Best Way To Deal With Stalk Rot...

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Damn I already put the tires on every plant :( Shit.... Well Im gonna go to ag unlimited in geyserville -its the closest one to me and get a good supply of it... Do i mix it into my 1200 gallon feeding tank or should i make small batches in a pickle barrel and water the individual plants with the problem.??? Im sure it has directions on the packaging but I always like to here how you use it and what you think works best.......... I think that it could be in the soil I have been buying.. I told the guys at the bio logic tea place on santa rosa ave about my problem and he instantly made fun of sequoia landscape supply and thought that they were they culprits for selling mediocre soil.. Its like 300$ for a yard of the biologic soil and i can't afford that price (ridiculous) Thx again blaze for the great info you always come through :)

Blaze

Blaze

Damn I already put the tires on every plant :( Shit.... Well Im gonna go to ag unlimited in geyserville -its the closest one to me and get a good supply of it... Do i mix it into my 1200 gallon feeding tank or should i make small batches in a pickle barrel and water the individual plants with the problem.??? Im sure it has directions on the packaging but I always like to here how you use it and what you think works best.......... I think that it could be in the soil I have been buying.. I told the guys at the bio logic tea place on santa rosa ave about my problem and he instantly made fun of sequoia landscape supply and thought that they were they culprits for selling mediocre soil.. Its like 300$ for a yard of the biologic soil and i can't afford that price (ridiculous) Thx again blaze for the great info you always come through :)

It's not like the tires will start leaching crap right away, it takes time for them to break down.

I always hit my entire garden with regalia. I prefer to foiliar with it up until early flower then switch to soil drench. It gets very cost prohibitive to soil drench with regalia for the entire year as you use 10 times as much doing it that way than you do with foliar. You might consider hitting the problem plants with BioPhos but as a general rule for IPM you don't want to just treat individual plants. If you do not get full coverage of your entire garden, what ever pest you are fighting will just immediately come back in most cases. Under-applying pesticides and fungicides can be just as damaging as over applying them, as it will increase the changes of resistance in the remaining population and result in additional applications.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Regalia is definitely a excellent product and a good 'cure all / preventative' for fungal issues. It is not a normal fungicide, but rather it strengthens the plants defenses against fungus so it work against both soil born and foliar fungal and bacterial pathogens. As a result it has minimal chance of building tolerance, works on a wide range of pathogens, and since it can be soil drenched, can be used all the way through flower. We use it every 10-14 days all season long.

I've been hearing good things about regalia, are you saying that its mode of action is triggering a SAR response in the plants?

I'm curious because when I read "fungucide" I figure that it'll do some damage to the beneficial microflora, necessitating a re-inoculation of the growing medium.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So here are the worst couple plants out of the gardens. I bought organicide the other day and have also been spraying the infected area with mad farmer and honestly I think the spraying and making the spot wet again makes it worse then the product is helping.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I always wondered about cutting the infected area as close to the wound as possible.
Then spraying it with carbonated water with h202 letting it dry possibly some sort of breathable cloth attached like a band aid
Treat it like any wound area needs to be sterilized and washed good . then kept as dry as possible ,
i am sure there are a number of ways a person could go into with different types of remedies fighting a fungi with fungi or just plain potassium bicarbonate , Bacillus Subtilis.
Sonata and even stuff mentioned above

No matter what as long as the leafs are not dropping your ok
but only way sometimes is guess work , like cuttng the infected area may work or it may just go south in a hurry
cut your infected stalk grab some fan leafs and wrap it up tie it up etc .
or even use potato sacks and let the plant heal her self

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are there any outfits that will test soil for pathogens? Logan Labs have anything like that mayhaps?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Kinda trying to plan for next year at this point. The stuff u reccomended was heritage H?? I want to do something during the off season that can be pro active. Also I will spray with regalia every two weeks or so and hope that helps.

Quantrill

Quantrill

http://www.internationalhempassociation.org/jiha/iha03111.html

Sclerotinia sclerotiorum
(white mold) would be my guess, the bio-fungicide for it is Coniothyrium minitans (contans wg), and trichoderma (rootshield plus).

If you disect a rotten stem area, inside in the hollow pith area will be white cottony mycellium and probably hard black sclerotia that look kinda like rat turds. From these sclerotia form apothecia which are little mushrooms that produce spores. http://www.sclerotia.org/lifecycle/

Bad news is there is not much you can do to save plants that are infected by this fungus. You need to be proactive in the offseason to try and prevent it next year, it will over winter in the media/soil.

Last edited:
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Im making some good progress..I let the plants totally dry out for a couple days and covered the infected area with Micronized sulphur dust... I also bought the regalia and am going to water with it tomorrow.. I am just going to water the infected plants because it is very expensive.. It recommends 1 ounce per gallon so I am going to add 55 ounces to a 55 gallon drum and then water the 7 or 8 infected plants and any others that look a little questionable.... I also ordered another fungicide blaze recommended online and am going to water that in as well... No other ones are getting it and they haven't gotten much worse... I will start foliar feeding with the regalia in the future..

ArealBoy

ArealBoy

I'm several years late but I wanted to share one of the solutions that worked for a plant the was bad stem rot. All around the stalk and about 2 inches in length. First I tried using Dr. Earth fungacide but it didn't seem to even phase it. I then went into survival mode and got my power drill and smallest drill bit I could find. Like a pinhole. Sanitized the bit then drilled directly through the plant stalk a just above the problem. I then took a pipette and loaded it with undiluted 3% hydrogen peroxide and with 2 drops of 99% DMSO sprayed probably about 15 ml into the hole and all around the stalk. It was fizzing up a storm so I knew something was happening. A couple days later I took my sterilized scissors and scraped the rot off the stalk until I was to the inner white part of the stalk. I then applied another round of DMSO and hydrogen peroxide. It still fizzed but It seemed less than the first time. Once dry I sprayed it with Dr earth fungacide. It appears to have a decently healthy looking stalk growing to cover the wound now. But I'm afraid I see the markings on my other plants and could be in for a long summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom