Best stains for PAIN

• Thread starter GreenieWitch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No, no, no! Don’t ever use weed for pain!! Anyone who tries it will know it makes your pain a lot worse!!!! I still don’t understand why people claim indica helps! If it has thc it will make your pain go from 5 to a full 10 (1-10 scale) without fail every time!! I don’t understand why people continue to try to claim it helps! See for yourself if you don’t believe me.

I dont think weed helps pain that much either. Not like an aspirin. It does have great anti- inflammation properties that gives me a lot of relief from my symptoms.

but it never made my pain worse.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

I dont think weed helps pain that much either. Not like an aspirin. It does have great anti- inflammation properties that gives me a lot of relief from my symptoms.

yeah that’s true, everyone’s body reacts differently.I haven’t had any bad reactions from CBD but people tell me that a heavy indica like granddaddy purp with all that THC would do wonders for my pain. Never tried it until I had a few cavities filled from the dentist. Smoked heavy indica, and I couldn’t be in more pain! Absolutely agonizing. Weed kicks in fast. When I smoked weed for my pain, my pain went from a 5, localized in the jaw by the filled cavities, to a overwhelming 10 that would encompass a majority of my head and neck. maybe try with caution as I could be one of many others who experience paradoxical reactions in regards to pain.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yeah that’s true, everyone’s body reacts differently.I haven’t had any bad reactions from CBD but people tell me that a heavy indica like granddaddy purp with all that THC would do wonders for my pain. Never tried it until I had a few cavities filled from the dentist. Smoked heavy indica, and I couldn’t be in more pain! Absolutely agonizing. Weed kicks in fast. When I smoked weed for my pain, my pain went from a 5, localized in the jaw by the filled cavities, to a overwhelming 10 that would encompass a majority of my head and neck. maybe try with caution as I could be one of many others who experience paradoxical reactions in regards to pain.

sounds like anxiety induced effect.

But for sure it is different for everyone.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

yeah that’s true, everyone’s body reacts differently.I haven’t had any bad reactions from CBD but people tell me that a heavy indica like granddaddy purp with all that THC would do wonders for my pain. Never tried it until I had a few cavities filled from the dentist. Smoked heavy indica, and I could be in more pain! Absolutely agonizing. Weed kicks in fast. When I smoked weed for my pain, my pain went from a 5, localized in the jaw by the filled cavities, to a overwhelming 10 that would encompass a majority of my head and neck. Another time, long time ago, when I sprained my ankle I wasn’t entirely sure
sounds like anxiety induced effect.

But for sure it is different for everyone.
far from anxiety, specific to pain, weed works wonders in every way for me, indica absolutely crushes anxiety, and sativa crushes depressive anhedonia type feelings, or ya know, from a medicinal point of view everything is great. In fact I never experience paranoia or any other adverse reaction to any type of weed except I’ve discovered some kinda of paradox with pain sadly. It sucks because that means no matter how bad the anxiety, if I smoke weed for my anxiety, and my leg hurts, I’m trading anxiety for more leg pain :(.

or like right now when I don’t want to smoke to get high but just a little bit to help me feel better, like one hit. just that one hit is enough to dramatically worsen my pain.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yeah that’s true, everyone’s body reacts differently.I haven’t had any bad reactions from CBD but people tell me that a heavy indica like granddaddy purp with all that THC would do wonders for my pain. Never tried it until I had a few cavities filled from the dentist. Smoked heavy indica, and I could be in more pain! Absolutely agonizing. Weed kicks in fast. When I smoked weed for my pain, my pain went from a 5, localized in the jaw by the filled cavities, to a overwhelming 10 that would encompass a majority of my head and neck. Another time, long time ago, when I sprained my ankle I wasn’t entirely sure

far from anxiety, specific to pain, weed works wonders in every way for me, indica absolutely crushes anxiety, and sativa crushes depressive anhedonia type feelings, or ya know, from a medicinal point of view everything is great. In fact I never experience paranoia or any other adverse reaction to any type of weed except I’ve discovered some kinda of paradox with pain sadly. It sucks because that means no matter how bad the anxiety, if I smoke weed for my anxiety, and my leg hurts, I’m trading anxiety for more leg pain :(.

or like right now when I don’t want to smoke to get high but just a little bit to help me feel better, like one hit. just that one hit is enough to dramatically worsen my pain.

sorry bud. That kinda sucks.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

I was trying to share a link to help educate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I was trying to share a link to help educate.

Got to disagree, most and I would say a great majority get some level of pain relief from cannabis, and just cuz you and whoever wrote that article do not doesn't mean you're 'educating' anyone, you're only sharing your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Here are some quotes from the link I shared to save time. And as I said before there are more studies and a lot more anecdotes to attest. Just look at the comments to the post I shared. Just trying to help. Maybe you would use caution when suggesting a friend to try cannabis for pain as you don’t know how their body would react. You could suggest pot for pain and tell them to be careful at first to make sure the pain doesn’t get worse. Maybe start half dose. Instead of being like the friend in the story and your good intentions strangely put your friend in more pain.
Beachwalker, instead of disagreeing, why not look, and learn something.

