacuum effect from the hoods or ducting.

Mama said knock you out!

outwest

ttystikk

ttystikk

I used to hate the idea of open bulbs in the growroom, thinking that any losses I got from the glass would be more than made up for elsewhere. Now, I'm not so sure. The main reason I'm still using sealed hoods is due to this old approach, and thus not enough capacity to try an open hood room. That may change soon, and when it does I'm going to try open hoods, with a vengeance! I might buy stock in Gavita, too, lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

What's helped my room stay cool and comfy more than anything else this winter? Pulling the carpet out of the basement room and growing on bare concrete. My chiller runs half the time it used to...

K

kushsmoker30

a while back i came up on a deal on some lights thats where i had gotten my mag XXXL's, they also threw in 1 diff hood in there it's simular to a Block B hood it has the glass glued to the door or whatever u call it the part that swings open u know hinges on 1 side n 2 retractable wires on the opposite end.

i busted that hood out 2 days ago it was a bitch to try n remove the glass, so cut the wires n flips the hood door over to remove screws witch stated to strip n do nothing. so i figured fuck it must have nuts on the inside, i got a flat head n wedged it inbeween the reflective material and the hood n started to pry em apart. once the 1st side popped out the other jus came out n the sides with the ducting holes slid inward.

it was then that i seen some1 must of removed it b4 me cuz the inside was all caulked up making wat may b a very tight seal sure looked like to me, they also caulked the where flange meets the hood. jus as i thought there was nuts holding onto the tiny blots witch were easy to remove with pliers.

i would of never tried it with a hood i went inn n bought at a store, but cing how easy it came out n went back in i'd say i'll do it to a store bought hood jus make sure 1 has gloves on if ur to try it cuz oil from hands is not good on the reflective material neither iss wiping em off i hear not to mention cutting ur hands as well.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

a while back i came up on a deal on some lights thats where i had gotten my mag XXXL's, they also threw in 1 diff hood in there it's simular to a Block B hood it has the glass glued to the door or whatever u call it the part that swings open u know hinges on 1 side n 2 retractable wires on the opposite end.

i busted that hood out 2 days ago it was a bitch to try n remove the glass, so cut the wires n flips the hood door over to remove screws witch stated to strip n do nothing. so i figured fuck it must have nuts on the inside, i got a flat head n wedged it inbeween the reflective material and the hood n started to pry em apart. once the 1st side popped out the other jus came out n the sides with the ducting holes slid inward.

it was then that i seen some1 must of removed it b4 me cuz the inside was all caulked up making wat may b a very tight seal sure looked like to me, they also caulked the where flange meets the hood. jus as i thought there was nuts holding onto the tiny blots witch were easy to remove with pliers.

i would of never tried it with a hood i went inn n bought at a store, but cing how easy it came out n went back in i'd say i'll do it to a store bought hood jus make sure 1 has gloves on if ur to try it cuz oil from hands is not good on the reflective material neither iss wiping em off i hear not to mention cutting ur hands as well.
??? Wtf??? I see a common theme in your posts. They make no goddamn sense.

Top Bottom