Big Bang, White Dwarf, Assassin - Autoflowering Budget grow

• Thread starter OttomanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hi everybody.
First of all, excuse my bad english. If u find any mistakes in grammar or pronunciation, be happy with it :D

Im new to this whole growing stuff.
I wanted to share my Grow with u guys, for further Tips and other usefull hints.
When i ordered my seeds i knew nearly nothing about growing but after 1month reading everything i found i think i got the basics now :)
This is a low cost grow, i just wanted to see what happens.

In this Grow Diary i will grow three different plants.

Now to my Setup(tbh its not really a Setup):

1x Auto Assassin fem. - Short Stuff
1x Big Bang Automatic fem. - Greenhouse
1x White Dwarf Automatic fem. - Buddha Seeds

1x 115W 6400k Full Spectrum for growing
1x 170W 2100k Son-T Spectrum for Flowering
1x The mighty Sun^^

This grow is a combination of balcony and the two lights above. My Balcony looks South Side which means, whenever the sun is shining i can put the plants under the sun.

I thought the combination of Sun and (weak)light should be enough to get at least a minimum harvest of this plants.

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

I put the seeds in a cup of water for about 14hours. After 14 hours Big Bang and White dwarf were at the bottom of the cup only the Assassin was still on the surface.
Getting the seeds out of the water i put them into wet tissues. After 2 days Big Bang and White Dwarf showed the first root thingy. The Assassin was still hiding, like a good ninja does :P

It was time to put them in soil, i used a mixture of smth i dont know the english words for.

The first week i had no extra lamp, so it was only the sun and a small energy save lamp with 7w and 2700k.

Here some pics, i counted from the day i put the seeds into water...

Tag 3
Tag 5
Tag 9
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

The best start so far showed Big Bang followed by the White Dwarf and then the Assassin.

At 10th day a friend of mine gave me this two lamps and the ladies had now better light when sun was not shining. I used 18/6 cycle. (8hours of sunshine, rest under the lamp, 6 darkness).

I used to much water for the Big Bang during day 14 :/
At day 19 they were moved into the bigger pots because i knew we would have a good weather period.

Here some more pics...

Tag 14 06 04 11
Tag 17 09 04 11
Tag 19 11 04 11
Tag 20 14 04 11
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

On day 21 the Big Bang showed her first XXX (watch pic and u know what i mean). Followed by White Dwarf. The Ninja three days later.

In this days the plants are growing really fast. Big Bang is surely the one who goes most in height. I dont like how she stretches so much.

White Dwarf staying rly small now. She is rly compact.

Assassin looking good too, looking healthiest imo.

Tag 21 15 04 11
Tag 23 17 04 11
Tag 26 20 04 11
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

My babies are ill :(

Over all plants there are small yellow points on the leaves. I heard its called spider....(spinnmilben). Im washing the plants every evening with a selfmade base. I took one drop of dish liquid on 700ml water. Its getting a bit less, but they are still there. Im also cleaning the leaves with a small brush.

If anyone has some tips how i can get rid of these things plz tell me.

When u see the picture below with the three plants, u think it would be better to hang the lamp horizontal?

I changed the light cycle to 13/11 now and im using the flowering lamp. Any other Automatic Grower who can share experience bout flowering light cycles?

Tag 31 25 04 11
Tag 31 25 04 11 2
Tag 31 25 04 11 3
Tag 31 25 04 11 4
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hi guys

here a little update of my three plants. Still having some watering problems. This time i gave them not enough. Need to get used to watering and the reactions of the plant...

BigBang has the biggest "buds" atm. The White Dwarf doesnt look like he is growing much. The Assassin still looking good.

About the smell... The only one smelling atm is the BigBang.

Few Questions, would be nice if someone could give me some answers.

Previous questions:
-When u see the picture below with the three plants, u think it would be better to hang the lamp horizontal?

-I changed the light cycle to 13/11 now and im using the flowering lamp. Any other Automatic Grower who can share experience bout flowering light cycles?

New Questions:
- Time to start Hesi Bloom Complex now?

- What would happen if i change the lightcycle to 18/6 again?

Here some pics:

Tag38 03 05 11
Tag 38 03 05 11
Tag 38 WD 03 05 11
Tag 38 BB 03 05 11
TAG 38 AA 03 05 11
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

nice auto grow!!:sign0005:

thx a lot man, finally a reaction of some1 :)
I got limited possibilities for the grow, but we will see how they will do. I mean with nearly no investment for this grow, i think i will be rly happy at the end :)

R

ReDLuBE

Hi guys

here a little update of my three plants. Still having some watering problems. This time i gave them not enough. Need to get used to watering and the reactions of the plant...

BigBang has the biggest "buds" atm. The White Dwarf doesnt look like he is growing much. The Assassin still looking good.

About the smell... The only one smelling atm is the BigBang.

Few Questions, would be nice if someone could give me some answers.

Previous questions:
-When u see the picture below with the three plants, u think it would be better to hang the lamp horizontal?

-I changed the light cycle to 13/11 now and im using the flowering lamp. Any other Automatic Grower who can share experience bout flowering light cycles?

New Questions:
- Time to start Hesi Bloom Complex now?

- What would happen if i change the lightcycle to 18/6 again?

Here some pics:

I would hang your light horizontal again, and change to 12/12 and start with the bloom food. do not go back to 18/6.

looking good.

