Beware Of Dr Greenthumb!!!!

• Thread starter Skunkguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skunkguy

Gday everyone,

Had a really bad experience with Dr Greenthumb seedbank and thought the community should know!
I am in a country which still hunts down and prosecutes smokers,growers etc so being careful is a must!
I placed an order (with Cash) and posted it to Dr Grenthumb in Canada as I had heard good things.

My wife has severe breast cancer so we are in dire need of good quality genetics, and so that is why we ordered through them, well we have waited and waited, and finally contacted them to ask what, where, why etc, about our order, and were told, "we never received it" .. Ok fair enough, So I waited another 2 weeks, emailed them asking what the situation was and if there was any news, and was told "we don't have your order, don't email again and f off!!!"
Now I don't know about you guys, but to me that is way too far!
Fair enough you are having a bad day etc, but don't tell a customer to F off! We are the reason they are in business, without customers, business don't succeed, so it is a fine balance, but this was ridiculous!

So I have wasted half a season waiting for nothing (to be told to f off) !

I'm out 500$ and will NEVER order through them again, and I will warn others to be very wary of them!

H

happy b

Iv heard LOADS of horror stories abour dr gt.$200 for 2 seeds?then to top that off(as if that wasnt bad enough)iv heard people claim that you only get ONE of the seeds you order,the rest being inferior seed stock to make up your numbers.just want to be clear though,iv never used dr gt so it is just a rumor.but someone who tells a potential customer to "fuck off" is juzt unacceptable.for the $$$ you sent dr gt you couldv got THREE FULL PACKS of devine genetics from here,and i would GAURANTEE logic wouldnt tell you to fuck off regardless of the situation.you live and learn i suppose.expensive lesson though.also sorry to hear about your mrs
and i hope she pulls through it with your help and support.all the best skunkguy and welcome to the farm.

M

motz

Thumbs has been Crap since the late 90's.
Always try to steer people away from that P.O.S. and also an arrogant M.Fer
Overpriced, just because it costs a lot Does Not mean it is good.
I feel for you and he's only selling fems now.
I really hate to say this to you but should have been more diligent in your homework.
I wish good karma for you and the Mrs. My mom has been cancer free now for 5 years.
Look to the sun, the clouds will break

soserthc1

soserthc1

If you never ordered before from green thumb why would you offer up 5 bills , I'm gonna have to agree with @motz you should of did better homework but you learned a 5 bill lesson I suppose.
Wish your wife the best ...my day job is working in the worlds most successful clinical trial for cancer and HIV with over a 90% success rate are patients are only at this time the ones that are out of other options if anyone ever needed feel free to pm me ...
It's also in a top 10 hospital in the country

K

kolah

Many peeps send cash and get good results. I won't send cash via mail. Ever.

International Money orders can be bought at many places...and some seedbanks now take Bitcoins as well. I'd never use a plastic card either. And I'd never have seeds delivered directly to an address where you plan to grow.

I do believe you could have gotten a USPS tracker number to insure that it was received..or not. OTOH, I guess they could say they received your mail but there was no money inside.

Last edited:
H

happy b

I would never trust anyone who charges $100 per seed.for that price i would expect it to germinate & veg itself plus clone,flower & harvest itself aswell!and i would STILL expect it to be the best bud i,v ever encountered.i mean thats $1000 for a ten pack.what is that all about?if a company like say "cannetics" for example can produce and pack feminised strains of the white x nepal or deadhead x nepal and sell them for £20 for 10(thats what they were listed on cannazon)how can ANYONE justify charging $100 for 1?i dont know about you guys but the most iv ever paid for seeds is like £100 or so for 10 fems.i would pay the money for devine gsc s1 but only because iv saw plenty of grow diaries and pics amd i know (from people who have grown them)they are as good an approximation of the original cut as its possible to get and are by all accounts top shelf fire.can the same be said of dr greenthumb?not from the things iv read.well if anyone was going to buy som dr gt and has thought better of it after reading this thread(like will76)then skunkguy has atleast managed to get a little revenge.thats the best way to hurt a con man...fuck with his con,and therfor his cash.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Gday everyone,

Had a really bad experience with Dr Greenthumb seedbank and thought the community should know!
I am in a country which still hunts down and prosecutes smokers,growers etc so being careful is a must!
I placed an order (with Cash) and posted it to Dr Grenthumb in Canada as I had heard good things.

