Best Vape Pen

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am traveling soon, and I like to travel with my pen and bubble. My pen is several years old now and I am sure better ones are being made now. What is the best pen made? I want something that hits hard, is easy to clean and pack, and doesn't look like a bong. Any ideas?

The Terps

The Terps

I would imagine an rda/mod would be best. I use one for nicotine but my buddy uses his for wax so there is a suggestion i know my mod burn 3x better than any dab pen I've ever had

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Right there with @The Terps . A mod/rda combo is hands down 1000x better than any pen you'll use.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Can you guys throw me a link? I am having trouble finding what model you guys are talking about.

The Terps

The Terps

I just searched and couldn't find a good source for you. I got mine at my local vape shop most towns have one. I'd recommend going to a shop cause it gets a little confusing for you first time. I still don't know how to build my own coils or what battery to get with what mod. So going to an actual store and spending my cash locally really helped me quit chewing tobacco. These stupid things are overly customizable so it's an everything sold seperate/ build your own market which is to confusing!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
For a beginner I would recommend a standard tube mechanical mod. Something copper has the highest efficiency. I use a Penny mod personally, but a four nine is a nice mod as well as a Vanilla or Anarchist. If you're a gun nut, there are authentic AR mods which are made from the barrel of an AR-15. You'll want an 18650 mod as the 26650 mods are massive. Also, make sure to buy a quality battery like an E-Fest 18650 or Sony VTC4 or VTC5 as they are safe to handle low ohm builds. Remember with batteries, if it has "fire" in the name, probably best not to use that battery for mods.

Now for the RDA, I would recommend something like the Tobh Atty (hence my name ;)) or I'm now using a DarkHorse. FastTech has many of these products available online for real cheap, but they ship from China and can take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Have a local shop do your first few builds and watch and learn.

Until you know what you're doing when building, DO NOT USE ANY OTHER KIND OF WIRE THAN KANTHAL! The risk of blowing your face off is real when you step into using nichrome or gplat wire. My current build is 6 wraps Royal wire, ohms out at about .06 which is the operational limit for the batteries I use.

I know this is a lot of info so if you have any questions, message me and I'll help you out. There's tons of videos on youtube for reviews and educational videos. I've been vaping over a year now and doing my own builds just as long. Can be a really fun hobby and using some 0 nicotine juice, you can enter into "cloud comps" and fog the hell out of a store, which is hella fun.

One Love,
tobh

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

How do these compare to a standard oil rig?

I have the regular glass globe vape. Feels like a tease when out and about trying to get a buzz.

The Terps

The Terps

Lol exactly what I'm talking about above. Shit is confusing and if done wrong dangerous have a pro do it for you! @tobh wouldn't kanthal be the only suitable wire for a dabbing rig?

The Terps

The Terps

@Smokey503ski to put it into perspective... Your driving a honda civic and these things have the capabilities of a formula one. Like tobh said check out the clouds ppl are blowing clouds on youtube these things can rip. Probably just as hard as your nail set ups but I don't dab no more so.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
The persei pen has been pretty killer to use. You can load like close to a gram per cart and smoke on it all day or for days sometimes. It's very efficient. Makes it easy so yoy don't also have to carry concentrates on yoy loose and keep loading them. A persei is like 200 roughly but iv found it to be worth the money

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Do you get the funky reclaim oil taste when putting a gram in the cart?
I really like the idea of being able to puff clouds in the go.
Lol. Actually I drive a 1968 VW Beetle. No water pumpers here.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I just read that the persei says you need draw slowly to get rips.
Anyone know of a vape that pulls quick hits.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
You draw a slower rip for 5 seconds or so and you get some nice clouds

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Lol exactly what I'm talking about above. Shit is confusing and if done wrong dangerous have a pro do it for you! @tobh wouldn't kanthal be the only suitable wire for a dabbing rig?

I've used nichrome and gplat to smoke bho before. I actually prefer the lower resistance wires due to the fact I'm used to blowing massive clouds with my nic juice anyways. Kanthal is just the safest of the available wires.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So how did I do guys? @tobh I live in the hills, so the tobh wasn't available anywhere. :( Compared to my old Ego, what I bought seems WAY better.

Fakirs FX 30 (brushed stainless)
Thunder cloud plus
Efest IMR battery 26650 4200mAh

Now I just have to wait for my brother to show up with some oil and it's on! Thanks for all the help you guys.

P.S. One smoke show did have the king kong, so close to forking up the cash but held back.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

BTW, running at .33 I also have no idea what kind of wire I am using, it's 26 gauge.

Also, when smoking waxy oil, do you guys use the cotton? I would assume the oil goes on without the cotton, right?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Bulldog11 I just rub some wax on the coils that I use with my regular nic juice. Cotton and all. I ain't got the balls to run without cotton, the builds I run get hella hot quick and hurt worse than any wax hit I've ever taken. You're probably using kanthal wire if you're running at .33 ohms. A lot of shops won't sell the other stuff to you unless you can prove you know wtf you're doing due to the aforementioned risks.

That mod looks good, though it is big! Those 26650 mods are sheer monsters. That RDA looks decent as well. Will provide exactly what you're after. Looks like you made a good purchase and have a safe build to go with. Congrats on your purchase!

One Love,
tobh

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

the 26650 is a monster for sure! I was going to buy the smaller unit, already started paying, then noticed the bigger one. I asked the guy, "does this model hit better?" and he said 2x better. Sold me on the spot.

So @tobh have you ever smoked oil without your nicotine liquid? I don't really want to use the liquid, and was hoping I could take direct hits. Anybody else know if you need nicotine oil and/or cotton?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I have not, I knew a guy for a while that was making thc infused liquids though his quality was medial at best. Difficult to suspend bho in a propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin mix without many hours of slow heating and steeping. I've also heard of alcohol based liquids though I'm not sure how enjoyable that would be on the throat. You can get unflavored non-nicotine liquid through most vape shops. Just tell them you want a bottle of their base liquid if they mix it on the spot instead of being an authorized distributor. I recommend a high VG content with your mod though, PG will choke you out at 50/50 mixes.

Top Bottom