BIG BUDDHA BLUE CHEESE harvested, method and yield

• Thread starter lil ze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil ze

I harvested 4 bb blue cheese plants the other week and thought i would share the info as alot of people on this site dont tell u there final yield and also wanna know what people think of my method any suggestions would be appreciated. I grew 1 barneys blue cheese before wih the same set up and was really happy with final product, was really nice smokei veggeed that for abot 10 weeks and was massive when i flowered it i got 4oz from that dried and cured.so this time i went for the bb seeds.i can say the bb are a bit better but i think that the barneys was very close.it looked and smelt very similar to the bb .so heres what i used and done:

Bud box 1m sq, 600w hps , canna coco coir, canna coco a + b, cannazym, rhizotonic, pk13/14, boost & epsom salt

i wanted to try topping and other methods so what i done was
1 plant i topped it
1 plant i took off all the lower growth before flower
1 plant i only vegged for 1-2 weeks (7" tall)
1 planti didnt do anything to it.

I wanted to c what method has best yield and quality as i here so many different things.people kept saying to me that i dont need to veg for 7 weeks so i tryed vegging 1 for 1-2.

I started all 4 from seed and all germed, i vegged 3 of them for about 7 weeks till they were 15"-17" tall, and 1 for about 1-2weeks(7"tall)i started nutes about week into veg at 1ml coco a+b, 6ml rhizo per gallon.then bumped the coco weekly to 2ml then 4ml then 7ml. About week 2 i lower my rhizo to 2ml and start ading cannazym at 6ml, i keep the rhizo and cannazym at these measures throughout whole grow, apart from final 2 week flush.also about week 2-3 i add 1/4 teaspoon epsom salt if they look abit yellow, and only add it when i think they need it.
For flower i carry on at 7ml a+b, 2ml rhizo, 6ml cannazym, 6ml boost 2ml pk13/14 and epsom salt when needed

final yields dried and cured

the topped plant had 4 big juicy colas and weighed 2oz it was really nice smoke can taste both flavours and is a k.o

the plant i cut the lower growth from had loads of top buds that were fat no lower nuggets i got 2.5 oz, this also was a lovely smoke nice tasting can really taste both flavours and is a k.o

the plant that i didnt cut anything from had alot of wasted energy going to the bottom nuggets.it had allot of scragly bits and main cola was half size of others i got 1.5 oz from this and was not as nice smoke compared to the other plants but was still nice

the plant that got vegged for 1-2 weeks was the best tasting and smelling out of all 4 plants.i dont know if this was a special pheno lol or because it was so small all the energy goes to them few buds would love to know lol

i have tryed to put all the info i can about this grow if there is something u think i need to try or do next time please do tell me and also if i forgot anything jus ask.

S

SUPERBABY

I like your breakdown of all the growing factors and of the yield...

That is the best way to learn...compare and contrast..

nice post:)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

That was a great report! Thanks a lot! How much did you yield on the last one, the tiny one? Do you get different phenos from fem seeds? I have always been curious about that.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
interesting report, whats your conclusion then?

yezmar420

yezmar420

Great writeup...I've been toying with pruning/trimming also lately and am also starting to realize I wasted a lot of time not trimming those lower stems. I used to just let it do its natural thing..big mistake.

forknowledge

forknowledge

Based on this comparison if you were going to fill your cab with one single method which one would you choose?

L

lil ze

sanvan sorry i forgot to put small plant yield got about 16g dried and cured but this plant was super potent

if i was to do another grow i would prob top a few and cut lower growth off a few as i still wanna experiment more. but i no now for a fact that leaving the plants to grow without any cutting , prunnig etc wastes alot of energy on the little nuggs and the final taste is not as good as top buds.

