Best way to grow GDP trying for 1.5+ per

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Kens GDP just ass the title states. wondering what technics you guys are using to achieve 1.5+ per light. what size pots,how man per light, how long a veg how are you feeding and topping? thanks in advance

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I'm using 5-gal smart pots, and some LST on mine. I'm doing mostly Ken's OG, but I've got a Ken's GDP, and I've done GDP before. I run 6 per light. GDP loves being topped or LST'd, in my experience...

Hope this helps. Really depends on how you execute your own techniques and how dialed in you are...

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

1.5 with KGDP would be awsome. I've only ran GDP once and dumped it because of low yield. Man that strain is tasty though.

I'd like to hear some strategy on this also...

xrob415x

xrob415x

I ran nothin but gdp for about 3-4 years. I finally was able to get 2 a light with it.. There are many tips for this strain but my main recomendation for a high yield is ample veg time!! In 3 gal pots i would veg a month and top N supercrop da shit outta them. Be careful with this strain very dense and alot of leafs= easy to get budrot!!

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I ran nothin but gdp for about 3-4 years. I finally was able to get 2 a light with it.. There are many tips for this strain but my main recomendation for a high yield is ample veg time!! In 3 gal pots i would veg a month and top N supercrop da shit outta them. Be careful with this strain very dense and alot of leafs= easy to get budrot!!
i agree and just want too add one recomendation water with 50 degree water your last week it will rock the purple in gdp ;]

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

my buddy runs the KGDP and has excellent results, probably the best representation ive seen of it to date. he runs it in 3gal smart pots of coco in a recirculating res with H&G nutes. he vegs them 1 month untopped under 1k hps lighting. he has 4x8 tables and he maxes them out with as many plants that can fit. he chops at 65 days for max yeild and color. if you drop the temps in the last week to 55 youll get some great coloring.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The bad thing about dropping temps to the 50's for a week is it kills the chlorophyll which is what causes the nice colors to come out. So the plant won't develope its full terpenes the last week if you kill the chlorophyll, but you end up with great bag appeal. So thats the trade off there.

Back to the subject, I've never ran GDP, but my best yield with any strain came from a 4 week veg with topping and LST. I'm gonna start a SoG run within the next couple months to see which I like better, but I think either way will do great for yield. Good luck with the GDP.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
its coming out real good and i was able to get just over 1.5 on a 1k with it. but other times it's less. the colors are coming out great with just dropping the temps to 65. it also is getting real sticky and covered in trichs and the smell is great as well. I'm looking for whole technics to get consitantly over 1.5. i already figured on a month veg time for 3 gal pots. how big go you let them get before you top them, how many main branches do i want and how many per light?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
bossman was doing like 3-4 units per plant in the MPB...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks Cap, i kinda figured it was vert, but I just wanted to make sure.

C

callmemoksha

What up Twist....is there a link you can point me to, or can you rattle off some random tips for the GDP? I just got the seeds and anything you can throw out there can help...is it a heavy eater? Normal soil Ph? Stuff like that....thanks in advance, I am looking forward to the results.

xrob415x

xrob415x

not too heavy of an eater. Make sure to keep giving it the grow base during the stretch. I know a bunch of people who would try to switch straight to the bloom base and she would start yellowing around week 4( from my experience she is much more sensitive to this than other strains.) For sure normal soil ph. In high C02 rooms she can finish in 56 days but if you take her to 63 days and give her like a 15+ degree day to nigh temp variance she will darken up to the point of bein black at 63(only the buds getting light, any lower budsites that are havin their light blocked will ever turn colored). At day 63 it is way more potent couch lock high. This plant also has alot of leaves so thin them out and have good circulation or be prepared to battle budrot even at around 55% humidity.

Top Bottom