Best Top of The Line LED For 4x4 or 5x5?

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

Which gavita? And you do realize lens reduce UV and overall efficacy right?
The 1700. Firstly led lights don’t have uv in the spectrum and yes it reduces light output but increases penetration into the canopy. Also ir is photosynthetic more than we thought. DR. Bruce bugbee just released research on both of these things and showed how lenses are better for led lights. Also light output isn’t the end all be all. Scynce has less light output technically and yet has a better light spread than almost any light on the market. A sheet isn’t the end all be all. I love Migro as well but some of the numbers on that chart aren’t correct, and light output isn’t the end all be all measurement for lights

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The 1700. Firstly led lights don’t have uv in the spectrum and yes it reduces light output but increases penetration into the canopy. Also ir is photosynthetic more than we thought. DR. Bruce bugbee just released research on both of these things and showed how lenses are better for led lights. Also light output isn’t the end all be all. Scynce has less light output technically and yet has a better light spread than almost any light on the market. A sheet isn’t the end all be all. I love Migro as well but some of the numbers on that chart aren’t correct, and light output isn’t the end all be all measurement for lights
Oh really?

Link me the video and I will point out where you are misinterpreting what he is saying.

Led absolutely produce UV where did you get that? Now that said UVA, there are UVB diodes bit extremely costly and not viable for our use.

The only thing lenses do is adjust spread at the cost of efficacy. It depends on the height of hanging and the diodes used whether lenses will benefit you or not. If you hang a gavita 3 feet over the canopy then yes but if you hang it 12" and put lenses to focus light (aka you penetration) then it makes hot spots. The fact you are blanket stating lenses are better tells me this is regurgitating info without actually understanding it.

If your gonna call me out as bullshit then you better understand what your talking about cause it will be a good debate

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah we're definitely getting into the fine pros and cons of each light now. I understand that all of the lights discussed are great choices overall. Seems like some have slight advantages over the others but where you gain in one area you may loose out in another. Im starting to wondering if there truly is a "perfect light" or if we are debating such a small percentile now that it could be just personal preferences at this point. 🤔

cottageman

cottageman

Oh really?

Link me the video and I will point out where you are misinterpreting what he is saying.

Led absolutely produce UV where did you get that? Now that said UVA, there are UVB diodes bit extremely costly and not viable for our use.

The only thing lenses do is adjust spread at the cost of efficacy. It depends on the height of hanging and the diodes used whether lenses will benefit you or not. If you hang a gavita 3 feet over the canopy then yes but if you hang it 12" and put lenses to focus light (aka you penetration) then it makes hot spots. The fact you are blanket stating lenses are better tells me this is regurgitating i for without actually understanding it.
It’s called new research, there’s a link to scynce Instagram page where they go over his NEW research about how lenses protect fixtures and angle the light in a way that helps spread. Also talks about how far red needs to be reconsidered and is almost as important the rest of the spectrum. No misrepresentation just new data and science that I guess you missed. Also there’s little to no Uv in led spectrums. Uv ends at 400 nm and even looking at gravitas spectrum it has less than 1% at 400

cottageman

cottageman

Oh really?

The only thing lenses do is adjust spread at the cost of efficacy. It depends on the height of hanging and the diodes used whether lenses will benefit you or not. If you hang a gavita 3 feet over the canopy then yes but if you hang it 12" and put lenses to focus light (aka you penetration) then it makes hot spots. The fact you are blanket stating lenses are better tells me this is regurgitating info without actually understanding it.

If your gonna call me out as bullshit then you better understand what your talking about cause it will be a good debate
Maybe before saying I’m misrepresenting stuff you look at new research and new findings instead of assuming what I’m talking about...

cottageman

cottageman

“Although fixture efficacy is paramount, timing and angular delivery of photons to photosynthetic tissues, spectrum and intensity also determine the effectiveness of the photon delivery system” the #3 key takeaway on the post. Also I didn’t call anyone out on bullshit I simply stated that gavita 1700 is not the best because it’s not, by the numbers and the experience I’ve had over the last year plus with their lights

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah we're definitely getting into the fine pros and cons of each light now. I understand that all of the lights discussed are great choices overall. Seems like some have
It’s called new research, there’s a link to scynce Instagram page where they go over his NEW research about how lenses protect fixtures and angle the light in a way that helps spread. Also talks about how far red needs to be reconsidered and is almost as important the rest of the spectrum. No misrepresentation just new data and science that I guess you missed. Also there’s little to no Uv in led spectrums. Uv ends at 400 nm and even looking at gravitas spectrum it has less than 1% at 400

Where did I say gavita had UV? I didn't I said there are LED UVA DIODES.

I didn't miss anything I understand it... and you do not.

