Bho: Plane Trim Or Keif Then Blast?

• Thread starter AkHazyGamer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AkHazyGamer

AkHazyGamer

hi there farmers, I'm new to the forum and this is my first question. I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find my way to it.

There is currently 7.5 oz bone dry trim to be processed, should this be blasted straight or keifed and blasted 50/50 or so. hoping to save on butain due to not having a closed loop as well as creating a better product. What are your thoughts and how much less will be produced. thank u all and love the forum!

Graywolf

Graywolf

Bone dry will typically produce a dark concentrate, with low aromatics.

We typically yield only around 50% dry sieving, before it starts to take on green color from plant contamination. Bone dry material is more prone to fragmentation and powdering, so that may happen sooner.

We typically yield 60 to 70% concentrate from bubble or dry sieve.

You can use the BHO thermos method to minimize butane usage, and extract the plant material directly.

You could also re-hydrate some and freeze the material before extracting, to reduce anthro cyanin color pigment extraction.

Big V

Big V

Personally I make dry ice kief and then blast it. I get a way better yield with a lot less butane. But if you are using a tube it will plug up when you shoot the butane so I blow the butane into a mason jar and then pour it in with the keif that I have in another jar. Let it soak for a few minutes and pour it off through a coffee filter.

R

rascali

the real problem with reducing material to Kief before extraction is that you miss all the tiny trichomes and their contents. (and that's the good stuff in good stuff)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

X2
Gonna leave behind a lot of usable goodness behind by 1st kief extracting then blasting. Reason why I quit doing solventless rosin extracts.

Top Bottom