My wife has severe breast cancer so we are in dire need of good quality genetics, and so that is why we ordered through them, well we have waited and waited, and finally contacted them to ask what, where, why etc, about our order, and were told, "we never received it" .. Ok fair enough, So I waited another 2 weeks, emailed them asking what the situation was and if there was any news, and was told "we don't have your order, don't email again and f off!!!"
Now I don't know about you guys, but to me that is way too far!
Fair enough you are having a bad day etc, but don't tell a customer to F off! We are the reason they are in business, without customers, business don't succeed, so it is a fine balance, but this was ridiculous!

So I have wasted half a season waiting for nothing (to be told to f off) !

I'm out 500$ and will NEVER order through them again, and I will warn others to be very wary of them!
Well at least your at the farm now. You shouldn't have any problems getting seeds here on THCbay. Some of the best breeders in the world IMO.

S

Skunkguy

Thanks for the advice and thoughts guys.

I know, I really did stuff up, I have ruined the season for my wife, I used nearly all of my tax return to get the non existant seeds, and the only reason I did order through Dr Greenthumb was I was duped by good marketing and a mate who spoke well of there stuff.
I don't think companies such as Dr GT realise the impact of there actions.
Yes I was foolish to send cash unregistered, but I believe he received it.
The season has been nearly lost due to waiting for nothing, the medicine I was hoping to have for my wife seems to be slipping out of my grasp, and to be honest the bushy weed we can get here is so poor it has no real benefit I think, more psychological.
So I still haven't had the guts to break it to my wife, she has a lot of other stresses to deal with lately so I thought my best bet would be to order from here and just hope for the best.
There has been a couple of strains ive read about on here, I feel would really help her, Being in Aus we don't get any of these varieties especially clone only ones, so varieties such as bruce banner , face off og, etc that have a high potency we just don't see really interest me
Hence why I was ordering some varieties from Dr Greenthumb in the first place!

Anyways if this helps one other person from having to go through what I have then I will be glad to have helped.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I hate the punk ass fools in the cannabis buisness. I don't get it, if I screwed my customers that way I would be shot by now. Bad Karma for Dr. Greenthumb.

If you weren't in Aus, I would hook you up in a second. Sorry for your loss, hope your wife starts feeling better.

S

Skunkguy

Thankyou so much for your words Bulldog11 (fantastic photo of your dog by the way!) WE have had a bad run, but hopefully things pick up soon.

Unfortunatel that seems to my biggest hurdle, being in Aus, I believe that's probably why he took my money also, im just so far away to be able to do anything, and the other side of that is being able to aquire good honest genetics for very sick people.

Cheers mate

Dunge

Dunge

If not registered, there is no accountability or tracking.
EVERYBODY who comes in contact with your letter knows there is money inside.
The temptation is too great.
I too have lost a slug of cash this way.
And it was to thcbay.
I told myself I was self insuring by saving the $40 postal fee.
This decision cost me $300.
Live and learn.

S

smoothbud

Sorry to hear about the bad deal you got.I had read some bad reviews from people sending cash(with more than one seed company).I ordered over the phone with debit card. received 6 seeds instead of 5. Fast shipping.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

It's the seed bank you guys are using. I have sent in over 5g's in cash to the seed bank I use in the last two years alone. Never had a shipment go missing. I used to shop at ICmag's seed banks, and every other order wouldn't come. Even with tracking. Some people just suck at their jobs.

H

happy b

It's the seed bank you guys are using. I have sent in over 5g's in cash to the seed bank I use in the last two years alone. Never had a shipment go missing. I used to shop at ICmag's seed banks, and every other order wouldn't come. Even with tracking. Some people just suck at their jobs.
Me either.however i live in the uk but iv ordered seeds direct from holland and spain without any problems

S

SYROUS

I like dr.greenthumb alot i get express ship get it in two days, everything germinates and plants are stable as hell , the iranian crosses are great as the original iranian , everything ive grown has a great stink and is super potent , i put pics in indoor forums of the iranian diesel im running right now

Top Bottom