Votes: 14 8.6%
  • hot water purge then vacuum purge

Votes: 66 40.7%
  • other

Votes: 28 17.3%

• Total voters
D

Default 501x

The non decarboxylated oil has slightly more head effect when vaporized or smoked and less sedative effect when over done. It also has more turpenoid flavors.

The oil also has less viscosity once decarboxylated and seems to produce slightly less cough.

This is exactly what i was looking for! thank you for saving me hours of trials haha.

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Awesome thread everyone. I love the scientific breakdowns, especially the use of ether as a further purging/cleaning step. Hands down the best BHO i've ever had was made with this process. True amber glass that did not shatter, maliable, easy to handle, yet was almost completely transparent. Like stated though, availability is definitly a problem

I am looking to improve quality using a vacuum purge at the end of my process.

Anyone recommend a specific type of vac system?

Cheaper hand style brake bleeder pump with homeade vacuum tube?

Or is it worth going all out and getting a naglene vacuum plate, powered vac pump?

Could this vac be done on the pyrex glass collection plates I use, right after hot water purge? Avoiding the painstaking step of scraping product onto parchment paper to put into vacuum?

B

BipolarHiRoller

I expected more people to be using low heat - the vote option is kinda vague and off - low heat + vac is my personal preference and it takes longer then over night for me.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
my honey oil

this is a grape stomper extract without a vac purge i only use the vac when making wax

IMG 1088
mikeb437

mikeb437

I blast into a pyrex dish sitting in a boiling pot of water, using a hot pad outside, there is a decent amount of water in the pyrex dish too, this makes the oil purge from the second it hits the water until the second i scrape it out with a metal card. then I let it sit under a light for an hour or two and it bubbles up really big and i pop the bubbles and then using a butter knife flatten the oil around the dish im keeping it in releasing much more of the butane and getting some of the water that is collected from the pyrex dish out and then i put it back under the light for 2-10 days depending on how much i get.
This always gives me a wax that is any range of gold to yellow to brown and breaks easier than candle wax when played with.

So your actually spraying your oil into a dish of water? Just being clear,,,

Graywolf

Graywolf

Awesome thread everyone. I love the scientific breakdowns, especially the use of ether as a further purging/cleaning step. Hands down the best BHO i've ever had was made with this process. True amber glass that did not shatter, maliable, easy to handle, yet was almost completely transparent. Like stated though, availability is definitly a problem

I am looking to improve quality using a vacuum purge at the end of my process.

Anyone recommend a specific type of vac system?

Cheaper hand style brake bleeder pump with homeade vacuum tube?

Or is it worth going all out and getting a naglene vacuum plate, powered vac pump?

Could this vac be done on the pyrex glass collection plates I use, right after hot water purge? Avoiding the painstaking step of scraping product onto parchment paper to put into vacuum?

We do thin film purging in a vacuum, with and without heat, by using a spark=less lab hotplate in a vacuum desiccator.

A water faucet vacuum aspirator is the cheapest to evaporate off the bulk of the solvent, and we use a AC vacuum pump for a hard finish.

You can check out more details at: http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-extraction/

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

We do thin film purging in a vacuum, with and without heat, by using a spark=less lab hotplate in a vacuum desiccator.

A water faucet vacuum aspirator is the cheapest to evaporate off the bulk of the solvent, and we use a AC vacuum pump for a hard finish.

You can check out more details at: http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-extraction/

Thanks for the reply Graywolf!
Great link full of amazing amounts of detailed knowledge!
Looking forward to the Terpenator!

W

williampalmer1q2w

does the temperature of the water that the pirex is set into matter if its ovr 200 degrees does it burn the thc in the concentrates?

bongstar

bongstar

I understand that every one has there own method. But my freind and i have done years of reaserch using the sientific method using countless differant factors and always using the indipendent variable method. we hve compiled pages of info and have fond one of the most consistant ways to purge your oil entirly of butane along with absoultly no waste or product damage, along with easiest and cleanist method to do so that i have seen or reas about.

bongstar

bongstar

First instead of using a pyrex container or foil or a class cup, use a small metal cup, like a metal measuring cup or something they have many sizez to suit your needs. now when shooting it out place this metal cup inside a glass of hot water then place that in a pot of hot water using the double boiler method. this is for when your shooting. now is what you have is your oil in the same container that your going to purge it it in and store it in there is no transfer no scraping, no razorblades or any other mess. once your done shooting let it sit in the metal cup in the hot water to get rid of the first round of butane. Second when that has happend i place the metal cup on an upsidedown iron at meadium heat. for my iron this 230 degrees, wich is about where you want it considering thc dosent burn untill aroun 355 to 392. once its on the iron it will eventualy break down into a liquid just keep stirring it with a metal poker untill most of the bubbles are gone.

bongstar

bongstar

Then place it in the frezzer till its solid whipp it with poker and place it back on the iron. this time the bubbles will be much finer keep it purging till the bubbles are nearly gone then place it back in the freezer and repat this method at least once more or untill it can sit on the iron at 230 with out seein a bubble. i usualy do this four times total makeing it quadruple refined. and once finished i place it back in the freezer until its ahard and that point my oil is finished, it looks like obsidian and its as smooth as glass and absolutle puged of all butane. And dont forget there were absolutly no tranfers, no mess and no loss. If you want to transfer it with ease use a metal antena thats obviously hallow use the thickness desired. just scoop the end of the antena into the oil baerly warm it once out then place the end in desired container and blow on the other end of the antena, and your jar is filled with no mess and no waste.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
First instead of using a pyrex container or foil or a class cup, use a small metal cup, like a metal measuring cup or something they have many sizez to suit your needs. now when shooting it out place this metal cup inside a glass of hot water then place that in a pot of hot water using the double boiler method. this is for when your shooting. now is what you have is your oil in the same container that your going to purge it it in and store it in there is no transfer no scraping, no razorblades or any other mess. once your done shooting let it sit in the metal cup in the hot water to get rid of the first round of butane. Second when that has happend i place the metal cup on an upsidedown iron at meadium heat. for my iron this 230 degrees, wich is about where you want it considering thc dosent burn untill aroun 355 to 392. once its on the iron it will eventualy break down into a liquid just keep stirring it with a metal poker untill most of the bubbles are gone.

Can you post some pictures to demonstrate your method? I'm curious what this looks like in the end and during the iron phase. Sounds like an efficient method. I'd like to see this done! Thanks for sharing your methods bongstar!

Cheers,
Crom

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

TO THE PERSON WHO ASKED ABOVE YES YOU CAN BLAST INTO PARCHMENT...SOME PEOPLE WILL WARN AGAINST IT, I DO IT AND THROW IT IN THE VAC OVEN AND WALLA....FUCK SCRAPING
LOL
IF ITS BOMB STUFF, MADE WITH FLOWERS, IT CAN LITERALLY PEEL RIGHT OFF LIKE A FRUIT ROLL UP...

SOUNDS GOOD THE TECH ABOVE..
ONLY THING ID SAY IS MAYBE 230 IS A LIL HOT...
GLASSY IS GOOD BUT IF ITS BLACK IT COULD BE AN INDICATION OF BEING A LIL BURNT

MAYBE NOT...SOMETIMES TRM MAKES DARKER STUFF..
CERTAIN STRAINS ETC..
GETRITEOIL

SEE LIKE THIS...PEELS RIGHT UP!

HEY CROM IF U WANNA PEEP SOME MORE DIFF TECH-WWW.LABHOROFLOVE.PROBOARDS.COM
NEW-FIRST BHONLY FORUM..
NOT REALLY LAUNCHED YET BUT ITS LIVE W SOME TECH

bongstar

bongstar

Its actualy never black its usualy more amber some times golden some times red just depends on the strain and or if im using straight trim or pure flower. and honestly its not burnt, ive tried it at many differant temps ranging from 150 to 250 and i personaly perfer 220 to 230, again its preferance. ive just had the best results with that, and remember thc dosent melt until 355 to 392.

