• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter
floramite on EBAY.....

NO PEST STRIPS DONT WORK IF U LIVE IN OREGON/CALI..I had them FUKIN strips everyhere and didnt do SHIT!!!.we got superbugs in the "PNW" and "THE TRIANGLE" that are resistant to everything....we had to rotate an AVID-FLORAMITE program to kill them....NOTE: DO NOTE USE IN FLOWER..FLORAMITE SC has residual knockdown for like 24-27 days so use accordingly...FLORAMITE is $$$ and so is AVID, but price has come down some.... but a 32 oz bottle is still like $280....but u aint gonna need 32 oz of this stuff, u can get floamite on EBAY somplace( like 1oz bottles for $30 or somthin) and it says use like a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon for floramite SC, so even an OZ or 2 of floramite will go a long ways....and we got an 8oz bottle of AVID ( http://www.rosemania.com/ ) for $108 and still got some left and have let multiple people use it to rid thier rooms. we also got "STIRRUP M"(a Behavior Modifying Biochemical sex attractant pheromone) AND "INDICATE 5"(spreader/sticker) to mix with the "AVID".... rotated those with FLORAMITE and it kicked the shit out of the tuffest mites we had EVER seen....

..best advice i can give..WE DID THIS AS A LAST RESORT, def not happy organic home mix stuff, but when home remedies, soaps, neem, pyryth bombs, no pest strips, ect ect ect dont work and yer jus pissin $$$ down the drain, and STILL HAVE MITES..u gotta go to "THE LAST RESORT"....we been mite free for 2 years.....GOOD LUCK.....Qwon....

B

budbrothers

Holaz fellow farmers! First off I want to say there are different kinds of mites. Some mites have more immunity than others and there are even inter-species differences in they're resistances. Which further complicates the issues of dealing with them. What might work on one mite might not work on another :surprised..... and to even complicate maters worse if you piss them off and don't kill them they will hibernate. I have a friend that couldn't get rid of his mites till he tore out his old wood floor and replace it with linoleum. How long were they hiding down there 6 months, a year?

Avid, floramite, judo, etc. are pretty toxic chemicals. IMHO, toxic chemicals are like fast-food. Only good as a last resort. If you can spray every other or every third day you should be O.K. with this organic recipe even with your arnold schwarzenegger mites.

The bombs are gone,,, temporarily... Pulled for reformulation. The Pyrethrum-TR was to strong, I don't know why the the rest including the doktor doom and the other Prescription Treatment products like Attain-TR were pulled. I guess they couldn't sell them in a bunch of states most being medi; can't mess with the medi states :wink:

I'm going to give you my mite destruction recipe, I'm not sure everyone will luv or be able to get all the products but hey, another option never hurt, huh?

Here is my organic IPM rotation:

day 1: Neem (Trilogy Neem Oil) upto 2 Tbs. Gal

day 3: Pyrethrum (Pyganic) upto 1 Tbs. Gal

day 5: Monterey Garden Insect Spray (Spinosad) upto 4 Tbs. Gal

day 7: Troy BioSciences Naturalis-L (Beauveria Bassiana) upto 2 Tsp. Gal

back to day one.

You can mix a wetting agent with any of these (my favorite is ThermX 70 an all natural yucca extract) I really like mixing neem and thermX. In fact neem can be mixed with the Pyganic or Nutralis-L with devastating effects. :fighting0003:

When you were spraying, you had to of missed a spot? Welp that's when Stirrup-M comes in (another Troy BioScience product) it's a mite pheromone. This will bring the little borgs to your spray and kill them.:punch

Also get a good sprayer. Sure the little homedepot sprayer is just fine for the little girls in the veg room. But were talking about trees here and your going to want to hit every part of the plant that is huge. A great inexpensive sprayer to start with is a sump pump 5 gallon bucket and .5 gal per minute fogg-it nozzle (the green one) less than $100. For less then $300 you can get a great atomizer from NGW. on the high-end Dramm has a backpack sprayer for a little less than $500 and Hey this might seem like a lot but were talking about the borg here and some of the sprays might cost you over a hundred. Wouldn't want to wast any.

Spinosad is great stuff. Anything that's from an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean Island is the shit in my book.

due your the shit. thats the most mite information i have heard ever. thank you. that clears up alot of questions i personally had.

one question i don have can you use any of these during flowering or is this a veg remedy only? if you can use it into flowering then how long into?

thanks again

J

jimmygreen

Thanks for all the great advice. Curious to know what time of day do you guys spray? right before lights turn off? after lights turn off? when lights turn on? or it doesnt matter?
thanks again

B

budbrothers

Oh it matters. Lights off or right before no more than 20ish of light. I spray with lights on but I pull them out from under the light. I'm actually doing it now. Not for mites thow. Lol. Um before lights is ok. But make sure the lights don't come on till the plants have absorbed the liquids

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Which pyrethrum product has that on the label or where do you hear that? Does it contain piperonyl butoxide?:drink I have used Pyganic an organic pyrethrum spray and even mix it with neem oil and not had any issues with burning leaves. Not doubting you bro, just curious. :character0050:

Good question!! I have not seen any labels state that. Thanks for asking the question, because my intention is to help growers prevent from frying there plants (like i did) Appreciate that.

fox farm, Dont bug me has piperonyl butoxide.

