Best Top of The Line LED For 4x4 or 5x5?

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Those were protective coverings not lenses.
There’s the scientific article that goes over this. Also IR has a huge benefit for plants that most led companies don’t have. Also scynce has a better light spread than gavita yet only uses 600w
That article is 6 years old. Gavita did not even have the 1650e fixture on the market at that time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok done here... ppl can make up thier own minds but you have no idea what you are talking about and how its applied. You cant use one application to blanket all others.

cottageman

cottageman

That article is 6 years old. Gavita did not even have the 1650e fixture on the market at that time.
My bad that’s the wrong link, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41438-020-0283-7 here’s the correct link and a direct quote from the lenses portion, “
4. Optical losses occur when LEDs are mounted in fixtures. The sides of the fixture can obstruct low-angle photons. Protective transparent covers (e.g., glass) transmit up to 92% of the photons and thus reduce the output by 8%, but this protection can significantly improve the lifetime of a fixture. Fixtures with unprotected LEDs can have 99% optical efficiency, but may have shorter lifetimes in harsh growing environments (e.g., high humidity).

Optical covers can also diffuse the photons, which reduces efficiency, but can result in more uniform mixing of colors and improved photon penetration into plant canopies54,55,56.”
So please tell me and the scientists that conducted this how they’re wrong and that lense tech is outdated?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would debate but at this point its not a debate its someone telling me I'm wrong based on outdated tech and studies without understanding the difference in applications and effects.

So its not a debate its a passing match and I'm not gonna bother

cottageman

cottageman

It also states in the first link how there isn’t any uv in an led spectrum without added uv diodes and also how important far red is and why it should be added into fixtures from now on and not just used supplementary

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My bad that’s the wrong link, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41438-020-0283-7 here’s the correct link and a direct quote from the lenses portion, “
4. Optical losses occur when LEDs are mounted in fixtures. The sides of the fixture can obstruct low-angle photons. Protective transparent covers (e.g., glass) transmit up to 92% of the photons and thus reduce the output by 8%, but this protection can significantly improve the lifetime of a fixture. Fixtures with unprotected LEDs can have 99% optical efficiency, but may have shorter lifetimes in harsh growing environments (e.g., high humidity).

Optical covers can also diffuse the photons, which reduces efficiency, but can result in more uniform mixing of colors and improved photon penetration into plant canopies54,55,56.”
So please tell me and the scientists that conducted this how they’re wrong and that lense tech is outdated?
AND THATS WHY THEY HANG THEM 12-24INCHES. SIGH... improving the efficacy and light bleed so there is no need for lenses.... Sheesh. Ok I'm done not responding here agaim

cottageman

cottageman

AND THATS WHY THEY HANG THEM 12-24INCHES. SIGH... improving the efficacy and light bleed so there is no need for lenses.... Sheesh. Ok I'm done not responding here agaim
There fixture can be hung 8 inches from canopy... idk why you’re arguing the scientific study that states that lenses help and improve mixing and penetration. I’ll stick with the scientists on this one. Scynce lights can be hung 8-30 inches away because of the lenses hanging height doesn’t detract from the advantages of the lenses. Also protects the diodes which makes them more efficient than uncovered ones in the long run

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There fixture can be hung 8 inches from canopy... idk why you’re arguing the scientific study that states that lenses help and improve mixing and penetration. I’ll stick with the scientists on this one. Scynce lights can be hung 8-30 inches away because of the lenses hanging height doesn’t detract from the advantages of the lenses. Also protects the diodes which makes them more efficient than uncovered ones in the long run
Look at thier light man... how you gonna get any coverage at 8". Cmon now. This is a classic example of someone wanting to be right at all costs only looking for info to support them while ignoring the rest, not looking at any info given.. I looked at yours and told you why its wrong so im done.

You stick to your science but science is only as good as its interpretation and thats where YOUR wrong not the science you linked... there is nothing wrong with the info you provided... its how YOU are interpreting it.

cottageman

cottageman

If you look at the cited articles they also say that diffused light particles(light that comes through a lense) penetrates the lower canopy better than direct radiation which is light with no lens to diffuse it. This was tested on wheat also done by bugbee I’m pretty sure

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you look at the cited articles they also say that diffused light particles(light that comes through a lense) penetrates the lower canopy better than direct radiation which is light with no lens to diffuse it. This was tested on wheat also done by bugbee I’m pretty sure
Do you even know what that means? If you did we wouldn't even be discussing it... PLAIN AND SIMOLE FOR YOU.

LIGHT COMING FROM VARIOUS ANGLES WILL PENETRATE BETTER BECAUSE ITS LESS LIKELY TO BE BLOCKED BY THE UPPER LEAVES.

SO ADDING A LENS DOES THIS.

BUT AO DOES ADDING MORE DIODES CAUSING THEM SAME EFFECT.

LENSES ARE ONLY GOOD FOR HIGHER WATTAGE DIODES THAT NEED TO SPREAD THE LIGHT.

LOW WATTAGE DIODES IN MUCH GREATER NUMBERS SPREAD OUT DO NOT NEED LENSES TO ACHIVE THIS.