And yes ill post some pics i wont be doing a run for a month or so but i will post them then i have a pic of the finished product i can send soon though.

bongstar

bongstar

IMG_20120730_100052.jpg
First image is boviously the product and container second is the double boiler method i use while shooting and 3rd is the iron, these are examples not the actual process. again same container for shoot purge and storage ill give a more updated and better acount when i do an actual run.

Oil1
Oil 2
Oil3
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
IMG_20120730_100052.jpg
First image is boviously the product and container second is the double boiler method i use while shooting and 3rd is the iron, these are examples not the actual process. again same container for shoot purge and storage ill give a more updated and better acount when i do an actual run.

Interesting! How much oil can you blow into that container? I'd be afraid it'd overflow lol

bongstar

bongstar

The container you see i had 11 grams in. It is a 1/3 measuring cup but i also have 1/2, 1 cup and 2 cup sizes depending on how much im runing. My tube is completely seald and air tight with an open close valve on the end so i can let the butane fully extract and control the flow. This way if it starts to fill i can let it evaporate down till i can add more. never had over flow proablems.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

NO DOUBT...RIGHT?
INTERESTING SET UP THO...
I LIKE THE IRON...CHEAP EFFECTIVE...PROB PRETTY EFFICIENT...
YOU COULD PROB USE A BIGGER PYREX ON IT TOO...
IVE SEEN PEOPLE USE LAMPS ON HERE...
LOW CONSTANT HEAT BASICALLY.....IF U CAN ADD VAC U GET HONEYCOMB...(IF THERES MORE WAX/STARCHES ETC AND OR BUTANE IN THE SAP)
YEA I HEAR YA RE THE BURNT ASPECT...

I JUST THOUGHT PAST LIKE 200 AND YOUR STARTING TO BURN SOME OF THE TERPENES.....
I MEAN YOU DEF ARE, YOU CAN LOOK UP BURN/BOIL/EVAP POINTS FOR MOST OF EM, PINEOLENE, LIMONENE,AND ALL THE OTHER NENES....MANY AFRE 130-200 DEGREES.....
SO IM PRETTY SURE EVEN IF UR NOT "BURNING" IT, IT IS HAVING THE FLAVOR AFFECTED...THATS WHAT PRODUCES THE TASTE, TERPENES/FLAVINOIDS....IF THEY BURN UP OR EVAPORATE, YOU LOOSE THE FLAVOR THEY PROVIDE....RIGHT?

SO THEY PROD CAN STILL TASTE GOOD EVEN DEPENDING ON WHAT TEMPS AND WHAT TERPS HAVE BOILED OFF, AND IT WILL OBVIOUSLY STILL HAVE SOME POTENT EFFICACY AS FAR AS MED EFFECT, BUT I WOULDNT USE THAT MUCH TEMP PERSONALLY BECAUSE ID RATHER HAVE TO WATCH IT HARDER AND HEAT IT LESS AND PRESERVE MORE OF THE ORIGINAL FLOWER FLAVOR, SOMETIMES EVEN SURPASS THE ORIGINAL FLAVOR....VS TURNING UP THE HEAT TO MAKE SURE ALL THE GAS PURGES FAST....

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I was thinking of the Tane bubbles/liquid boiling over lol I'm sure it works though, just seems sooo small compared to a 9"x9" pyrex! Good tech though. I've seen cats use a skillet with a temp regulator like you use your iron. What ever works I guess! I picked up, for $5 at a thrift store, a warming tray from the '60s-'70s that hits like 120*F ish, and is great for leaving your erl to settle. Not too hot, not too cool. What are your thoughts on Vac purging? Worth it?

Top Bottom