Bho honey oil or sap or syrup

• Thread starter Ianpemb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Well it depends... If i use my extraction tube i usually do a half oz, and i get about 3-4g back. If i have less than my tube can do and just want to do a quicky little gram extract i open air spray thru a cloth into a jar, about 1/2" then drop like 2-3g of grinder kief in for about 15-20min, swish it around once in while...
For filter i use 2x stainless steel 50nm screens.
Can I ask what brand/type of butane you use.i am only yielding about 10%. I have heard that different brands of butane can
Can make a difference to yields

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Can I ask what brand/type of butane you use.i am only yielding about 10%. I have heard that different brands of butane can
Can make a difference to yields
Local smokeshop by me sells Special Blue 540ml thats 9x 💁

20200112 190814
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Butane does not determine yield, genetics is the big factor.

I personally use puretane its 11x refined with no added lubricating oils or metcaptin the rotten egg smell they add so you can easily detect a leak.

It about 10$ per can

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Butane does not determine yield, genetics is the big factor.

I personally use puretane its 11x refined with no added lubricating oils or metcaptin the rotten egg smell they add so you can easily detect a leak.

It about 10$ per can
I have read that there are some that believe certain butane is better for yield...that is why I was asking. The two strains that I have been using is gorilla glue 4 and granddaddy purple

Madbud

Madbud

I use Neon 11x but have used Vector too. The main thing is not to see any residue when the butane is sprayed on a mirror. Less refined fuel and lubricant additives will leave residue.

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

I use Neon 11x but have used Vector too. The main thing is not to see any residue when the butane is sprayed on a mirror. Less refined fuel and lubricant additives will leave residue.
I have been distil my butane before running any product. I am basically just doing a dry run. I am using Colibri 1925. They claim 99.4% pure but I still find “ mystery oil” after distilling.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
The puretane is specifically made for the concentrate industry from what i understand.

Regardless butane is fairly safe in the quantities that would be left behind. But butane Is a naturally dirty gas.

If possible I've heard hextane is very clean so would propane be very clean.

I also know ppl who use and swear by methyl hydrate. I'd never smoke that the tinyist amount will turn your lungs to liquid.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
At 10% weight your getting the upper concentrate back. Average I usually get I s 8-12% average and depending on how resinous the starting material is

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

At 10% weight your getting the upper concentrate back. Average I usually get I s 8-12% average and depending on how resinous the starting material is
Ok so my yields are normal? That's good to know...I read some guys claiming 20%

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That's bs I just did some iso 3 days ago, I didn't weigh all my fresh trim mind ya. Bet I only got 10% if I'm lucky. Very tasty stuff too

Madbud

Madbud

Ok so my yields are normal? That's good to know...I read some guys claiming 20%
20% would be all the thc in some good bud, i probably get that in two blasts. Gram and a half, then another gram from a half z.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I've got everything together for àquick 7g blast of my alcopolco gold. 9

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I only blast once then the blasted buds goes in an iso soak. I do that way because I figure you dknt wanna mix your 1st and 2nd blast or do you? So I blast once iso wash 2nd get some too shelf shatter and some 2nd grade slick for some moon rocks or just slicking papers

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I dont bother with 2nd blasts. I do one, then save the crap for medicating some butter for edibles usually..

Madbud

Madbud

Depends what you’ve got. Trim is good for one run but buds always have a little more if you break them up again, smaller. I tried real fine material and got more chlorophyl.

Top Bottom