Anyways here are the quotes, then the link again.

“Within the spinal cord, the C-fibers connect with second-order neurons that relay the signal up the spinal cord to the brain. Where C-fibers and second-order neurons intersect are interneurons that can modulate this signal. Specifically, inhibitory interneurons can decrease the strength of the signal sent to the brain. The brain then interprets the signal and produces the negative emotional state we know as pain.”

“inhibitory interneurons express the cannabinoid CB1 receptor. When the CB1 receptor is activated, the interneurons stop releasing the inhibitory neurotransmitters GABA and glycine. Without these inhibitory signals present in the spinal cord, pain signaling to the brain intensifies.”

View attachment 1066883

Of course, as juggernaut says, I’m the one who is misinformed and It’s the shitty weed I’m smoking that’s causing my pain to intensify.
The misinformed public is stupid funny!

When something new is brought to light and people disagree this is what you get...people bashing others, disagreeing is ok, infighting, division and host of more BULLSHIT than what was originally intended...lmfao....

How does anyone know if any of this is real? Oh, cuz, scientists said so? Fuck your scientists!!

Fuck both sides of this argument!! POT IN NO WAY CAN TAKE PAIN AWAY!! FLUSH ANYONE DOWN THE CRAPPER WHO SAYS OTHERWISE!!!

Its psychosomatic bullshit....put it at ease a lil bit. Its never taking pain away though.....cognitive dissonance is funny as phuk....asprin can take upto four hours to get your body to produce a SARS response...in plants its much much less time....you thought it was the asprin that took your headache away.....hell no!! It was psychosomatic...lmfao

beluga

beluga

It doesn't relieve pain; it changes your perception of pain. Depending on the person and variety, that could amplify, manage, or have a null effect.
When I have traumatic injuries from extreme sports, etc, it just kind of transforms pain into something less unbearable and kind of.. odd, or just a different sensation than I'm used to. Certainly beneficial, but not relieving per se.
Now, as mentioned, the anti-inflammatory function is pretty remarkable with the right variety. I'll see my arthritis/synovitis flare ups almost immediately relieved and often for a remarkably long duration.
So, in that regard, it could absolutely be seen as a pain reliever... especially because so many people's root cause of their pain is inflammation.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

The point of the weird increase in pain being “paradoxical” is that it’s basically counterintuitive. Whereas with weed, it’s often understood many varieties will help with pain. I’m assuming just help and not really eliminate. Yet, for some reason there is the potential, at least in some individuals, to experience a unique “reverse” effect. I was trying to shed some light on this unfortunate phenomena instead of adding turmoil.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I don't know about best strains, but my best luck with nerve pain reduction so far has been with L.A. Confidential (DNA), Cheese (Seedsman), and Chemdog (Nirvana). I have also found that edibles work better for me and that really the best relief comes from mixing different strains together.

Seems like a weird conversation going on here, but I guess just try what works for you. I will say that smoking for pain from cavities seems counter-intuitive to me. There is a great course on Coursera from a university in Israel that has a good course on cannabis and pain if you would rather take your knowledge from a professor than a guy on the internet who may or may not be a professor but even less likely in this field.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

There's nothing paradoxical or psychosomatic about it.
It's a hallucinogen, whether people like to believe it or not.
Hallucinogens change your perception quite literally via your neurochemistry.
Everyone's neurochemistry is different and thus hallucinogens effect everyone differently.

It's also teeming with different phytochemicals that have actions on various parts of that neurochemistry in a less individual fashion - i.e. anti-inflammatory.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok now I wasted 30 min of my life cleaning up shit and editing.... as I said debate to your hearts content and keep the personal shit out... if I have to bring the pooper scooper back to the sand box ppl are going home.

Thank you for the co cooperation.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

Got to disagree, most and I would say a great majority get some level of pain relief from cannabis, and just cuz you and whoever wrote that article do not doesn't mean you're 'educating' anyone, you're only sharing your opinion.
I’m doing a lot more than sharing just an opinion, it’s a collaboration of some information on the way pain works in the body and studies conducted observing how this phenomenon is possible. I’d suggest taking a look.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Sounds like the debate is more semantic to me. What does 'pain relief' mean to you? I know I've lived, trained and worked through enough pain to understand there is some pain that no pill or plant is gonna make disappear.

However, in most the worst of situations I've been in regarding pain, getting good and stoned sure increased my quality of life and my outlook. I call that relief also but I understand why you maybe wouldn't.

Condolences to homie with pain symptoms that are magnified by getting high. Seriously that blows.

sunwestgenetics

sunwestgenetics

For me northern Lights is one of the best strains for pain, it is also great for those who suffer from a panic attack or PTSD; this can also doze you off to sleep which is very helpful. It is also quick to kick in if you use a vaporizer.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It depends on the type of pain. It can make my nerve pain worse, (usually only a couch-lock indica for me) but a solid Sativa not only relieves my pain but enables me to get moving like I used to.

Top Bottom