Best Tool For Trimming!

• Thread starter Hydrohelper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay so now what kind of discount do we get for all this social-network advertising we just did for you? I'm being serious, and want to get a set or two.
How about a Farm Discount, Since there are so many of us we should all get the super wholesaler rate. ! I have a friend who just got the testarosa, I always let him buy and try out the latest and greatest. Saves me a lot of money not haveing to buy it myself to find out if it actually works. I will let you all know what we think in a week or so..

K

kolah

or have a 30-day money back guarentee (sp?).

They could also be used to castrate sex offenders. Of course you'd wait until the blades were dull.

signed, Sheriff Kolah

H

Hydrohelper

Haha nice Kolah.. As of now we have the lowest price out there and it will stay that way.. We may be able to work out a Farm discount soon, I have to talk to a few people. They're still very popular here in MI and theyre goin fast

fractal

fractal

800 bucks a set is hella expensive. I wonder if they are really that costly to produce or it's one of those things like they know growers have cash, and they figure it will pay for itself in the end so they are charging so much.

H

Hydrohelper

800 for 2 sets, and a box that runs up to 4 scissors... You can get single testarossa for $200 or a single hero model with the power box for 500

T

tedsprogz

Anyone who has been to a county jail or state/fed prison knows that all you need to make that is a pair of fiskars, a hair trimmer, bunch of tape and rubberbands and some paperclips and buttons.total cost less than 50 bucks. and it'd be more ergonomic .

T

tedsprogz

EDIT: 2 pairs of fiskars...damn it makes me wanna go buy a hair trimmer

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok Real world update! I purchased a set of the hero's and have use them for a couple weeks now. When I first set them up I had to test the finger in the blades of course. Not Recomended! It gives you a good pinch and a small cut. I have bounced the blades off of my fingers when working and as of yet have not got a cut. If care is used there pretty safe although I would not recomend for small fingers, I think they could cause some damage. Worse case would be getting the blade to swipe underneath a fingernail. It would have to be just perfect and probibly more likely with a small finger but I would say it is a possibility if only a slight one. I would say they have honestly cut job time down about half. Give or take. There is some minor draw backs. As expected if the bud is foxtailed you will cut off some tips. Suprisingly though you can work the blades around and get some pretty pricise cutting. I would say the worst problem is leaving more crow's feet then a pair of fiskers but they come off pretty easy once dried if its a big deal. Also if your dealing with an airy bud then look out. Also think edward sizzorhands with the trim. It flys everywhere including into your eyes. I ran them for less then 5 minutes than went to the hardware store and bought a big clear plastic box. I set this on it's side with a light over it and have this sitting in a water heater tray. Working inside the box catches a large portion of the flying trim. If you do the trimming in 2 stages it goes pretty fast and the trim can be seperated First off removel of large fan leaves is very fast with these. These things would be crazy for outdoor monsters preping for the twister. Once the fans are taken care of then these can be picked up and the close work can be done. I would say the quality of extracts will be a bit better beause of ocasional tips or opps but it is very usiable. This was one of my worries when purchinsing them. The trim is finer cut then sizzors but not mushed up so bubble , bho, wax, etc can still be made with the trim. They seam to be quality built but I would have to say a bit overpriced. That said they seam to fill the void between all hand work or mecanical trimmer. I have a bad wrist so for me they are more comfortable to use then sizzors. You won't eliminate the sizzors but you will greatly reduce the amout of time you are using them. I would say they are a practical and useful tool for the farmer who grows enough to make the trimming job a dreaded task but not so much that he wants to buy a twister, or for the twister owner who wants to further speed up the task of prep work. I would like to see them priced a couple few hundred less for what they are but untill someone takes them to china and duplocates them for 10 bucks what's a guy to do! Maybe a pair of these and a trim pro rotor going as well, Hope someone finds this helpful, Peace

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I would say they are a practical and useful tool for the farmer who grows enough to make the trimming job a dreaded task but not so much that he wants to buy a twister, or for the twister owner who wants to further speed up the task of prep work. I would like to see them priced a couple few hundred less for what they are but untill someone takes them to china and duplocates them for 10 bucks what's a guy to do! Maybe a pair of these and a trim pro rotor going as well, Hope someone finds this helpful, Peace

Wow, thanks for the thoughtful review.

outwest

Resinable

Resinable

Just had a friend do 10 lbs in 6hrs with 2 people and it looks like some skilled ladies trimmed it with fiskars!

Damn are you serious; I'm really tempted to get these but am worried I will be disappointed. Tell you what I'm gonna order some and if they don't work I'll by driving out to Michigan to see you :D just kidding.

Even if these things could speed up the process by 30% they would be worth it if, and this is a big if, quality of the trim job is not compromised. California med market is very demanding . . .eager to here more unbiased reviews.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn are you serious; I'm really tempted to get these but am worried I will be disappointed. Tell you what I'm gonna order some and if they don't work I'll by driving out to Michigan to see you :D just kidding.