OK WE DONE HERE?

cottageman

cottageman

Look at thier light man... how you gonna get any coverage at 8". Cmon now. This is a classic example of someone wanting to be right at all costs only looking for info to support them while ignoring the rest, not looking at any info given.. I looked at yours and told you why its wrong so im done.

You stick to your science but science is only as good as its interpretation and thats where YOUR wrong not the science you linked... there is nothing wrong with the info you provided... its how YOU are interpreting it.
The science literally says lenses are beneficial there’s nothing to interpret lmao how do you not see that?! Hanging lights closer doesn’t diffuse photons lmao it also says that in the article. Lenses diffuse the spectrum and help them mix. Having diodes closer together does not do the same thing and the citations literally say that. I can misrepresent when I’ve been quoting the research... the article literally says it improves longevity and improves canopy penetration. Also yeah you can hang their lights that close there’s multiple people on Instagram that do that with their raging Kush lights, 8 inches away from canopy with no burning. Check out lostleafmi on ig he’s literally doing that right now in his room

cottageman

cottageman

Do you even know what that means? If you did we wouldn't even be discussing it... PLAIN AND SIMOLE FOR YOU.

LIGHT COMING FROM VARIOUS ANGLES WILL PENETRATE BETTER BECAUSE ITS LESS LIKELY TO BE BLOCKED BY THE UPPER LEAVES.

SO ADDING A LENS DOES THIS.

BUT AO DOES ADDING MORE DIODES CAUSING THEM SAME EFFECT.

LENSES ARE ONLY GOOD FOR HIGHER WATTAGE DIODES THAT NEED TO SPREAD THE LIGHT.

LOW WATTAGE DIODES IN MUCH GREATER NUMBERS SPREAD OUT DO NOT NEED LENSES TO ACHIVE THIS.

OK WE DONE HERE?
Adding more diodes does not do the same thing that light is not diffused its natural light radiation which does not penetrate at the same rate that diffused light does. Adding diodes closer does not have the same effect adding diodes closer together doesn’t magically make the light diffused and come at different angles if they’re all not using lenses and coming from the top, there’s no difference in angle, there’s no diffusion, it is not the same thing and that’s what the science is trying to say. Why would they add that lenses do that and not add in that more diodes achieve the same thing?! Citation 55 explains the difference between diffused light radiation(lenses) and natural light radiation(no lense) there is a difference you’re just not seeing it and getting mad but ok

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The science literally says lenses are beneficial there’s nothing to interpret lmao how do you not see that?! Hanging lights closer doesn’t diffuse photons lmao it also says that in the article. Lenses diffuse the spectrum and help them mix. Having diodes closer together does not do the same thing and the citations literally say that. I can misrepresent when I’ve been quoting the research... the article literally says it improves longevity and improves canopy penetration. Also yeah you can hang their lights that close there’s multiple people on Instagram that do that with their raging Kush lights, 8 inches away from canopy with no burning. Check out lostleafmi on ig he’s literally doing that right now in his room
If only you understood what your talking about... going on ignore now.

cottageman

cottageman

When the article says lenses cal also diffuse photons, it’s implying that diodes without lenses don’t do this, that’s why you get more mixing of photons but less efficiency

Anthem

Anthem

I think you need to reread the article and understand what is actually being c
I am sorry Cottageman but you have no idea what you are talking about. The last article you posted specifically stated at 8 percent loss of light using lenses. You are as @Aqua Man stated trying to CHERRY pick information. Secondly, you seem to have it out for Gavita which I understand because growing under their LED's is not like growing under HPS. It can be much more complicated. Lastly, I believe you are either sponsored by Sycnce or are looking to get sponsored. So go get the Sycnce LED's and see if your problems go away. I just cannot deal with someone that cannot understand the information they are looking at.

cottageman

cottageman

I think you need to reread the article and understand what is actually being c
I am sorry Cottageman but you have no idea what you are talking about. The last article you posted specifically stated at 8 percent loss of light using lenses. You are as @Aqua Man stated trying to CHERRY pick information. Secondly, you seem to have it out for Gavita which I understand because growing under their LED's is not like growing under HPS. It can be much more complicated. Lastly, I believe you are either sponsored by Sycnce or are looking to get sponsored. So go get the Sycnce LED's and see if your problems go away. I just cannot deal with someone that cannot understand the information they are looking at.
I literally quotes the part about light loss lmao can you not read my quotes? I don’t like the gavita led because it’s not that good, have a whole room of luxx led that are kicking ass and cheaper, it’s my personal experience. You are literally cherry picking data, yess 8% light loss and in the same sentence they explain why they think it’s worth the loss, but you didn’t include that info did you? I included the light loss info into my quotes and literally never denied it. The article states that despite the light loss it greatly improves longevity and can increase canopy penetration, you’re cherry picking the light loss part without adding in the rest. I also added the article which is the opposite of cherry picking. I also have never bought anything scynce and don’t get paid by them, people just don’t understand information and science anymore apparently. There’s multiple other articles explaining how lenses are beneficial

Top Bottom