• Start date
  • Tagged users None
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

ok, sorry..insano busy these daze..

here lemmie..
brikabrika break it down

n no, squiggly most def is NOT on the $krilla

ok..heres said Kief shatter which was conceived of 33 gr of og kief..REEKED like og..
notice the DARK blackISH color...ok maybe black was the wrong color...sorry
its amber, but when thick appears black at first n causes people to groan inside.

i actually went back and edited it and added some of what paint calls "black" so you can actually see while close it would reaally be considered "black" i dont think...you can see the black line drawn on it..

Thespice1black

next one is me taking the lil tear drop n dropping it from about 8 inchs off the table..
it shatters,,,hence its called shatter for all yalls new folk
Thespice3

next two are both what happens when you
A) take the shard and roll it around in your fingers...
B) stretch it think and hold it up to a light...
Thespice1
Thespice4

lets recap what weve learned here today folks...

1. when something is DARK that doesnt mean its black...
2. when something is dark that doesnt mean its got a buncha excess chloro in it...(as you can see this is golden amber when stretched thin, certainly not black and not really even dark)
3.quality is not synonymous with color exclusively
4.(and this one you didnt really learn, im just reiterating it is possible) you can yield 53% from a kief extract and apparently more...
5.(just telling this one again too) when you make oil outta super good cured og kief it tastes like your smoking pot incense..but in a good way..not a smoke gets in your eye n lunghole n chokes you kinda way...like a yummy hashey all spice kinda way..
6. when you make wax everyday, you got dirty ass fingernails

thnx-
the misinfo police

@growerforlife....as far as ive experienced without recording trials, the better stuff will harden more...if its chitty, it aint really gonna harden, unless you wash it...or "winterize"..for more on that one see graywolfs posts on getting the green out...(and while your at it, read anything else he has published about bho artistry) n you DEF gotta have it purged ALL the way for it to really solidify like that n then stretch n then re-solidify.....

squiggly

squiggly

thnx-
the misinfo police

Glad to see you policing your own misinformation--as you are the one who said the stuff was black :)

If it was black, it certainly would mean there was too much chlorophyll. There is nothing else that is extracted from the plant that gives a deep black color when concentrated.

I'm certainly aware of the colorimetric change one would see when thinning out just about ANY cannabis extract (good or bad)--I can even write the equation out for you that determines the amount of incident light that can transmit through a given sample.

When it comes to your number 3 above, you are actually wrong--the color changes do make a HUGE difference, because the color is different based on the number and type of compounds you have in a sample, and their relative amounts. This is how you would measure the amounts of the compounds in your sample if you wanted to do it in a solution (i.e. re-dissolve in a solvent and use a spectrophotometer).

There is a direct correlation to color and the content of the sample, that's just basic chemistry right there. While, admittedly--we can't approximate this with our eyes, so we shouldn't "judge a book by its cover" so to speak. This is a sensitive phenomenon in terms of concentration differences, so the eye really doesn't have enough resolution to tell the difference well enough--you actually need a spec to do it, but rest assured that color does in fact mean everything.

You can literally extract all the relevant data about the sample simply from knowing what wavelengths it absorbs at, and how strong the absorbance is (and the molar absorptivity of the compound you're assaying). Do it in the lab all the time.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Some good points on color.

I judge chlorophyll pickup, by smearing the oil on a piece of white paper and looking at in in sunlight.

As noted, different molecules do absorb and reflect different wave lengths of light, so you can fractionate a mixture using that technique.

We in fact have a used unit designed to do just that, but our detector uses an obsolete lamp and we will have to develop our own software to switch to another one that is close.

Fresh frozen material yields a much lighter color material than dried material and fully decarboxylated material is darker yet. Losing the COOH chain, results in a darker amber color.

As noted, because of the nature of the anthocyanins involved, and the "Beer/Lambert effect", very thin, backlighted films of cannabis resin are light amber to yellow, while twice that thickness can be significantly darker and almost opaque.

We sometimes get a light electric green hue to BHO extraction, but the amounts of chlorophyll picked up are so small as to not be harsh or necessarily detectable. They are easily bleached out using sunlight.

Color is only an indicator of what is to come, while sampling tells the tale! Close your eyes, and let your nose do the walking, if you really want to check for quality.

grower4life

grower4life

Thanks for the info scfsyndicate, i just bought a purge chamber from www.extraction experts.com, i got the hand pump with the kits but hate it and am going to order the electric pump. I did notice that the thinner i put it on the parchment paper and used the extraction chamber the more glass like it got couldnt get it to shatter. It sounds like more purging is nessicary.

Ill post some pics of the product i make now. cant wait to get the purge pump.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Color is only an indicator of what is to come, while sampling tells the tale! Close your eyes, and let your nose do the walking, if you really want to check for quality.

^^^ THIS

there ya goo all you knuckleheads that think dark shit is bad...
nuff said

@ squiggley..
no sir i was actually policing YOUR misinfo that all dark oils are laden with excess chloro
and its not black bruh, that cholo gives...its a dark green...(just realized i typed cholo..lol)

color is certainly not EVERYTHING.....lol...not even close bruh..
i blast at least a lb a week, so dont worry, im knowing.lol
as i said way back in the beginning...maybe "black" was the wrong term...i was simply
stating what i thought was accurate...it DID look like black glass...
you said if it was black it was shit
i showed its not shit
pretty simple
its apparent that you at least read alot...lol n prob are a great scientist...
but im an extractor...thats what I do...and im certainly not saying i know everything about this art, but suffice to say i know how n why n what ur oil being "dark" means....

@gdub
yes ive gotten that trippy stuff that looks like elec green kinda lighter, but totally like yellow green...weird...was SUPER good stuff too...it was a kc jones oriental express cross...
the oil literally stayed as light green yellow snot texture...
never hardened...was soooooo bomb tasting tho..like pure flowers...
it was really crazy...
also...you ever heard of anyone using a cold plate?
dudeeeeee found the illest thermoelectric kinda peltier thingy..
looks like a 10 by 12 inches, like a car amp, w the ridges on it...its white..
has an on switch n a dial n theres a plate thats like 5-10 on top that gets cold when turned on...
things sickkkkkkk
so when ur like chefin it up n you got ur lil parchment n the stuff needs to be cooled a tad to get it handleable or moveable or whatevs...instead of having to take it all the way to the freezer, just throw it on the unot for a min, BAM its cold...
(plus you got another really cool piece of lab equip to use) lol

when i first found the one on ebay it was 1500!! then i found a diff model for wayy cheaper..
things sick!
anyways...so yea..big yields on kief are the ISH!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom