Bho Temps

• Thread starter The geordie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

The geordie

Yo I'm trying to find a nice purge temp that will carry the flavour of my flowers through to my wax.
I don't have a vac oven or any other devices so I'm looking for old school really any help would be greatly appreciated.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
How do you plan on purging the material with no vac pump ?

As far as temp... could be as low as 85 on up to 110-115 varies from strain to strain / indica / sativa...

T

The geordie

I have just been leaving it on a cable to box for a few days till it is dried out

gumby420

gumby420

dude thats horrible, at the absolute very least put it on a griddle at like 120 or so, or a water bath. a cable box cant be getting too hot.

T

The geordie

The temp of the box is in the 30's celcius and when it comes off there is definately no butane left in as it tastes nice just hashy rather than the flower terps.
I've done it the same way for years and never came to any harm just would rather taste like flowers than hash

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Theres just no way chemically speaking that your purge method is removing all the butane.. Its not in the realm of possible. A Vacume pump is a must.

But with that said at the end of the day its your product if your happy with it then it don't really matter what we think :D

But youd be amazed at the difference in your oils flavor if you droped the cash on a proper setup.. You don't need an OVEN.... A SS pot w/ a vac lid and a vac pump is all you need.. 100-200$ to aid in your health. :D

A

AlterEgo860

ya.. grab a chamber and a vacuum.. without that.. u cant really be picky about flavor and taste.... honestly.. unless you wana be inhaling butane all day long..

but.. what I used to do.. before I got a chamber.. was hot water bath.. outside until its almost all butane gone.. then id bring inside.. put on a pot that plugs into the wall.. at like 130.. let the rest of the butane get going out.. and use a torch or a heat gun.. to get the top of the oil warm enough to get that butane out.. but you are going to sacrifice quality.. and color and taste and smell..

u can still get a nice oil without a chamber.. but purge times go way longer then a few days to be properly purged..

also.. with a chamber.. temps don't need to be as hot.. so u save terpenes.. without a chamber.. you really cant be picky..

the best way to get the butane out.. without a chamber.. is to use everclear 190 proof.. by the time u purge the everclear .. all the butane is gone..

but.. if u really aren't hard up for smoke or money.. id dissolve in everclear 190 proof.. set it in a jar in the freezer.. until I got a chamber.. to purge it lol. or look for someone with a chamber.. that will purge it for you. or that u can purge using there chamber..

Latest posts

Top Bottom