Big Budah Box/Vertical growing results

• Thread starter mrsgreenbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrsgreenbuds

yea, that way i can get in the room and walk around, ill let the plants form around the bulb like cap has done to get a slight effect of the cylinder.

Do you think more plants in the middle or the double lighting will just make bigger yielding plants to get the desired weight?

ttystikk

ttystikk

yea, that way i can get in the room and walk around, ill let the plants form around the bulb like cap has done to get a slight effect of the cylinder.

Do you think more plants in the middle or the double lighting will just make bigger yielding plants to get the desired weight?

I couldn't tell you. Build it and let the plants tell us!

5th

5th

Hey, Gamrstwin36. Those NTF tubes are stupid easy to use. Stick the plants in and wait is all i had to do.

Hi mrsgreenbuds, I've seen awesome results done with what your describing. I can't remember if you posted your room dimensions or not...but instead of running two aisles like your describing, I'd personally just do one large isle. I'll borrow a pic from another place and post it here...cuz who doesn't like looking at pics of fat fucking trees am I right?

ttystikk has the best advice though...just build that sucker. lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey, Gamrstwin36. Those NTF tubes are stupid easy to use. Stick the plants in and wait is all i had to do.

Hi mrsgreenbuds, I've seen awesome results done with what your describing. I can't remember if you posted your room dimensions or not...but instead of running two aisles like your describing, I'd personally just do one large isle. I'll borrow a pic from another place and post it here...cuz who doesn't like looking at pics of fat fucking trees am I right?

To tag people in their alerts, use the @ symbol; @5th

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think I understand the layout better with your explanation. I'm with you; definitely just hang a closely spaced row of bulbs right down the centerline of the room and put the plants all the way around the outside perimeter. Yes, they'll only grow on one side, but that's just fine; trellis that near side up and vertical ScrOG- and that's it. Shit, it might work better than my cowfence playpens, lol

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Soaking it in..Giving me Hope i can build that we'll see..Thanks bro

M

mrsgreenbuds

My room total is, 9.1ft ''across" x11ft "long" but i need some space for control buckets, res etc etc
2 x 4.5ft wide aisle, if i don't run a center row i'm potentially losing 140ft2 space. From what i've seen and told, i'll have enough distance from the bulb to prevent burning.

Throw some pics up though, I'd like to see what your shootin at!

The link I posted up about the NFT/"superponics", a guy pulled 5lbs, good numbers for such a easy system... It could be pushed further i think... it would be an easier perpetual, Straight mother to clone to plant, just a lot of plants to have in ones possession..........

Last edited:
5th

5th

Do you have any pics or a link of your system @mrsgreenbuds ? Much easier to offer an opinion if I know what your werkin' with.

Thanks for that @ttystikk thats a really neat function.

@Gamrstwin36 If you ever take the plunge feel free to hit me up. Hella easy to build (Those PVC 45's are a killer on the wallet though) I even designed a PVC rack so something like this can be set up in a closet or grow tent without having to drill holes in anything. And I'm all about sharing :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

My room total is, 9.1ft ''across" x11ft "long" but i need some space for control buckets, res etc etc
2 x 4.5ft wide aisle, if i don't run a center row i'm potentially losing 140ft2 space. From what i've seen and told, i'll have enough distance from the bulb to prevent burning.

Throw some pics up though, I'd like to see what your shootin at!

The link I posted up about the NFT/"superponics", a guy pulled 5lbs, good numbers for such a easy system... It could be pushed further i think... it would be an easier perpetual, Straight mother to clone to plant, just a lot of plants to have in ones possession..........

My perpetual is easy now that I set things up to give the girls proper time to grow. Plant numbers are low, trellising will be very simple and straightforward.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Do you have any pics or a link of your system @mrsgreenbuds ? Much easier to offer an opinion if I know what your werkin' with.

Thanks for that @ttystikk thats a really neat function.

@Gamrstwin36 If you ever take the plunge feel free to hit me up. Hella easy to build (Those PVC 45's are a killer on the wallet though) I even designed a PVC rack so something like this can be set up in a closet or grow tent without having to drill holes in anything. And I'm all about sharing :)

Sounds like a system you could Brand bro...SHONUFF I'll hit ya up....I should have the Gutts to go NFT soon..thanks 5th

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sounds like a system you could Brand bro...SHONUFF I'll hit ya up....I should have the Gutts to go NFT soon..thanks 5th

As I see it, the main drawback to this system is the need for a lot of plants, and therefore the necessity of making them all uniform in size and readiness at the same time. That's a tall order, even in a production operation.

The direction I'm heading with this similar shape is to simplify by drastically reducing both parts count and plant count. Plants are down to just one per 25 ft² panel, with which I can assemble any number between two and five into a cylinder and grow, given appropriate lighting.

Fewer, bigger girls. Less work, better yields, more consistent and drastically more cost efficient meds compared to conventional methods.

