Best times to use a PK 13/14

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jyip

jyip

also, i like the tiny bit of leaftip burn, to me, it means im hittin the rev llimitor with nutes and where i wanna be,,,them pics look frosty ll!

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

oh yeah!! Big time!! I use the Boost starting in week 1 so that helps also... but there is DEF a noticeable difference in trich production. They LOVE that BOOST of pk!!

Yeah.. i usually boost high until i see the tip burn then back em off a little... seems to have the best results so far.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm growing in soil and it's an 8 week strain but this run I'm using FF Grow Big (6-4-4) wk 1, FF Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) wks 1-7, GH KoolBloom (0-10-10) wks 2-4 at 1/2 tsp/gallon then wks 5-7 at 1 tsp/gallon.

Once I start using the KoolBloom I'm gonna cut back on Tiger Bloom because I don't want too much P in my nute solution.

jyip

jyip

oh yeah!! Big time!! I use the Boost starting in week 1 so that helps also... but there is DEF a noticeable difference in trich production. They LOVE that BOOST of pk!!

Yeah.. i usually boost high until i see the tip burn then back em off a little... seems to have the best results so far.
Lucky leaf, hows your frosty girls goin now?? i think i gave the PK13-14 to mine alil early, it seems like the buds didnt blow up much after the PK 6 day dose (im in hydro) cuz they got a ton of trichs on both sides of leaves but the bud size didnt increase too much...
Im thinking I shoulda waited longer to let the bud development get alot further along andf then bomb them with the PK,,, this was the 1st time i did it this way, i had always just run the PK at a lower level for whole duration of flowering....i did mine at 20 days,,, i think ona 55 day strain i shoulda waited at least till 30 days like you,,im thinkin i will leave 2 weeks after the PK to let the trichs get all the essentiual oil build up they need by harvest time

good luck with ur harvest,, how bout some harvest pics to follow up with too??thx man

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

Heya jyip! I tend to use the pk 13/14 at low doses (2ml/gal) from week 2-4. At week 5 I spike it to 8-10ml/gal. I will run it at 8-10ml/gal for week 5-6, depending on strain. My rule of thumb is to spike the pk about 3 weeks before the plant comes down.
Like take for instance my DawgPoo strain... it is a 10 weeker, so I pk'd at low doses till the last feeding of the 5th week (im feeding about every 3 days), spiked the pk thru the 6th week and thru the first feeding on the 7th week. I stopped the spike with the first feeding of the 7th week. After this feeding they will get ONLY acclimated pH'd water for weeks 8-10 (I do a 21 day flush). Hope that helps bro!!

Pics are all at 43 days flower.... (first two pics are two different DawgPoo phenos, 3rd pic is of some BlueWidow)

Week 7 day 43 DP12bud1
Week 7 day 43 DP6bud1
Week 7 day 43 bluewidowbud1

jyip

jyip

thx for the info L,,,

what kinda cross is dawgPoo? lotsa diferent strain names these days fo sho,,,looks nice

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

No problem brotha! DawgPoo (f1) is a local cross a local breeder did. Chemdog DD x Apollo 13 Bx. These were tester beans that I found a couple keepers in. These will now be reworked back into the line. Be on the lookout... lotsa good genetics comin outta the PNW right now. We arent bean chuckers tho... we like to work our lines and make em stable. Only way to have KICKASS genetics IMO.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey Lucky4Lyf, I noticed in post #25 you said you feed every 3 days, what media are you using?? hydro, soil, coco??

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

I am in a soil called Growers Professional. Local company produced. I used it on a suggestion of an older grower friend of mine that LOVES the stuff. At only $6 cuft it is a really good deal. I am switching back to SS#4 tho. Ive had my best results in that so far. Straight outta the bag with some lime added (they say its in their but in my experience it is never enuf). I grow in 7gal fabric pots... soon to be 10gal GeoPots. 2k AJW.

B

Badmf

Hey since some of you grow in pots why not do a experiment to see which schedule works best, same strain, same light and voila. Onec with one without.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey since some of you grow in pots why not do a experiment to see which schedule works best, same strain, same light and voila. Onec with one without.

Do you mean 1 plant with a PK boost and 1 without?? Thats not a good experiment because every good grower knows a cannabis plant produces bigger, frostier buds with a PK boost.

