Best way to turn keif into wax/shatter?

• Thread starter biker22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Thank's so much for replying back.

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Would eth still preserve more terps over butane? Also is freezing not necessary for kief, as there should be no lipids and the lipids that are present would be needed to keep the concentrate from turning to oil?

Both ethanol and butane extract loads of monoterpenes, but it is easier to hold on to them when purging butane, because of its lower boiling point.

BluJay

BluJay

Ah getting the idea now.

It seems like the extract preference for Kief is same as flowers.

A

Aussiefarmer

The best way is to use an iron of hair straightener and some baking/tracing paper...put it in golf it over and press down with the hot iron..chemical free dabs

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thank's so much for replying back.

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Would eth still preserve more terps over butane? Also is freezing not necessary for kief, as there should be no lipids and the lipids that are present would be needed to keep the concentrate from turning to oil?

Preservation of terps is more purging techniques, but it is typically easier to purge butane than ethanol, because if its lower boiling point.

No need to freeze using kif. The water and chlorophyll are already taken out of the equation, and ethanol doesn't extract much in the way of plant waxes and lipids, because of its polarity.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

The best way is to use an iron of hair straightener and some baking/tracing paper...put it in golf it over and press down with the hot iron..chemical free dabs
After trying every way available to me. Rosin is truly the best method. This was made from grinder keif.

N

numbnutts

Old threat but happens to be thanksgiving in a couple days, so happy turkey day everyone

Top Bottom