5th

5th

Well thats just it @ttystikk, plant numbers for me wasn't/isn't a concern or care. If I was gonna get pinched it didn't matter...I knew the Crown Attorney (I'm in Canada) was going to try to make an example out me....so I went all out. :)

It's not much work when ya think about it. 8 of these tube setups would have fit in my grow space. 8 week strain...once dialed I'm pulling 2lb a week...4 a month. All thats needed are 3 aerocloners with 100 cuts in each off each mom. 3 moms in total.

Takes me 2 hours to cut 300 clones, 15 minutes to fill each rig, 10 minutes to harvest a rig, half hour of cleaning said rig. Other then that it's just keeping rez's topped off. Not to much work for 2 bows a week lol.

I'm not knocking tree growing at all. Just too slow, lower turn around and more space then I care to use is all.

@mrsgreenbuds these are pics of someone elses grow, not mine. If I was growing trees....this is EXACTLY how I would do it.
QveqEAb

E6dSzvU
32wzqv9
3JW03Fi

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well thats just it @ttystikk, plant numbers for me wasn't/isn't a concern or care. If I was gonna get pinched it didn't matter...I knew the Crown Attorney (I'm in Canada) was going to try to make an example out me....so I went all out. :)

It's not much work when ya think about it. 8 of these tube setups would have fit in my grow space. 8 week strain...once dialed I'm pulling 2lb a week...4 a month. All thats needed are 3 aerocloners with 100 cuts in each off each mom. 3 moms in total.

Takes me 2 hours to cut 300 clones, 15 minutes to fill each rig, 10 minutes to harvest a rig, half hour of cleaning said rig. Other then that it's just keeping rez's topped off. Not to much work for 2 bows a week lol.

I'm not knocking tree growing at all. Just too slow, lower turn around and more space then I care to use is all.

@mrsgreenbuds these are pics of someone elses grow, not mine. If I was growing trees....this is EXACTLY how I would do it.
View attachment 360698
View attachment 360699 View attachment 360700 View attachment 360701

Whoa, where did THOSE pics come from? How was that set up?

I think I see- it's an aisle of I'm guessing 600W bulbs? Very nice indeed!

It sounds like you have propagation of large numbers of clones nailed, then. That would simplify things.

Conceded that trees make for longer turnaround, I'm not sure I'll agree with all the rest though. Space is similar, although trees won't scale down too far.

As far as productivity and effort per unit weight, I'll get back to you on that- I plan to find out soon enough!

Last edited:
5th

5th

Those pics are a DTW coco setup.
@ttystikk just google images, stadium grow.

Heres a nice one.
21855Picture 041

Just shelving with plants on 'em.

Same can be done with just one row on each side...but the veg time would take awhile. More plants, larger yield.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Those pics are a DTW coco setup.
@ttystikk just google images, stadium grow.

Heres a nice one.View attachment 360702

Just shelving with plants on 'em.

Same can be done with just one row on each side...but the veg time would take awhile. More plants, larger yield.

Yield isn't determined by plant count, but by training and light and available room. Those are sweet pics, and they give me something to shoot for. I'm early on in the development process, I think there are lots of good ways to skin the vertical cat. Each one has its strengths. It's a fascinating education!

Reactions: 5th
M

mrsgreenbuds

@5th don't have a phone or camera in working condition, will try to get it up ASAP.

Your pics, look exactly what i want (awesome BTW), except i'm running RDWC, 2 isles back to back, 4x1000w, plants will be bigger up the wall.....

5th

5th

@ttystikk yeah man, other then the plant numbers bit, I agree 100%, always something new to try going vertical...just so many possibility's while increasing canopy size....I mean it really can't be beat as far as experimenting/learning.

@mrsgreenbuds It's all good mrs, you mentioned you bought your set up instead of making it so I'm assuming it came with predetermined lengths of pipe/hose and other fun things.

:) I get all excited n' shit when people are building grows just as much as growing in them. I'm actually half done a cab in my livingroom this very moment. Wanted a lil' cab for sexing clones and future breeding projects....so I'll get back at it.

Stay safe.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Building and experimenting with new approaches to
@ttystikk yeah man, other then the plant numbers bit, I agree 100%, always something new to try going vertical...just so many possibility's while increasing canopy size....I mean it really can't be beat as far as experimenting/learning.

@mrsgreenbuds It's all good mrs, you mentioned you bought your set up instead of making it so I'm assuming it came with predetermined lengths of pipe/hose and other fun things.

:) I get all excited n' shit when people are building grows just as much as growing in them. I'm actually half done a cab in my livingroom this very moment. Wanted a lil' cab for sexing clones and future breeding projects....so I'll get back at it.

Stay safe.

Building spaces and equipment for growing are my favorite part of the whole thing. I'll get as excited about the quality of the crop as it validates the design as much as others get excited about the crop itself!

patriots333

patriots333

so idk about 2 lights an that yield , I can tell ya by experience an lb an qp per light is realistic. thts 10 k 20 girls
Phn1 070
Phn1 060
Phn1 070

patriots333

patriots333

what strain was he growing , big bud , using quality hybrids it is a in expensive , good producing method..evan if u have 2 lights

Latest posts

Top Bottom