Method Smoked : Joint with tobacco, bong
Grow log thread here

APPEARANCE

Bhs trainwreck

Bhs trainwreck 2

Bhs trainwreck 3

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Astringent chemical smell, sweet when crumbled
Associated smells of bud : Very hard/complex smell. Can't describe it fully.

TASTE

Dominant flavour : Menthol
Associated flavours : Sweet edge

Harsh/smoothness : 3
- cough factor? : yes - not just a tickler, a coughing fit inducer...in me, and then confirmed by mates.

BUZZ

Profile : 90% head 10% body
Potency : 8
Duration : Ages...good 3-4 hours
Use : Daytime
Munchies? : no

Smokers Report:

"Metholated whale" is what I've read the arcata TW cut tastes like, and I guess this is it. It's most definitely very strongly mentholated and I've no idea wtf whale smokes like...but like most I imagine it tastes like this!

The buzz is felt fully in the eyes...it's really strong and gets to work fast, no creeping. It's a sharpener, only with edge....so much so that it cuts through any other stone, cleanly. You know when you're smoking this....from the mad taste to coughing fit to the straight up lift off through any fog. It leaves its mark by ripping your brain open and pouring fun through your eyes, but leaving your body intact and brain functioning. Well, that's how it affects me...it completely fucked a number of hard smoking mates who I think found the buzz a little unnerving (but will never admit it). It's definitely fantastic daytime gear for just being out and fucked around other people....it has that trippy element to it....this would be amazing summer gear to be enjoyed in the sun....

It's not strictly an enjoyable smoke, due to the fact it's quite harsh (despite being well cured). Also it's not necessarily a relaxing smoke either, but it really does press some fantastic buttons. Ah yes - gaming - it's fucking awesome for gaming because of the clarity and trippy edge, but without mong. Heavily tested with TF2 :) Also great for writing, as evidenced by the shite flowing right now. Creative, idea inducing, inspiring....really out there and demanding respect. I think someone said that it was called BrainTrek or something before it became TrainWreck? If so, I know why and it makes soo much more sense.

B

British_Hempire

Nice one mate. I love creative, profound highs so the TW is one of my faves. I'm working on a new generation of TW seeds now, although I think I will end up outcrossing it to reduce the stretch and that annoying floppiness.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I must add to this.

I was lucky, very lucky infact to get to try some of FF's beautifully grown gal.

With out a doubt, general concensus was in herbies household that this is some of the strongest weed we have smoked in a while. And I am really upset that I have finished it now. Was limiting my self to one spliff a night on this stuff.

Smell is really odd. And actually I have not met one person that actually enjoys the smell or taste. Smell to me is like FF states, but I get small chem smell, loads of menthol and also a wild berry almost ribena type smell. One I associate with landrace herbs. That high end, top of the nose berry sativa egde.

Smoke is so dam strong. I mean really strong. Once you get over the odd taste (truly unique) you get really really high.

This stuff takes you up, and up putting pressure almost instantly on the eyes and forehead. Munchies will come on BIG TIME within a few mins of smoking. Have some food, smoke some more then its sleepy time.

Everytime I smoked a bifta I got really sleepy on this stuff. Follow with an indica and night night.

Got some TW bubble chillin and curing. Will start hitting that tonight. THink I may spliff it.

Great work BH and FF. I think i shall pop my TW seeds very soon.

B

British_Hempire

Glad ya enjoyed it mate, apart from the fact I like the smell/taste I agree completely on all those points. I can understand why some don't like the smell/taste though, I had a catpiss pheno that I remember caused a funny little incident. I was at a friend's house and we smoked up a TW storm, then his wife came home and the first thing she said after walking through the door was 'had the dog pissed somewhere' then proceeded o check round the house for a little puddle of dog piss cos she was sure she could smell it. Eventually she realised it was the TW smoke that stank of piss!

O

ojd

great report and grow ff
and nice work bh on the beans
i like very strong weed and i rarely findi it
sativa being sssdhaze and nevilshaze
indica chemdog and some kushes

this sounds like some strong weed to have you all cained and i know alot of potent herbs have been in herbs house

ff you gota get round to me so i can try a joint of this to see if its as strong as you guys say

peace

B

British_Hempire

I would put it up there with the sssdh I did for potency, I have tried ojd's sssdh but I can't remember exactly what it was like, I remember trying it at the 08 420 cup and liking it a lot. I nearly entered TW in the cup last year but stupidly by the time I remembered to put 28g of it to one side I only had 30g left and it got smoked instead. There was some TW in the samples I sent over for the cup, Karma did a mini smoke report on it.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
It is a real shame that this TW pheno was a bitch to grow and completely unmanagable, ojd, I would easily put this up with the SSSDH for potency. Flavour - No. But hit is simply mindblowing.

I can understand why it is called trainwreck!!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I am going to pop some seeds. Shit, I may do that now actually.

Its that strong that I am bumping all my other seedlings down the list. Was going to do the Ap11's and few others, but I think it will be the TW, it would be criminal not to.

B

British_Hempire

Hell yeah, get em started!

