Votes: 14 8.6%
  • hot water purge then vacuum purge

Votes: 66 40.7%
  • other

Votes: 28 17.3%

• Total voters
H

Hashhead710

I don't use any heat at all, so I can preserve the terps because I'm all about flavor. So I like to blast, then do the pour off onto some parchment put it in the vac chamber at full vac and once the bubbles are mellow then I flip the slab and repeat.

O

Options

I disagree that "any bubbles you see in your oil is butane". Although it takes experience to know which ones are butane bubbles...
Not to mention with the opacity of that concentrate, at first when he purged and finished he probably got lots of little craters from where the butane formed bubbles and popped out of the concentrate...i bet...then when he scraped it together not all the craters get filled in by wax and on something you can see through, the craters could appear to be bubbles... Man that looks appetizing.

K

knucklehead bob

I seem to be the only one that blasts right into a bowl of hot water ? Then skim my product onto parchment to wring out the water as best as you can on and inclined plane and rolling pin , parchment folded over , of course . Then onto a 100 degree hot plate for a little whipping . Next into the freezer to fold it all into a nice flat square and vac @ 120-140 degrees anywhere from 3- 6 hours or more .

EDIT: I am looking at a terpinator re-cycler .

Last edited:
J

Jjwagner

I don't even blast over hot water because the butane catches the vapors in the air during the extraction. In my experience fail tech…. i also freeze all my material packed already in a tube seal a mealed twice in vacuum seal bags with the butane. This is to get a cleaner extraction and more use from the butane.All comes out liquid and I also use a coffee filter then a micron screen then two more coffee filters. That is to keep waxes out and to keep from a blowout happening. i would never go over 115 max honestly over 110…. It just doesn't work for me as meds after that temperature range…. Freezing my material like this i make zero bubble shatter every time.

K

knucklehead bob

because the butane catches the vapors in the air during the extraction. In my experience fail tech…. i also freeze all my material packed already in a tube seal a mealed twice in vacuum seal bags with the butane. This is to get a cleaner extraction and more use from the butane.All comes out liquid and I also use a coffee filter then a micron screen then two more coffee filters. That is to keep waxes out and to keep from a blowout happening.

I don't understand what you mean here ? ? ? The butane evaporates very quickly when it hits the water , almost instantly . Of course , the material is packed and frozen with the butane . Also triple coffee filtered and screened .

J

Jjwagner

I don't understand what you mean here ? ? ? The butane evaporates very quickly when it hits the water , almost instantly . Of course , the material is packed and frozen with the butane . Also triple coffee filtered and screened .
I was not talking about your tech exactly. I was just saying i don't even blast over boiling hot water into my dish without hot water in it. I keep water as far away as possible while running my material. i can't vacuum my meds that high of a temp or it does not make my migraines go away and that is what i use it for. But I would not blast into water just because any water or wax will make it butter or nucleate . But I have never done a purge that high of a temperature. I also have not gone over 110 since i noticed it helped my quality of life….. But it is all what works for you. my point is frozen butane extracts more because it stays supercritical longer and more of it. Also it purges faster without the water or waxes present that is why i freeze my tube already packed seal a mealed twice in vacuum sealed bags. This is just my way i can get zero bubble super tasty shatter at below 110 every time. zero cloudiness or bubbles left after 18 to 72 hours . I have not ever done your tech so i can't speak for how well it works. I also have a lab pump and a vacuum oven and that helps having those two pieces of equipment…. having that equipment makes where you can purge it without watching anything once you get your tech down….

K

knucklehead bob

I achieve the same results < 18 hrs. I've been experimenting for two years or so . I also freeze my pre packed tubes where I store my butane , at least 8 hrs. Water is a non issue even though I blast right into it . Some people prefer wax to shatter to oil consistency which seems to be temp/time related .

J

Jjwagner

I achieve the same results < 18 hrs. I've been experimenting for two years or so . I also freeze my pre packed tubes where I store my butane , at least 8 hrs. Water is a non issue even though I blast right into it . Some people prefer wax to shatter to oil consistency which seems to be temp/time related .
I just know that wax loses flavor. My flavor profile and way it works for medicine is why i do it this way. It takes quite a bit of time to get all the butane out and do it right with my tech but once i made good shatter and 2 months after i blasted it i can't decide if it taste stronger or less strong. That is what got me to the journey of making perfect shatter. It was a journey but now i can't butter/wax anything even if i tried if i prepared my extraction right. only thing that makes it butter /wax is waxes pulled in your extraction or water left in the product… I could make it tacky but not butter/wax…… Some of the best oil i have had was some fresh wax/butter…. but it just doesn't have shelf life….

K

knucklehead bob

I just know that wax loses flavor. My flavor profile and way it works for medicine is why i do it this way. It takes quite a bit of time to get all the butane out and do it right with my tech but once i made good shatter and 2 months after i blasted it i can't decide if it taste stronger or less strong. That is what got me to the journey of making perfect shatter. It was a journey but now i can't butter/wax anything even if i tried if i prepared my extraction right. only thing that makes it butter /wax is waxes pulled in your extraction or water left in the product… I could make it tacky but not butter/wax…… Some of the best oil i have had was some fresh wax/butter…. but it just doesn't have shelf life….
I have read that a room temp over time , 30-90 days , is the best way to de-carb for medicinal purpose .