Let me look at this info and tell you where you have no clue what your saying

Anthem

Anthem

If lenses were so great Gavita would not have stopped using them. The Gavita 1650E had lenses, the 1700E does not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

“Although fixture efficacy is paramount, timing and angular delivery of photons to photosynthetic tissues, spectrum and intensity also determine the effectiveness of the photon delivery system” the #3 key takeaway on the post. Also I didn’t call anyone out on bullshit I simply stated that gavita 1700 is not the best because it’s not, by the numbers and the experience I’ve had over the last year plus with their lights
You don't get the tech difference and spectrum has alot to do with penetration not just delivery.. you cant just cherry pick

cottageman

cottageman

You don't get the tech difference and spectrum has alot to do with penetration not just delivery.. you cant just cherry pick
I’m not cherry picking lol the scientists literally tell you lenses have a role in just quoting what they are saying. They also vastly increase the lifetime of your fixture meaning it stays efficient for longer, that was key takeaway #2. I’ll go with what the scientists say about lenses and they say that it help penetrate into the canopy and helps increase spread. Also scynce has ir light that’s fully customizable and no other fixture has that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@cottageman synce led using higher watt diodes and needs lenses to spread it out... gavita uses much more smaller wattage diodes and does not need lens... if you notice all led manufacturers are doing this to improve efficacy with maintaining even coverage and goo penetration.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The reason is synce started out with patented lenses for other lighting like headlights and then decided to move into the grow light market.these sources for thoer lenses used a single source light so the lenses made a huge difference... The tech has changed and lenses are a hindrance so now they moved into tunable spectrum which makes them viable for that reason.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m not cherry picking lol the scientists literally tell you lenses have a role in just quoting what they are saying. They also vastly increase the lifetime of your fixture meaning it stays efficient for longer, that was key takeaway #2. I’ll go with what the scientists say about lenses and they say that it help penetrate into the canopy and helps increase spread. Also scynce has ir light that’s fully customizable and no other fixture has that
Sigh how does a lense improve the life of a diode? Can you link this shit so I can see who paid for this research and the actual wording.

Anthem

Anthem

But why is it that the company that started the 1000W DE fixture and has been the gold standard for some many years removed said lenses from their fixture. I looked at the Scynce marketing on the lenses data and it just sounds like marketing. Pretty much every major manufacturer of strip style LED's has moved away from lenses and it running the light without lenses. The ones I am aware of are Gavita, Fluence, Growers Choice and the list goes on.

cottageman

cottageman

@cottageman synce led using higher watt diodes and needs lenses to spread it out... gavita uses much more smaller wattage diodes and does not need lens... if you notice all led manufacturers are doing this to improve efficacy with maintaining even coverage and goo penetration.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The reason is synce started out with patented lenses for other lighting like headlights and then decided to move into the grow light market.these sources for thoer lenses used a single source light so the lenses made a huge difference... The tech has changed and lenses are a hindrance so now they moved into tunable spectrum which makes them viable for that reason.
You’re just wrong I’m sorry. Lenses are not a negative according to the science it helps penetration. You’re arguing again the science at this point lenses absolutely do help. And the spectrum control is something no one else can do, gavita doesn’t even have ir which has scientific advantages compared to other forms of light and is currently being reconsidered to be added into the par range officially. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099010
There’s the full article, which also states that Uv light is generally absent in led fixtures like I was trying to tell you. Scynce isn’t old tech that’s kind of non sense, especially when they have a better light spread than 99% of lights on the market while only using 600w, WITH lenses

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically if you still using 5 and 10w cobs then yeah lenses help... but thats old news and a new take to make old tech relevant but at a cost of efficacy....

There is a reason boards and stips keep adding more diodes and no lenses... this is new tech... not trying to revive outdated dead horse with some marketing.

cottageman

cottageman

But why is it that the company that started the 1000W DE fixture and has been the gold standard for some many years removed said lenses from their fixture. I looked at the Scynce marketing on the lenses data and it just sounds like marketing. Pretty much every major manufacturer of strip style LED's has moved away from lenses and it running the light without lenses. The ones I am aware of are Gavita, Fluence, Growers Choice and the list goes on.
Those were protective coverings not lenses.
There’s the scientific article that goes over this. Also IR has a huge benefit for plants that most led companies don’t have. Also scynce has a better light spread than gavita yet only uses 600w

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You’re just wrong I’m sorry. Lenses are not a negative according to the science it helps penetration. You’re arguing again the science at this point lenses absolutely do help. And the spectrum control is something no one else can do, gavita doesn’t even have ir which has scientific advantages compared to other forms of light and is currently being reconsidered to be added into the par range officially. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099010
There’s the full article, which also states that Uv light is generally absent in led fixtures like I was trying to tell you. Scynce isn’t old tech that’s kind of non sense, especially when they have a better light spread than 99% of lights on the market while only using 600w, WITH lenses
Watts mean nothing... its output per watt and spectrum.

You can't fix stupid. I'm done.

You just plain and simple do not know what your talking about... maybe one day you will get it.

cottageman

cottageman

Basically if you still using 5 and 10w cobs then yeah lenses help... but thats old news and a new take to make old tech relevant but at a cost of efficacy....

There is a reason boards and stips keep adding more diodes and no lenses... this is new tech... not trying to revive outdated dead horse with some marketing.
According to the new science this is incorrect. Led fixtures will be adding more lenses and ir in the years to come. Specgrade also has lenses and makes some of the best fixtures in the market

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those were protective coverings not lenses.
There’s the scientific article that goes over this. Also IR has a huge benefit for plants that most led companies don’t have. Also scynce has a better light spread than gavita yet only uses 600w
You don't get it.... they are studying light bleed... like I said the higher the light the more bleed and the more benefit to lenses... yes in a greenhouse where thats typically a higher hanging height.

You move a fixture down with reflective walls ( UNLIKE A GREENHOUSE) and you no longer need lens and infact they hinder the light.

Top Bottom