L

lil ze

i also have barneys g13haze i have 2 plants i topped 1 and 1 i just cut lower growth 1-2 weeks before flower.i will also do a breakdown on this in about week.i can say at themoment the yields will be bigger then the blue cheese i estimate 3-4oz each plant.the topped plant does not smell like the other plant i defo have 2 different pheons , like i read about.the other plant is really hazy smelling mmmmmmmmm

L

lil ze

i harvested 2 g13 haze from barneys i used same growing method as with the blue cheese in the same tent. i let theg13 go till 11 weeks and they still could have done with more time.1 plant was topped and other 1 was trimmed before flower.the topped 1 never really had a potent smell to it, it smelt more like spices .the other plant was reallyhazey lemon like smell.i hung them both to dry for 4-5 days and jarred them up for the cure it has only been a few days in the jar but both of them jus dont seem to be top quality strains to me.i no u should cure longer so i am leaving it a few weeks to see what happens i hope that the hazey smelling plant starts to taste like the smell.the other plant jus seems like real bad pheno and dont think i will do g13 haze again.on the good side i did get 3.5oz from the topped plant and just under 3oz from the other 1.The reason i think i am not satisfied with the g13 is because the blue cheese was jus amazing couldnt ask for anything else, i dried that for 3-4 days jarred it for a day and started smoking it.this after 1 day cured was already so potent in taste and high as the days went by that sweet smell canme out even more.

M

mickyg 1stimer

why do you grow so small, think of your electric bill.
i was given 1 cloned blue-cheese from a friend and i thought what the hell, ill give it a whirl,
vegged for just over 2 months-with a 125w.
flowered for a little over 2 months with a 600w and grew a MonstA - when dried + cured i had just over 14oz - in hydro the skies the limit :) Sorry im a bit late putting my two penneth in now but hydro's the way to go bro!! cant get enough of the blue chee! 2nd time iv done it now.. gonna try pineapple chunk next time i think, after this coming winter, im sick of heating a room just for 2 plants.

hit me back sometime guys, its my first post :banana1sv6:

B

bluecheese

@mickyg 1stimer

just a quick question, are u saying that u got 14oz from one plant???

M

mickyg 1stimer

sorry ! i can only get to a comp once a weekish :( Yeah i was given a spare - grew her in veg for maybe 2 and a half months and flowered for just over 2 months, id post som pics but it wont let me.. i think its cos im still a trial user?? i let her bush out cos i only had one plant under a 600 to flower

C

cousin_ed

to the author: good job! im not flaming!

if your looking for more consistent results use 4 clones from the same mom.

none of the data you aquired about topping or removing growth is helpful at all because it was on 4 different phenotypes.

if your trying to aquire data about DIFFERENT training / growing techniques use all the SAME pheno.

nice attempt and results just not along the path of the scientific process.

M

minster

I harvested 4 bb blue cheese plants the other week and thought i would share the info as alot of people on this site dont tell u there final yield and also wanna know what people think of my method any suggestions would be appreciated. I grew 1 barneys blue cheese before wih the same set up and was really happy with final product, was really nice smokei veggeed that for abot 10 weeks and was massive when i flowered it i got 4oz from that dried and cured.so this time i went for the bb seeds.i can say the bb are a bit better but i think that the barneys was very close.it looked and smelt very similar to the bb .so heres what i used and done:

Bud box 1m sq, 600w hps , canna coco coir, canna coco a + b, cannazym, rhizotonic, pk13/14, boost & epsom salt

i wanted to try topping and other methods so what i done was
1 plant i topped it
1 plant i took off all the lower growth before flower
1 plant i only vegged for 1-2 weeks (7" tall)
1 planti didnt do anything to it.

I wanted to c what method has best yield and quality as i here so many different things.people kept saying to me that i dont need to veg for 7 weeks so i tryed vegging 1 for 1-2.