B

Badmf

No at different intervals like; from the start vs 3 weeks in and vs 5-6 week only.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No at different intervals like; from the start vs 3 weeks in and vs 5-6 week only.

Oh....I think its better to give a PK boost at middle of week 2-4 at 1 tsp/gallon then weeks 5-7 at 2-3 tsp/gallon on a 9 week strain. thats just my opinion.

B

Badmf

cool but actually knowing what changes there are would be valuble no?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

cool but actually knowing what changes there are would be valuble no?

Your right, but to get accurate info you would have to run a series of tests, thats an experiment. Just 1 side by side is not a true experiment because there are so many other variables, it would give you some decent data, but nothing definitive unless you did it a bunch of times.

jyip

jyip

i was @ the dro store and talkin w/canna rep/store owner/friend and he said use the PK when the buds get the size of a dime looking down at tip of bud,,if that helps anyone i dunno.....

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

i was @ the dro store and talkin w/canna rep/store owner/friend and he said use the PK when the buds get the size of a dime looking down at tip of bud,,if that helps anyone i dunno.....

Different strokes brotha.... I know a buddy of mine that ONLY starts using it in like the 3rd week for like a total of 10 days and thats it. Doesnt use the Boost. His buds always come out spectacular.

I have actually switched my schedule up a little bit also... I still use the Canna Boost all the way thru (4ml) but now I hit em w/pk in week 3 (4ml) for 10 days like my buddy does... but then I wait to hit em with pk again (10ml) until like week 5, 6, or 7 depending on strain (fed that ONE week ONLY). I like to do my pk spike between 21-28 days before finish. I also flush for 21 days (about 6 times).

Gary Host

Gary Host

some people do it in the first week to trgger flowering and then will continue with it in the last weeks..

Old thread, good info!

To ignite flowering/budding use PK with high (P)hosphor ratio. (wks 1-3 for 10-14 days, or 1-2 times if you do weekly feeding) (depending on strain and flower period)
To promote swelling use PK with high (K) Potassium. (wks 5-8 for 10-20 days, or 1-5 times if you do weekly feeding) (depending on strain and flower period)

Q

qwatch2000

3- 5gallon DWC 600w MH 8 week veg(4 from seed)/600w HPS flower
KurpleFantasy Indica75/Sativa/25

I am in week 3 of flower. Been running the Canna Subtra (Hard) all throughout, staying at the lower end of the EC range. I've been doing res changes every 10-20 days when my PH gets out of range and I've topped up with water and A+B no more than 2 times.

That being said I am ready for a res change, one of my girls has had to be topped up with almost 3 full gallons of water, TWice! The schedule says to only use PK13/14 for one week at 6ml:gal. My flowers are still developing in length as in they haven't all touched each other yet and THC production has definitely begun. After what I've read I'm thinking of increasing the boost to the higher range and using the PK now at 2ml/gal. Any suggest? Less? Increase the base nutes and push the EC to the high range? They have grown explosively but have slowed down in flower which is to be expected. indont want to waste the PK spike as I've been reading about but can't see the harm in giving them extra boost and PK while they pack on the resin

I also have some old but fresh Cha Ching and BeastieBloomz by Foxfarms their powdered additives. Any thoughts on adding those in as well at some point ? They worked great when I used them but I've fallen in love with canna.

Does anyone foliar spray with the boost? I foliar fed the Rhizo all throughout and have a bottle of Rhizo and boost mixed at 2ml/quart. Do I stop spraying when I see trichomes?

Thanks for any help. Sorry for the noob questions, not necessarily a noob but doing things totally differently (much better) and learning all over again. Ya'lls grows look amazing. I'm hoping my mine turns out as good as its looking right now.

C

couchlock907

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot about how cannabis likes lower P levels in flower with occasional spikes to boost flowering and I was wondering how to best do this.

I am going to be trying out canna coco a&b with the pk 13/14 a couple times during flower. Theyre chart says to only use it once, but from what Ive seen it might be better to use multiple times during different flowering stages.

Im thinking of using it at week 3 and week 6 on a 9 week strain (8 weeks nutes w/ 1 week flush) for 3-4 days only.

If anyone else has tried using spikes of P instead of just increasing overall levels in flower I would love to know how you did it. Im trying to find the best way to try this before I start experimenting. Thanks everyone!
I use week one 12/12 week four with black strap this is cookie jar ( platinum gsc X wifi alien og at 24 days

Latest posts

Top Bottom