Best sealing Hoods?

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

??? Wtf??? I see a common theme in your posts. They make no goddamn sense.

simple. remove the reflective material inside a hood n use some type of caulk to seal or fill the leaky spots inside the hood, when done put reflective material it back.

i don't use glass n i had a tuff ass time removing the glass cuz it was glued or something to the part that holds the glass i called it a "door" since it has hinges n swings open. figured i would remove the "door" but it was a bitch cuz the bolts that hold the hinge "4 the door" to the hood had nuts inside the hood, so i had to take the reflective material out to get to the nuts to free the hinges.

whoever had the hood b4 me made this hood air tight, using some type a caulk. this thread is about air tight hoods, so i figured i would throw out there wat i seen inside this hood i took apart.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

If the manufacturer took the time to rivitte the hinges and glue the glass to the door.... Chances are they are gonna make an attempt to seal the body as well. Someone did make it air tight.. A little Chinese kid with nimble fingers.

K

kushsmoker30

mmmm ur prob right, them lil kids sure did a bit of a sloppy job with all that caulk. crazy how they powder coated the hood 1st n used some caulk that after, wish they would get there head out there ass n seal leaks then powder coat after cuz they sure r sloppy including the silicone glass job bet they cleared out the local Home Depot of silicone, caulk n caulking guns

or some1 else said fuck tape, but we'll go with ur observation

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

mmmm ur prob right, them lil kids sure did a bit of a sloppy job with all that caulk. crazy how they powder coated the hood 1st n used some caulk that after, wish they would get there head out there ass n seal leaks then powder coat after cuz they sure r sloppy including the silicone glass job bet they cleared out the local Home Depot of silicone, caulk n caulking guns

Atleat, you finally added something about sealed hoods to this thread...

K

kushsmoker30

O 4 sure my friend n thank u 4 ur psychic ability's n being able to discern the real from the fake, i like how u were able to tell me wat i've have or haven't done also ur keen observations on the inside of the hood. any 1 looking 4 answers in life should PM the dad from Malcom in the middle, he'll have the answers 4 u.

2DogWalker

Im gonna try the solismax44s for my two new hoods....they make nice ballasts ans they are what my store carries so I figured I'd give em a try....bought to get two new fans for intake exhaust equalization!

2dw

ttystikk

ttystikk

I totally need to know where to get some of that 'fuck tape.' I can think of dozens of uses... ! :eek:

Latest posts

Top Bottom