• Thread starter Phasayus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phasayus

Phasayus

Which of the 2 are...

(A) Cost effective to make

(B) Benefits the patient the most

(C) The cleanest with respect to our lungs.

Thanks in advance!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
My opinion so take it for the 2 cents and a grain of salt its worth.

A. Cost effective.. BHO hands down.. The cost of the equipment you need to make CO2 is not for the home hobbyist..

B. Benefits the most.. Again i have to go with bho as it SEEMS from my understanding to extract a broader range of terps vs co2...

c. Cleanest would be C02 since its not using any solvents theres nothing to purge out..

The question really is are asking for the purpose of making medicine for your self ? Purchasing it from a dispensary? or just curious?

If making your self Bho can be clean if done right. If buying you better trust the source or risk buying nasty shit. Curious? Me too :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You already use propane albeit a small % but its in canned butane as the propellent.

As far as a standalone like buying a tank and running i dunno I think ive read in the past its not the best solvent as far as yeild is concerned.. But shrugs..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
CO2 is a solvent; water is left behind and needs to be purged.

Let me clarify.. Its not a liquid solvent at room temp like butane is... And when i said nothing to purge out i was referring to harmful chemicals as the topic of this thread suggests.. Not water.. which is a harmless substance when smoked inhaled swallowed plugged ect ect.

and most people who sell c02 or even make c02 consider it a solventless extract..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
co2 is simply more easily purged, but it is a solvent in chemical terms.
In marketing terms, you need only imagine what it is.

Ok them chemically speaking Water hash is not solventless since water can be considered a solvent too.. :\

Nit picking...

Natural

Natural

anybody try ethanol?
all the time..it's highly polar though, so it's necessary to do a quick wash or QWET. It depends on the product, but it usually ends up slightly viscous. Although, I made some with white strawberry cough once that ended up like dry pine sap..very nice and it burned very clean. This was done without winterizing and decarbing..amazing terp profiles.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

awesome! Can it be used in a closed loop extraction machine? Like the MKIII?

A Dawg

A Dawg

well i tried a lil experiment and it seemed to work well, i simply extracted using a bubble machine first, then driend a gound into a lite small pebble size so it dodnt pack too hard, then i filled the tube with the bubble and nailed it with the vector, it blew out really thickish concentrate it was awesome. it was alot slower, it took twice the cans for the tube until came clear..but a fine mesh metal filter with a clamp around rubber to hold it is a MUST....stuff was flame btw

Natural

Natural

awesome! Can it be used in a closed loop extraction machine? Like the MKIII?
an alcohol still is what you would need, as ethanol needs a higher temp to boil than butane. heating the alcohol might include some decarboxylation if your not careful with your temps though. not a bad proposition if you want to make a topical or sublingual though. it's quite a process with ethanol, takes several washes, but through winterizing and using a vac assisted #1 filter, you can achieve a very pristine oil, for med purposes while retaining a large amount of terps. If your more on a commercial scale, I would think butane and purging might be more effecient and less laborsome.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Sounds like it. I was just hoping to find something that wasnt as illegal but hey what ever it takes I guess. Im definitely getting a closed loop system I was just hoping there were other solvents that could be used. Thanks for the info. I dont think ill have time to distil the amount of trim that ill have. Might have close to 20lbs of trim every 2 months to go through.

Top Bottom