Best Strain For Mother Plant

• Thread starter RedWoods
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedWoods

Ok, so I want to start growing with two strains I will keep my whole life, an autoflower to always produce fem seeds with and a photo strain to always take cuttings from.

For my autoflower I am choosing Devil cream by sweat seeds so I have a nice purple plant(but I am also open to suggestions)
For my photo plant I am looking for something fairly resilient and up there in potency with like ghost train haze(25% ++ obo) I'd like a nice smoke, great scents, and a NICE looking plant, maybe a little bit of color on buds amd more prone to coloring up of leaves, just a nice pretty plant, preferably an IBL strain incase I ever have to make seeds to keep the strain. Also, not as important, but a good size(not a quick growing giant) and good bud/leaf ratio. Anyone willing to help please? I know I may seem a little picky, but I am looking for the perfect strain to keep for decades. Thank You guys for any help and happy growing :)

Doesnt have to be IBL

R

RedWoods

I'm also interested in something that has an abnormal amount of orange hairs/pistils or has awesome colored pistils if it also meets some of my other criteria.

Dunge

Dunge

The way to find keepers is to keep looking.
Once you find her, she is in head to head competition with each new plant you bring in.
Dropping keepers is hard.
First, you need to stop cloning her.
Then it takes months to get those last plants through harvest, all the time resisting planting a cut, even when pruning yields a stack of candidates.

As for the auto, why?
Breeding with autos is an arduous task.
And in the end, the best you can achieve is an auto.
I am engaged in an auto-flower breeding project, but the objective is very narrow.
In the far north, winter comes on too quickly for photo plants to mature.
Thus an auto that can be started inside, put out in June, and harvested before September might work.

R

RedWoods

Your first two paragraphs are very confusing. I wont be bringing in new genetics very often(if at all) so I wont be able to compare plants and keep the best.

You are saying to not clone the plant???

R

RedWoods

Hmmmm, maybe starkiller by Rare Dankness, but I'm in AZ and she doesnt like heat. Things happen, things go wrong I might get heat spikes that ruin her, but will being in a no till bed help her fight the heat and stay healthier with a better imune system?

R

RedWoods

Any negatives to making a girl produce sacs and than using that pollen on the same plant? Force a single branch or two into flower and soak twice a day with caloidle silver, than once sacs start to grow flip the rest of the plant into flower and polinate her with her own pollen.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"I know I may seem a little picky, but I am looking for the perfect strain to keep for decades."

Here's one that ticks all those boxes.
A very stable IBL called Ice Breaker.
has everything you seek and is an eager rooter.
The seeds are expensive, but you only need one.
I was gifted one as a freebie from da gorilla.
Of the dozens of strains that I've grown and loved, she is now my "bottom bitch" queen of the harem.
Six foot

R

RedWoods

she looks quite large and stretchy, how tall is she in that pic? Does she take well to training to get her a lol more short a bushy?

R

RedWoods

what doesnt make sense? Maybe you are a little too stoned.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

she looks quite large and stretchy, how tall is she in that pic? Does she take well to training to get her a lol more short a bushy?

6 feet, but will got to 12 if you let her.
And yes. My momma plant is 3 feet by 3 feet.
The character of the "side effects" depends quite a bit on harvest timing.

R

RedWoods

No reason to rag on autos. Also I cant go try every strain from the seedbank to find the one I want, I can however, get suggestions from much more experienced growers and look into each strainsudjested to find the one that I think I would like the most.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Quite.
And the mix makes for a heavenly aroma.

If I could only have one kine to grow for my duration, I.B. would be that kine.
It enhances cognitive functions, a real party starter.

Mind you, I only had the one seed. So I may have gotten "Pheno-lucky", but it does match their description of effects to a T.

I've been trying to force her to hermie for the pollen
Not getting anywhere with that. :(
Seems extremely stable.
Laughs off abuse, ignores colloidal silver, etc.

Just ordered some silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate.
I'll mix them for some fresh silver thiosulfate to dip a branch or two.
If none of that works, I'll bite the bullet and pony up the $$ for seeds.

Meanwhile, back in the garden, I'll cross my one I.B. female with some Gainesville Green pollen from a year old pollen stash.
G.G, was my favorite strain for the last 5 years so, it should be a great cross,
V-shell-C,
Aloha,
Wee

Top Bottom