Best Way To Get Trichomes From Trim Extraction For Rosin Pressing

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Looking for the best way to get most or all the trichs from sugar trim to press? Bubble bags, dry ice extraction, sifting trays, ect? Going to be doing solventless rosin extractions with my new setup. Paying my.wax maker 50% every 9 weeks is getting old. Scoring a 20 ton h frame press and custom heated plates with controller, with either 3x5 or 4.7 plates.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Dry ice very efficient.
Stick with 3x5

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've done dry ice in the past, with great success.......until I shake the bucket too much and start to get green vs gold. That's my only worry with dry ice extracts.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Looking for the best way to get most or all the trichs from sugar trim to press? Bubble bags, dry ice extraction, sifting trays, ect? Going to be doing solventless rosin extractions with my new setup. Paying my.wax maker 50% every 9 weeks is getting old. Scoring a 20 ton h frame press and custom heated plates with controller, with either 3x5 or 4.7 plates.
I would say bubble Hash would be the best then use a razor blade to Remove the scissor hash

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I did a bubble hash run, then for shits and giggles I did a qwiso wash after the bubble hash teim was dried out just to see what was left. A decent amount was left as my jar of iso was a nice shade of gold. I did 4 washes/rinses when I did my bubble. I do know how to make bubble and have my tek down perfect.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I did a bubble hash run, then for shits and giggles I did a qwiso wash after the bubble hash teim was dried out just to see what was left. A decent amount was left as my jar of iso was a nice shade of gold. I did 4 washes/rinses when I did my bubble. I do know how to make bubble and have my tek down perfect.
I do 1 Wash lasting 90 seconds, winterized to remove clorophyll fats and lipids. Purge off the alcohol and get 17-24% return.

I use high CBD and Low THC Indicas.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I also have my qwiso and qwet tek down perfectly. Just looking for the best way to prep my material for pressing. Winterizing won't remove the chlorophyll (green), place it under a light over night and all the greens gone.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I also have my qwiso and qwet tek down perfectly. Just looking for the best way to prep my material for pressing. Winterizing won't remove the chlorophyll (green), place it under a light over night and all the greens gone.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Winterizing will get rid of the clorophyll.

Put the liquid back in tge freezer and even filter in the freezer. The fats lipids, and clorophyll will be in ice crystals too big to pass through the coffee filter.

Every time i make QWISO I use 1 Wash of 90 seconds.

After winterizing my liquid is a beautiful yellow/Honey color. No green at all.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

One problem with Rosin.

Pressing only gives you 45-60% of the medicine.

You also lose some in the 25 micron mesh or coffee filter.

I would rather go with butane, CO2,hexane, or QWISO and get ALL of my medicine.

YouTuber "Making Clouds with Mudflap,

He Pressed buds and got .9 gram via pressing.

He then took the Rosin chips he haf Pressed and made QWISO. He got another gram of concentrate fron the Rosin chips.

I LOVE the fact that Rosin is solventless bug getting 45-47% of the medicine is not good enough for me.

I had some old Dry buds. I got second degree burn from the hair straightener and never got any rosin.

I used QWISO and got 18% return on buds too old and Dry to smoke

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can't blast where I'm at, and tired of paying out 50% of my return to my wax guy. It makes more sense for me.to press it, and keep all thenyeild. And solventless is killing bho any day. The future is solventless, not something sprayed with tane.

I also plan on washing all the tea bags with etoh and extract any remaining goodies.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I can't blast where I'm at, and tired of paying out 50% of my return to my wax guy. It makes more sense for me.to press it, and keep all thenyeild. And solventless is killing bho any day. The future is solventless, not something sprayed with tane.

I also plan on washing all the tea bags with etoh and extract any remaining goodies.
If you're going to Wash the bags and Rosin chips why not use a Solvent in the first place

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Rosin is going for 70-80g, I'll flood the market at 35-45g. no one pays anything for iso or etoh washes. I do not like the taste or high from it, nor does anyone else I know. They only want bho, or solventless rosin.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I have a press for flowers and hash, but still prefer solvent extraction for pro. The people I know are using ice and dry ice methods for pre-hashing, or dry sift. As for press yields from quality material, my results are roughly close on par with BHO ratios (only stuff left in the rosin chips is low quality gunk, same as when over-extracting with solvents).

Just a thought, if you can taste a substantial difference between your raw bho and qwiso, then one wasn't processed or purged correctly. Properly winterized products taste better not worse, smoother with less contaminant and cuticle wax flavors, and less crap left to oxidize or go rancid as it ages. Also winterizing removes fine dust and dirt particles accumulated from the grow environment (not a small factor in my opinion, if quality is your goal). Of course a portion of the more volatile terpenes are lost under vacuum, and longer vacuum is required for alcohols (or higher heat, another road to off flavors).

I've noticed some commersh and many home-made winterized oils aren't purged completely, and as a result have remaining alcohol/sugars/water. Longer soaks, freezer or not, extract more water-solubles. ETOH has a strong affinity for moisture and the commonly available 90-95% takes more purging time/effort than higher grades (re/distilling your own helps if on a budget). ISO works but has a much lower margin for complete purging, and any leftover solvent you miss is highly toxic (ETOH considerably less so).

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I also repurge any and all bho I get from my wax guy for safety reasons.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I also repurge any and all bho I get from my wax guy for safety reasons.
You're paying 50% and still have to do the most time-consuming step with your own equipment? Sounds like you just need a professional extracter and not a 'wax guy'. Rosin from ice hash seems like a good option.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I always error on the side of caution. I use this med for MS and cancer patients as well as myself. Sorry, I do not trust people. Especially if I put my name to it. It better be clean
Why not go C02?

I admire your desire to provide the best product you can to your clients.

You should try properly winterized QWISO though.

Top Bottom