Even if these things could speed up the process by 30% they would be worth it if, and this is a big if, quality of the trim job is not compromised. California med market is very demanding . . .eager to here more unbiased reviews.

Hey resinable, I always spring for the quality things when I can. Seams to pay off in the long run most of the time. that being said I would seriously try and find someone with a pair that you can try before you buy. I would say there a bit overpriced for me to put them on Nango's list of best buy shit ! Not compleatly out of line given how things are overinflated for our market but deffently some gouging going on. You can't go to harbor freight or home depot and find anything to compair so don't waste you time with weed eater dremmels or hedge trimmers. Not even close to the same. The quality of the trim will suffer some over sizzors. Not as much as I had thought but some extra chunks will be taken out at times. It depends on the structure of the flower and your attention span. If your buds are tight and smooth then look out theres no catching up with sizzors but if you got lots of tips and valleys then there is a point of deminishing returns. The further you try and get in the more you hog out. You can get quite proficient though and actually get right in to the stem and cut the fan stem off. My biggest problem still is not so much the flower but going in too deep and chopping off the main stem. lol I was suprised how well they do and was expecting a bit more abuse to the flower then there is. I have not had much experience with automatic trimers but have seen some from a reaper and this stuff looks much better then that. I go through and remove the stumps after drying and its all good. Easy clean up this way and lets you get one more look before saying goodbye. I would say theres probibly a 1 to 5 or maybe even more percent increase in trim amount depending on your skills. I have operated mecanical equipment most all my life and would say there is more then an hour learning. If your a gamer or have very good eye hand cordination then you should be getting the hang of it in an hour and after 6 0r 8 hours you should be getting dam fast. I can't see getting much faster then this with out serious quality issues or injury. Another thing is if you got small fingers I would look more closely at the testarosa trimmers. They are a lighter duty model with a smaller opening between the cutting fingers. I could see some people not being able to gain much speed without much more practice and some will get it faster. I would not turn just anyone loose with a pile without some serious watching and training. Someone without much coridination, common sence or vested interested in the outcome could turn a pile of a+ into scraps in about 1 minute! lol I would say that a 30 percent increase in speed is a very reasonable expectation and I would say I save almost that much time just using these for fan leave removel. (least on plants that have not been stripped earlyer on in life) I would say that they cut time down about half over a 5 elbow run. Not counting the first few hours cause a talented sizzor person can give you a run for your money at first but after mid day it really begins to show. If I had to rate them I would give them a 3 out of 5 getting docked for price mostly. They apear to be well built. Not snap-on well built but craftsman quality or a bit higher if that helps any body who knows tools. If you are the kind of person who would not be comfortable canging a watch battery then these may be a bit uncormfortable for you to clean. The cleaning maintenance is simple consisting of removing some small screws, cleaning out the motor compartment and blades, oiling the blades and reassembeling. Took about half hour to do both pair upon compleation and should be done every couple days of use or when prepairing for storage. I did not have much problem with buildup overtime and a handy razorblade cleaned up what there was in a minute. (nice sizzor hash for sure) I am still considering trying out a trimpro rotor. I would like to compair quality and speed! The problem with these are now I am an equipment operator and have to sit and work which is what I was trying to avoid! I would really like to reduce the 3 to 5 days down to 3 to 5 hours but I think thats just one of those dreams! Peace

K

kolah

I like Dankworth's video post. Simple, cheap and functional.

dirk d

dirk d

If you want a quality set of snips:

http://www.ars-edge.co.jp/world/02products/product_06grape.html

and you will never go back. Super light weight. Action is unparalleled. Makes trimming a breeze. I used to go through like 10-20 fiskars a month, now about 4 of these instead. I just jammed though about 4 bushels in approx 14 hours by myself.

Hydro helper... nice infomercial.

my hydro guy has been trying to get me to use these for the last 2 years lol maybe i'll try a set lol see how they compare to my fiskars. you know honestly. I'm getting to be a beast with my fiskars. I bet i can trim faster with fiskars than that diy trimmer thing.

juggernaut

juggernaut

and you will never go back. Super light weight. Action is unparalleled. Makes trimming a breeze. I used to go through like 10-20 fiskars a month, now about 4 of these instead. I just jammed though about 4 bushels in approx 14 hours by myself.

i just bought the same ones...very nice.
Tried them for one night .Loved them then passed it to a trimmer. Now i'm back to just growing.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Haha you're so fucking lucky juggernaut. I like trimming the first 10% of my harvest, then I wish I could hand the scissors over. I dig those very lite craft scissors cap!

Any of y'all like this type?

Curve

AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, THERE'S A BIT OF A LEARNING CURVE LOLOLOLOL

psilobuds

psilobuds

they look good mate. do you sharpen them when plant or just replace?

Top Bottom