I don't think you'll find it all that uncontrollable mate, just top em early and again a few more times, TW loves topping and bondage, it's best to grow it with as many tops as possible, with TW the more budsites the better the yield.

Herbalizor doing TW! I reckon I'll have to descend from my hermit's lair in the mountains and come to civilization to sample that crop! My fave strain by my fave grower, I'm there!

BTW, if TW is an 8.5 out of ten for potency, Herijuana is a 9.5, so you might wanna pop them sometime too, I used to enjoy smoking TW all day and getting high as a kite, proper lose your car keys and find them two days later in the freezer type high then crashing into a deep indica stone at nighttime by switching to Heri.

A

abirdintheair

i gotta chime in as well, hempires wreck is top notch! in the ones i ran i didnt notice any menthol(then again, im not sure what it tastes like), but the funk chem smell mixed with a fruity berryish taste is dead on to what I got. FF has the description right on point, quick to hit and most amatuer smokers in my area werent ready for it. I have to agreed with BH though, the floppiness xan be a pain, i had one even though it was staked break its stem from the cola weight.

B

British_Hempire

I really liked your TW thread bird, you did a really nice honest report on those, how did you find the GHS TW compared to mine and Head's BX in the end? Did it have any similarity in taste or high? Also, how did the TW x AS turn out, I remember seeing one pic of an amazingly foxtailed cola. Did ya do a cross of the TW x AS to the Casey? I'm sure someone said they were growing such a hybrid or I might have dreamt it! lol

The menthol side of the TW is the Mexican pheno, the lemony side is the Thai pheno, although the diffferent phenos are all pretty similar in resin, potency and looks, they do vary a bit in smell/taste, but they are all fairly similar in that dept too. There are piney ones, lemony ones, lemon/pine ones, lemon/catpiss ones, but all similar, I liked the lemon/pine one most closely followed by the lemony one, the catpiss one was discarded cos it left a smell of piss in the room after a sesh, the piney one was the Afghan pheno and was a shorter, smaller plant, I think only about 1 in 5 is this pheno.

Hell, grow em out and see for yourself, I'm sure you'll find a keeper that suits you, as long as you don't mind the floppiness and stretch, it's definitely a plant that you can get used to growing and can eventually work out how to get a good yield out of it, but never grow it untopped, you get a tall, thin low yielding beanpole, it needs to be bushy.

A

abirdintheair

ghs flunked worse than a high school drop out, it tasted like a mix of musty socks and old gravy, plus one went super hermie. both yours and h3ads were just fire, when the cure was first finished before i built a tolerance this stuff was devasting in a good way. yea, that super foxtail one was crazy, it looked like it would hit 100+ easy. hopefully ill come across it again. yup that was me, i had all awesomely orange tasting twxas phenos and my big casey reeked of burnt rubber, i just had to put em together. here in the near future Im gonna run a batch of f2s/bx1s of the twxas to find a nice orange mom to keep around.

B

British_Hempire

Nice one mate, great to see folks using tw genes in their own work, I'm a big believer in making your own seeds, it teaches you so much about cannabis. The Actual Sativa was a really orangey tasting plant, like orange liquer and it didn't lack anything in resin or potency vs the TW so it was a no-brainer to cross em. I still haven't got round to growing that one out myself, I should do soon as I kept the AS cut and would still have it if I hadn't had a teardown a while back, she was a longterm keeper for sure.

I think we just have to say GHS TW isn't TW, sadly as even a TW hybrid should be quite good. I know a few people have grown some amazign looking plants from GHS TW but I've yet to hear anyone say they thought it was all that when they smoked it. Sad to see Arjan sully the name of another classic with a third-rate knockoff. Doesn't give me much confidence for their upcoming Chemdog and kush lines.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool.

Well funily enough I went through my seed selections, and guess what I pulled out along with the TW, motas heri! Yai!

I also have the chernobyl running atm, so we will have something TW like in the circle before long.

And yes please come down BH. Be great to finally meet up - your too kind!!!

B

British_Hempire

I'm hoping to move a coupla hundred miles further south soon, when i do visiting will be a whole lot less of a mission!

You stoner you, I sent ya those Heri seeds last year, I've been wondering what ya did with em!

F

FastForward

Am just in from a mates house, whose kids have two guinea pigs....so like any good farmer I did some animal experimentation....don't worry....no guinea pigs were harmed.

Stuck my head in the cage and gave them several long lungfulls of two nearly pure TW joints. One was totally unaffected but the other totally livened up and then spent literally the next 20 minutes eating and drinking :)

B

British_Hempire

Hehe, bet they were smashed out of their tiny minds!

It's perfect safe to get animals smashed, they dried giving a 25lb dog an ounce of hashish to see what would happen and it did it no harm, just slept for 2 days then ate ravenously. Then they tried injecting cannabis solvent extract directly into it's jugular vein in sufficient quantity they were sure it would be a fatal dose, but it did no harm, same result as before.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Not too sure how good two big lung fulls are to a guinea pigs lungs. Poor Guinea pigs, not letting you near my dog. LOL He expects the whole spliff!

Top Bottom