Are you saying that ingredient is the problem not pyrethium!! If so you rule! I have never been into spraying oils. This fry incident has not helped.

The docdorights oil uses rosemary oil along with other oils
http://drdorights.com/

Good timing on posting. Yesterday I Just saw safer 3 in 1 spray that has pyrethium and neem!

That made me doubt that my burning was caused by pyrethium. (gong off what one grower and hydro store employee told me)

Here is the deal. Got some cuts, they got mites. Dipped em in floramite when I got em.

About a week later mites show back up. Spray with some doc do rite (combo oil). All is fine.

Then I use some "dont bug me" (pyrethium spray). follow up with some more doc dorite spray about 3 days later.

Then I notice the leaves star curling up and burning.

Then the leaves start to fry. Well that sucks. Positive note, fried alot of leaves with eggs.

Trying to chase down why the leaves got fried. Hydro store states never seen doc dorite fry leaves.

Sprayed em with water took off the fried leaves, followed up with 2 doses of sns-217 at 7 day intervals. Mites are gone.

I was told usually is combination of sprays that cause the problem.

Then determined it was the combination pyrethium and oils.

I though the doc do rite oil did it. hydro store says they have not seen any plants fried with doc do rite oil.

Was sharing with another grower, he stated same thing do not use pyrethium with oils. (within a week)

Was new learning experience for me. Never read that or heard it before. I do know to not combine oils with sulphur burners.

Luckily (or unfortunate in this case) I do not have alot of pest experience.

This is the first time I ever tried anything other that avid or floramite.
(Usually one dose of floramite does it)

Hope that helps explain things.

Globel

Globel

I can pyrethrum-tr and attain-tr at my local hydro. He hides it because he is. Not sopose to sell it to people without a lisence. Try asking your local hydro shop if they got the tr bombs. I use 3 over 9 days attain and pyrethrum

T

Trichomie

Floromite Sc, only in veg or early flower, Never have a mite again. Win the war in the mother room. Can be coupled with a light mix of eagle 20 to kill both mites and powdery mildew for good

nuttso

nuttso

like i stated earlier kill them with co2 concentrations. GAS! GAS! GAS!

D

dorkvan420

Dont do it just like me .............once they are dicovered and realize you have been real lazy and at a point of no return....eat your shorts, your wallet, and watch your harvest go right into the garbage.....so just rip them all out(yes all the plants) , tear down the grow room, cean every piece of equipment 3 times, and then just rebuild a new grow op and start all over with fresh clean clones.......seems to be the plan I have in mind currently and will probably cost just as much as the chems I cant use on them anyways!!!!!
I can only blame myself for fucking these up and not controlling the problem...now I am paying dearly!!!!!

D

Dinosaur

Plant Vitality

Get some plant vitality kills the bastards and the eggs, best 325 I'VE EVER SPENT.

B

budbrothers

that shit happens dude. just bleach the shit out of the room. it sounds like it was really bad in your case. sorry to hear that. blast them with neem and zero tolerance as a preventative in the future. i hit my bitches like 3-4 times a month with it and up till bud sites form.

D

dorkvan420

Yeah its alright...i mean it was my fault in the 1st place....you win some you loose some...I am actually going to be cleaning all the equipment after it is all pulled out & apart...then reclean the room, seal it up real tight, clean it again...and then all back to gether with new fresh clones of new strains and old!!!And then preventative measures up to bloom should keep me safe until my new building is completed!!!
And to stay on topic...I use an alternate attack against bugs when Im not being lazy just to be safe, and in moderation from clones to 1st week bloom.

F

Frankie Pebbles

Use azamax only when really badly infested. Neem oil w/ Dr Bronners Magic Soap (peppermint) is a great preventative. They hate the soaps flavor and smell.. its kinda like taking a shit in your fridge. Good luck.

Per Gallon: Neem (2 tbl) / Dr Bronner's (1 tbl)

T

The Pheno

Azamax plus doctor doom fogger multiple times at least 3-4 times. I also recommend using neemoil when your plants are small to deter mites. The most important step once you get them is control if you do not control their ass they will breed like wildfire in the right envirnoment.

B

budbrothers

its kinda like taking a shit in your fridge. Good luck.

WHAT???? lol i fell out of my chair when i read that.

i think the strips work just fine takes 2-3 days and there gone

your fuckin lucky dude i had 4 in a 12x12 room it didn't do shit. i had to go to town on these bitches. lucky they where in veg. i just put every thing outside and let nature take care of them. now i have like 5 lbs coming out of a group of plants i thought was gonna be toast.

Billygoat

Billygoat

If you really want to get rid of mites. You need to use one of these. Forbid or Floramite. I've used them both and they both work really well, but if your in cali. They can still live after spraying with floramite. They have in some area's gotten use to it. We have that crazy spotted mite that is a pain in the ass.

I've received clones infected and used the Forbid last time. This stuff really works. It kills the adults and eggs. There's a guy on ebay call drbudsman. I've had a friend order for me a couple of times and his prices are cheap. He breaks the large bottles down to smaller ones and gives you the directions. Very quick shipping also.

If you tired of using all that other crap and still having problems. The stuff above is what you want. Read the directions and spray everything. It really works and has wiped out every problem I've ever had with infected clones.
Good luck,
BG

Top Bottom