B

billbodabbin

i do a run in about an hour, with no vac. i get all the tane out.
Do you have a forum for this method? I have done a lot of research and you seem like the one to listen to! I have 14g of bud and wouldn't mind a small run purged in an hour like you say. I want terpenes big time. I like flavor lol and here in ny I can't find good flavor and I'm determined to change ge that
i do a run in about an hour, with no vac. i get all the tane out.

B

billbodabbin

My first ever run. Used high grade herb 10.5g to start, ran using 4 coffee filters and 1 can of puretane onto Pyrex double boiler on a hotplate. Let tane evaporate about 30 min. Transfered over to a low heat source between 110 and 120 tops. Purged for roughly an hour closely watching temp. End result. .5g of strong tasty eerl :) no vac used but I wish I had one and more tane to shoot. Feel like a yield.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
My first ever run. Used high grade herb 10.5g to start, ran using 4 coffee filters and 1 can of puretane onto Pyrex double boiler on a hotplate. Let tane evaporate about 30 min. Transfered over to a low heat source between 110 and 120 tops. Purged for roughly an hour closely watching temp. End result. .5g of strong tasty eerl :) no vac used but I wish I had one and more tane to shoot. Feel like a yield.

Just a cpl tips for a better yeild.. Ditch the coffee filters and invest in stainless steel screens... 1 can was more then enuff or a little over a 1/4.

Yield should have been over a gram closer to a gram and a half if it was some top shelf.

B

billbodabbin

I was not talking about your tech exactly. I was just saying i don't even blast over boiling hot water into my dish without hot water in it. I keep water as far away as possible while running my material. i can't vacuum my meds that high of a temp or it does not make my migraines go away and that is what i use it for. But I would not blast into water just because any water or wax will make it butter or nucleate . But I have never done a purge that high of a temperature. I also have not gone over 110 since i noticed it helped my quality of life….. But it is all what works for you. my point is frozen butane extracts more because it stays supercritical longer and more of it. Also it purges faster without the water or waxes present that is why i freeze my tube already packed seal a mealed twice in vacuum sealed bags. This is just my way i can get zero bubble super tasty shatter at below 110 every time. zero cloudiness or bubbles left after 18 to 72 hours . I have not ever done your tech so i can't speak for how well it works. I also have a lab pump and a vacuum oven and that helps having those two pieces of equipment…. having that equipment makes where you can purge it without watching anything once you get your tech down….
Just a cpl tips for a better yeild.. Ditch the coffee filters and invest in stainless steel screens... 1 can was more then enuff or a little over a 1/4.

Yield should have been over a gram closer to a gram and a half if it was some top shelf.

Awesome advice! This was just a quick experiment but I'm a quick learner and the screens I definitely need. The herb I used was pure jack, lots of trichomes, I feel like there may have been too much air in my tube (not pack enough) too. I didn't g ring the herb I just broke by hand. But I will keep posting my progress because I love constructive criticism. I like that with this I was able to keep the terpenes from burning so I have the full flavor and i love the pearl color!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Awesome advice! This was just a quick experiment but I'm a quick learner and the screens I definitely need. The herb I used was pure jack, lots of trichomes, I feel like there may have been too much air in my tube (not pack enough) too. I didn't g ring the herb I just broke by hand. But I will keep posting my progress because I love constructive criticism. I like that with this I was able to keep the terpenes from burning so I have the full flavor and i love the pearl color!

Some would argue with me about this and id tell them to go fuck them selfs, But i Grind mine for best yeild,,, After all i don't remove much other then stems when i smoke the flowers so why would i wanna not extract the most as possible.. So grind and pack tight :D

and get a vac pump and chamber ;)

B

billbodabbin

Some would argue with me about this and id tell them to go fuck them selfs, But i Grind mine for best yeild,,, After all i don't remove much other then stems when i smoke the flowers so why would i wanna not extract the most as possible.. So grind and pack tight :D

That's what I figured! Grind it and pack so all the tane can extract the chems. I feel mine is so like cause it just passed over the bud taking trichomes but leaving some Chem behind. I'm going to grind and run again to see for sure I got it all. Thanks for your replies man I feed off knowledge!!!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Check out skunkpharmresearch.com for evern more information :D

K

knucklehead bob

Yes & yes . I grind dry flowers through an old window screen over a box by hand , pack tight and freeze over night . I have gotten over 1/8 oz. from a stainless turkey baster . I already had a vac. pump bein' a mechanic and I use a 2 gal. soup pot as a chamber on top of a heating pad . :cigar:

B

billbodabbin

Yes & yes . I grind dry flowers through an old window screen over a box by hand , pack tight and freeze over night . I have gotten over 1/8 oz. from a stainless turkey baster . I already had a vac. pump bein' a mechanic and I use a 2 gal. soup pot as a chamber on top of a heating pad . :cigar:
That's genius! I may have to try that setup! Do you have a pic of finished product with your system??

Top Bottom