D

dramabeatz20

Idk Dont the autos like more light... Ive seen a lot of shit sayin 20/4 or 18/6... Also have read that 12/12 has neg affects on autos... I would run 20/4 mate but thats me... Other than that nice autos and keep up the good work... Oh I also agree you should put your light horizontal again... parallel to the canopy :)

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hey guys.
A little update, some infos and questions ^^

Good first grow and welcome to the farm.
ty :)

I would hang your light horizontal again, and change to 12/12 and start with the bloom food. do not go back to 18/6.

looking good.
ok, got the lamp horizontal again. Why wouldnt you go back to 18/6? Can u explain ur thoughts plz?

Idk Dont the autos like more light... Ive seen a lot of shit sayin 20/4 or 18/6... Also have read that 12/12 has neg affects on autos... I would run 20/4 mate but thats me... Other than that nice autos and keep up the good work... Oh I also agree you should put your light horizontal again... parallel to the canopy :)
Thanks and you are right man, i also got that info now. They need more light for sure, but i dont know what happens when i put them back to 18/6 or even 20/4 as STITCH from ShortStuffSeeds advices.

Now back to my plants:
The plants are not doing well imho. I think i still water to much or to less. The leaves are hanging down but i dont know why(like on the 5th picture).
Especially when i put them from the balcony under the light. When i get in the room to shut off the lights(about 6hours later), all leaves are hanging downwards. The next morning all are normal again, except the BigBang. At the beginning only the Big Bang showed these symptoms, now they all do.

I thought they were to dry, but today i checked the pots bottom, and it was still wet?! I mean if the bottom of the soil is still wet the plant has enough water or not? Or is it maybe due to the bloom food? Today i did put some more soil at the bottom of the pot, i hope that will help.

I dont get it :(
Any hints or help is appreciated.

I wrote a mail to Short Stuff Seeds and asked about the light cycles they(STITCH) would recommend. Their answer was...
Code:
Hi

Stitch advises 20:4 lighting schedule and 5l pots of possible for best results

Cheers

Shortstuff
I think thats a pretty cool info :)
The big question now is, how will these plants react when i put them from 12/12 to 20/4. Will it effect them in a positive or negative way?

Here are the pictures:

Tag 42 07 05 11 2
Tag 42 07 05 11 3
Tag 42 07 05 11 4
Tag 42 07 05 11 5
Tag 42 07 05 11 6
Tag 42 07 05 11
Tag42 07 05 11
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

I watered the plants and now they look fine again.
They had not enough water, thats why the leaves were hanging down like that.

Noobish mistake ^^

Still got the question with the light cycles. What do you guys think? Will the plants maybe start to herminize(dont know if thats the correct word)??

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hey guys

A little update again. The end is near :)

Im still using 12/12 cycle, but i made a mistake again ...
On two days the ladies got 15hours of light due to some private problems.
TBH they seemed to like it but i didnt got the balls to use 20/4, didnt want to mess it up or stress them in the last two weeks. I dont think it would be a big difference in harvest, thats why im still using 12/12.

I got a new question. If u look at the Assassin, the leaves got different colours now. What would you guys say? Is Phosphor missing? Didnt use it yet.

Here some pics of the ladies. Watch the colours of Assassin and tell me whats missing if u know it plz :)

DAY 51:

Tag 51 16 05 11 2
Tag 51 16 05 11
Tag 51 16 05 11 3
Tag 51 16 05 11 4
Tag 51 16 05 11 5
Tag 51 16 05 11 6
Tag 51 16 05 11 7
Tag 51 16 05 11 8
G

ganja_guy52

nice auto grow ottoman! i've always wanted to try an auto-strain, this just makes me want to try even more now!:D

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

nice auto grow ottoman! i've always wanted to try an auto-strain, this just makes me want to try even more now!:D

thx a lot :)
With limited possibilities they still grow like pestplant?!weed?!(dont now the correct term/word :P)

I started a second run alrdy. With less errors i hope they will even get better then this run. Check it out if u want, u can see the link in my signature. Not much to see yet, but i will keep it updating.

O

ouselfishnumber

Great job Ottoman, I do not have much experience to answer any of your questions although you had answered some of mine with your pics. Thanks!

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hi all

Day 60 after sprouting is near. As i said before, i started counting the days when i first put the seeds into water. So there is a at least 3-day delay if u count it right.
TBH those plants doesnt look like they would finish in 60 days. At least not here under my circumstances. I think they need another 2 weeks to be rly rdy.

Maybe some of u oldschool farmers can see it from the pics. The farest right now is definitely the White Dwarf. I think i will harvest him first. Then i would say Big Bang and last but not least the Assassin who was the slowest of them all from the very start of this grow. Besides that i burned the plant with to much bloom food i guess. All three plants were given the same amount, but as u can see it on the leaves, the AA dindnt react very well :(

The smell of the White Dwarf is the best so far. Rly sweet intense smell. Big Bang also smells but not as intense or sweet as the WD. The AA smells just a little bit.

Enough talking, lets see some pics!

Tag61 24 05 11
TAG 61 24 05 11
Tag 6104 24 05 11
Tag 6103 24 05 11
Tag 6102 24 05 11
OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

Hey guys

here a little update again. I bought a new light... 400W HPS
I just think with those ESL u wont get a good yield. So for the next run i will do, i think i got a better amount of light, which will result in a better yield.

At this grow im getting near to the end. The White Dwarf will be cut this weekend. Think its time for her. She has one main cola and imho she will be the best yielder. The Big Bang is getting better and smellier. Starts to smell too, but u cant compare any of the smells with the WD smell. Its really sweet and aromatic. If i imagine i had 4 or even 6 of this ladies my place would smell like sh!t. The Auto Assassin was ruined i think. The overfeeding with the bloom food just killed the plant when she was on that point of starting to create the big buds. She just got stuck like for a week now.

Her some pics, in the background u can see the new generation coming;)

DAY68

P1411 31 05 11
P1412 31 05 11
Top Bottom