I started all 4 from seed and all germed, i vegged 3 of them for about 7 weeks till they were 15"-17" tall, and 1 for about 1-2weeks(7"tall)i started nutes about week into veg at 1ml coco a+b, 6ml rhizo per gallon.then bumped the coco weekly to 2ml then 4ml then 7ml. About week 2 i lower my rhizo to 2ml and start ading cannazym at 6ml, i keep the rhizo and cannazym at these measures throughout whole grow, apart from final 2 week flush.also about week 2-3 i add 1/4 teaspoon epsom salt if they look abit yellow, and only add it when i think they need it.
For flower i carry on at 7ml a+b, 2ml rhizo, 6ml cannazym, 6ml boost 2ml pk13/14 and epsom salt when needed

final yields dried and cured

the topped plant had 4 big juicy colas and weighed 2oz it was really nice smoke can taste both flavours and is a k.o

the plant i cut the lower growth from had loads of top buds that were fat no lower nuggets i got 2.5 oz, this also was a lovely smoke nice tasting can really taste both flavours and is a k.o

the plant that i didnt cut anything from had alot of wasted energy going to the bottom nuggets.it had allot of scragly bits and main cola was half size of others i got 1.5 oz from this and was not as nice smoke compared to the other plants but was still nice

the plant that got vegged for 1-2 weeks was the best tasting and smelling out of all 4 plants.i dont know if this was a special pheno lol or because it was so small all the energy goes to them few buds would love to know lol

i have tryed to put all the info i can about this grow if there is something u think i need to try or do next time please do tell me and also if i forgot anything jus ask.

Hi Lil ez

interesting comparision , thanks for sharing. I am wondering what the final size (tall) was on the plants vegged for 7 weeks and the one for two?

thanks

minster

I

IrishBoy

LST with lollipoping has always increase my yields pretty good. when topping they key sometimes depending on the strain is to cut around 2-3 nodes, this way you will get 4 big colas instead of allot of smaller ones. the more those colas are in the upper light the more grade A+ buds you get. lolipoping is also good for that, put that energy up top instead of the popcorn buds.

but LST always greats me good and allot less stress on my plants.

hope that can help you a little.

thanks for the great post

G

gruesome green

@ mickyg
dude i cant believe u got 14oz a plant. Im growing the same from seeds in hydro and coming to the end of my flowering expecting 3oz a plant. Care to share your method? Any help would be great.
sorry if i am late to this post.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

2 things,
1 is, your plant was 7 inches tall from seed in 2 weeks? wow. Or you also said 1 week of veg 7 inches tall. Id like to see that. In all seriousness. Thats amazing. Did you sprout under another light for a while then move to a larger light to veg? It takes 3 days usually to see a seed sprout. Your technically vegging in that period too.
2, i would also like to know how you pulled 14 oz off of a Blue cheese as in your medium and nutes used. Dont really care about measurements just the basics. Hydro? Soil? Organic? Drip? I have a 600 and barneys BC right now.

H

hgti

@ mickyg
dude i cant believe u got 14oz a plant. Im growing the same from seeds in hydro and coming to the end of my flowering expecting 3oz a plant. Care to share your method? Any help would be great.
sorry if i am late to thit.

I pulled 16 oz from 1 plant using 600watt with only 3 and a half weeks veg same strain lol I done this with a nft, supercroping and scrogg method

kaydeeze

kaydeeze

Grew 4 King kush plants in 20l buckets from clone veg for 4 weeks then flower for 10 weeks.
topped once in week 4 veg just before I flipped the light to 12/12
lollypop from start to finish in flowering. flushed for 2 weeks
hung and then dryed for 7days on put in to jars for 2 weeks.
RESULTS : 861 grams cured and dryed. I don't know how much per plant because I was half way through chopping before I realized maybe I could of weighed them individually but because they were all the same I was going for more of a mass yeild weight. First grow now bad I think.
600watt dual spec bulb
20litre buckets. (and I mean buckets )
Ionic range of nutrients
2x 6"inlet@carbon
I added a supplement light week 6 flower 125watt cfl red

20160604 201336
20160608 205434
20160614 211956

Latest posts

Top Bottom