Best way to kill mites for good?

• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Ya...The Pizza

Has anybody used Attain insecticide before? I've heard its like dr. doom but stronger.

S

Skywalkin420

i brew a cinnamon neem oil, clove and garlic tea and spray them on the plants, bugs are not present as of the last three applications, i feel like the thing about pest control if you do have them you haveto really get them while you can see them, drown them with whatever you are spraying. i will be doing one final run of azamax in about a week or so, hasnt burned the plants once might i add! boil a good amount of water till it bubbles, take off heat add all the spices and herbs and your set, i use around a gram to a gram and a half of each spice and havent gotten any leaf burn, works great with everything as well and it makes the growing space have the distinct smell of spices which is really nice if you have an organic garden

F

farmerjohn

Do the spices do anything besides smell up the room? The neem oil is what is gonna rid you of the pests, isn't it?

S

socalsinner

Wondering what are the "BEST" methods people use for dealing with the evil little bastards? Something that kills them good and keeps them gone..Thanks

I have used Lucid when I used to buy clones.. Its like Avid. There are some awesome miticides on this web page. I have bought products from them before.I would use Floramite or Avid or Lucid if in Veg and then 30 days later I would hit my plants with azatrol or Take Down

http://www.rosemania.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page9.html

S

socalsinner

Mites

Has anybody used Attain insecticide before? I've heard its like dr. doom but stronger.

Attain have not used but heard its weak... Dr Doom... I will tell a little story: I visited a friend up in Big Bear once who had a Mite issue .. He placed a Doom Can in the 200 sqft room and opened up the fogger and left the room . In the morning we heard a funny noise coming from the flower room.. looked inside and ... The fucking mites were dancing the cha cha up and down the light fixtures..... DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

S

saltr

Dr Doom... The fucking mites were dancing the cha cha up and down the light fixtures..... DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Hahaha! I've had the same experience too, but I heard some hella loud slurping cause the borg was just drinking that shit down. Dr. Doom is a diluted Pyrethrum TR.

I use a Floramite, Azamax, Forbid rotation for the kill. :character0110:

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Logic nailed it on the first page...look no further...but get your $$$$ out...$300 for 32oz
FLORAMITE SC/

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
The better ? is where did they come from??????????? How did you bring them into your grow room ?????????

D

DazedNconfussed

I am on day 3 with 8 no pest strips, and have the strips set on my scrog screen between plants....zero improvement so far.....i am a few weeks into flower....any suggestions on whats best to use early in flower and costs under $100....and available in Cali....

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dude you just need to get in there yourself and clean them up as best you can.

how far into flower are you? I dont like spraying any shit on buds myself. get a sponge and a small bucket of soapy water and start eradicating them bastards yourself or they will take over. wipe down the leaves and smash any mites and eggs you see...

like others have said your not prolly gonna get them all with just one type of spray (maybe with the exception of floramite)

I would clean them up as best you can like i mentioned and then start with some azatrol which is a neem product without the nasty funk ass smell

just go down to your local grow shop and see what they have for starters

dont let them take over bro!

D

DazedNconfussed

dude you just need to get in there yourself and clean them up as best you can.

how far into flower are you? I dont like spraying any shit on buds myself. get a sponge and a small bucket of soapy water and start eradicating them bastards yourself or they will take over. wipe down the leaves and smash any mites and eggs you see...

like others have said your not prolly gonna get them all with just one type of spray (maybe with the exception of floramite)

I would clean them up as best you can like i mentioned and then start with some azatrol which is a neem product without the nasty funk ass smell

just go down to your local grow shop and see what they have for starters

dont let them take over bro!

Thanks bro....Ill do just that...this spider mite bullshit is a new one for me. So whipe all effected leaves with soapy water, keep the no pest strips and use azatrol....Sound like an OK plan?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Thanks bro....Ill do just that...this spider mite bullshit is a new one for me. So whipe all effected leaves with soapy water, keep the no pest strips and use azatrol....Sound like an OK plan?

thats just for starters bro, your gonna need to be very diligent!

I noticed after I posted you said there was a $70 bottle of floramite (4 ounces) Im pretty sure that would go a long way! I have never used it myself, but if you are gonna spray them with something better do it early in flower then later. The azatrol is a systemic deal that makes them not want to feed and as others have said you cant always kill the borg with one product.

I would still get in there and do the hand cleanup bro, its tedious, but really is beneficial!

I wish you luck bro!

budboy299

budboy299

The floramite bottle I have says 1/4 - 1/2 tsp per gallon, so it does go along way.
It also mentions that the water must not have chlorine in it or be hot/warm.
also the water should be ph'd to between 5 - 6 ph before mixing.

The reason for all this is because floramite will degrade.
also only mix enough for the amount needed for that spraying.

G

greenthumb

Look for anything with a high percentage of SPINOSAD its a natural poison made from plants!.
I used it for mites and thrips and after 3-4 sprayings they were all gone!.
Its easy to find just look on ebay for spinosad. plus its pretty cheap too.

nuttso

nuttso

1. Vertimec

VERTIMEC-G.jpg
2.Abamectin

Abamectin_95_TC_1_8_EC_3_6_EC_5_EC.jpg

VERT, ABA and Co2 gas. KILLS EVERYTHING.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I had a huge problem with spider mites. Tried neem, and Dok Doom. Didn't do much. This time I tried Avid... 4 applications over 3 weeks, and 1 of Floramite SC. 4 weeks later, and still no signs of a reinfestation. Amazon has 1oz bottles for under 20 bucks. Will make about 20 gallons give or take.. Fantastic stuff..The Floramite seems to work better, but as long as you reapply Avid every 3-7 days 3-4 times you should be fine(at least it worked great for me). Hope you kill those bastards...Just make sure to be diligent about reapplying. The males mutate fast which causes them to get an immunity to any miticide...Last thing we want is extra super spider mites.

B

budbrothers

NO PEST STRIPS NO PEST STRIPS NO PEST STRIPS!!!!!

Nothing else needed at all. You can best it at walmart, home depot,aace, etc... Less than 48 hours all gone.

sorry to say i had them in my grow room for a long time and the no pest strips didnt work. i just put all my plants outside. where i live there are plenty of other elements that took care of them for me. that and neem oil.

they are violent little bastards thow. watch out get on them asap. they move fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom