Best Way To Get Trichomes From Trim Extraction For Rosin Pressing

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I know your trying to help, I make alot of meds for all my patients and dispos. I have all my teks down solid, minus the solventless. This is my 1st go at it. But comparing some fresh chaos rosin to ANY bho I've had Over a 5 yr span, rosin trumps it in every way. Taste, cleanliness, potency, and demand. I've done hundreds of qwiso, qwet, bubble, tumble, dry ice extracts over 4 yrs. I make use of everything, only thing goes in the can are fans and stems.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Not sure what happened with autocorrect but the first sentence of my first post should have ended with the word "trimmings", maybe that makes it clearer. Trim does not perform as well for rosin pressing, especially without the best equipment. Pre-hashing it will be more effecient and productive for your time involved.

Guess I'm spoiled living in a legal state, since correct and complete third-party bho processing is readily available for 30-40% trade or larger qtys at an hourly rate (serious professionals, many trained by Skunkpharm, and many focused on the cleanest medical extracts). I agree that pressed rosin is nice as a raw concentrate and I use it daily (along with bho), but without further processing it can't possibly be cleaner medicine than filtered bho. If you're highly concerned with demand and prices, that doesn't sound very medical anyway. With all your experience, why did you pay the wax guy instead of just getting a CLS and doing it the right way yourself?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I live in a residential area, it's NOT safe to open or cls blast near ppl. Risk your own life, not others. I grow in a seperate location in detroit. Crack heads, hookers, ect on the corners. I can't blast there either. So it's either continue to pay 50% to my guy, or start pressing myself. And I do not physically see how a solventless extract can be less clean than a product blasted with butane. It's like having a rainbow at night, not possible.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Not sure what happened with autocorrect but the first sentence of my first post should have ended with the word "trimmings", maybe that makes it clearer. Trim does not perform as well for rosin pressing, especially without the best equipment. Pre-hashing it will be more effecient and productive for your time involved.

Guess I'm spoiled living in a legal state, since correct and complete third-party bho processing is readily available for 30-40% trade or larger qtys at an hourly rate (serious professionals, many trained by Skunkpharm, and many focused on the cleanest medical extracts). I agree that pressed rosin is nice as a raw concentrate and I use it daily (along with bho), but without further processing it can't possibly be cleaner medicine than filtered bho. If you're highly concerned with demand and prices, that doesn't sound very medical anyway. With all your experience, why did you pay the wax guy instead of just getting a CLS and doing it the right way yourself?

Usually trim only has 40-50% as much trichomes as buds.

When i get up in the mountains i intended to bubble Hash the trim leaves. And smaller stems to get ALL i can.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I live in a residential area, it's NOT safe to open or cls blast near ppl. Risk your own life, not others. I grow in a seperate location in detroit. Crack heads, hookers, ect on the corners. I can't blast there either. So it's either continue to pay 50% to my guy, or start pressing myself. And I do not physically see how a solventless extract can be less clean than a product blasted with butane. It's like having a rainbow at night, not possible.
It's hard to have a conversation with someone who ignores valid points while engaging fallacies and contradictions. I tried to help with your question and even encouraged your original idea. Fuck off if you can't listen to a nuanced perspective.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Kiss my ass dude. I'm far far from a newbie when it come to growing and or processing. Go go kick rocks and ship along to another thread.

Thanks kindly.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I stand corrected on my rainbow at night comment. There is what's called a moon-bow, seen it on the weather channel last night.

Mudskipper

Mudskipper

From my personal experience--you get out what you put in. Crap material produces crap rosin. Temperature of the plates makes a big diff as well.
The left over shake after you've attempted to get the trichs off gets forwarded to the bho blaster next. Those guys seem to run anything through their systems. Straight nasty imo.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Insecure crybaby douche says go kick rocks, seasoned and confirmed shitlord doesn't give a fuck. Stay out of my thread wahhhhhh :jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

From my personal experience--you get out what you put in. Crap material produces crap rosin. Temperature of the plates makes a big diff as well.
The left over shake after you've attempted to get the trichs off gets forwarded to the bho blaster next. Those guys seem to run anything through their systems. Straight nasty imo.
The shake, trim, and stems i would use tge bubble Hash method to get the trichomes then Rosin press tge trichs , QWISO or BHO.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

648g of dried sugar trim, dry ice extract yeilded 75g of nice golden keif. I bubble bagged the left overs as I didn't wanna get too much green from thendry ice. Loading my 25 micron baggies tonight, and pressing it all tomorrow. Still have 2oz of Island sweet skunk flowers to dry ice extract to do tonight.

Lighter stuff is from the hand trimmed, darker is from trim from trimmer machine.

20160714 112502
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

648g of dried sugar trim, dry ice extract yeilded 75g of nice golden keif. I bubble bagged the left overs as I didn't wanna get too much green from thendry ice. Loading my 25 micron baggies tonight, and pressing it all tomorrow. Still have 2oz of Island sweet skunk flowers to dry ice extract to do tonight.

Lighter stuff is from the hand trimmed, darker is from trim from trimmer machine.
Very nice!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Up to 82.8g now. Forgot I had 2oz of Island sweet skunk plant to run. Never seen a plant fox tail from the get go like this plant. It was fox tails, vs buds. Lol

420ms3

what ever happened to the pressing? i had terrible results with pressing dry ice kief the first time i did it and have been afraid to give it another go.. im looking into a tumbler now but maybe i just need to shake less with dry ice. if someone can confirm success with dry ice that would be nice

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

All I do is dry ice kief runs. Went thru about 200g kief already. Always superb results.
I do flower runs as well. Just pressing flowers.

Darlins net kief runs

20161028 204138

420ms3

are u getting a stable consistency with it my biggest issue was the rosin from dry ice kief seemed to be runny/wet and was hard to collect and didnt yield well.. do i need to let the kief sit/dry for a day or something before using it?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

what ever happened to the pressing? i had terrible results with pressing dry ice kief the first time i did it and have been afraid to give it another go.. im looking into a tumbler now but maybe i just need to shake less with dry ice. if someone can confirm success with dry ice that would be nice
I would go bubble Hash then press

Top Bottom