Big Bummer for me this morning..

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Element4NorCal

Damn bro that's sucks bigtime, won't cooler temps be more likely to produce higher female rates or somethin like that....

We sprout our seeds at 65 to 70 to try and induce female sprouts and use the ambient light from a metal halide bulb in my veg room. We very rarely get males and have sprouted hundreds of seeds this way. We also keep the young sprouts in cooler temps for the first few weeks. It slows growth down but also gives higher percentage of females in my opinion.

R

Radio_Dread

Just trying to relate. I know it sucks to trash a bunch of plants that ate your food and lived under your roof sucking up space and all. :)

yeah dude that is what pisses me off. haha i hate it. but i dont have anywhere to safely house the males as of right now. so they had to go.

D

DoubleDub

Awww but radio dread the gang bang woulda been soo much better!! There's nothing like a ripe girl fertilized by a buncha dudes. man the babies you would get from that bitch! haha just playin

On a side note though aren't seeds sex determined genetically??? Im pretty sure changing the temp light spectrum nutrients etc.. will not affect the sex of a plant one little bit.

southstreets

southstreets

We sprout our seeds at 65 to 70 to try and induce female sprouts and use the ambient light from a metal halide bulb in my veg room. We very rarely get males and have sprouted hundreds of seeds this way. We also keep the young sprouts in cooler temps for the first few weeks. It slows growth down but also gives higher percentage of females in my opinion.

i have to agree with element.. planted my seeds in coco cups started'em outdoors the end of april.. outta 26 seeds planted 4 were males... i think the cooler temps def play a role!!! but good luck on the rest of your beans bro!!

O

Old HAGgler

maaaannnn just happened to me too man about 3 months ago. 8/9 KO's were male. would make sense seeing as it was HOT AS BALLS summertime.

R

Radio_Dread

Awww but radio dread the gang bang woulda been soo much better!! There's nothing like a ripe girl fertilized by a buncha dudes. man the babies you would get from that bitch! haha just playin

On a side note though aren't seeds sex determined genetically??? Im pretty sure changing the temp light spectrum nutrients etc.. will not affect the sex of a plant one little bit.

yeah i would have to agree with you on that. i have always tho that if it was going to be a male anyways genetically that lower temps cant change this. but to each his own i guess:damnhippie:

R

Radio_Dread

and on a side note i guess, over the past year i have been collecting alot of fine genetics in seed form, so i got over it pretty quick hah.

G

gudkarma

I have a container and a piece of styrofoam that can float in it without hitting the sides. I poke holes for the cutting stems to fit through. The holes are labeled 1 through 10. Then on a piece of paper I mark 1 to 10 and what strain each one is. I can use the same piece of styrofoam over and over.

Those little styrofoam plates that hamburger and stuff comes in... the pink ones make a good float.

When you use the float method the cuttings are always in the water even as the water level drops.

If you don't put something in like SM-90 to prevent rot or stink water just change the solution every couple days.

having a love of experimentation, i hereby declare your method on my "to do" list.

good lookin out.

R

Radio_Dread

i have actually been having some trouble with the Underdawg#1 germinating. they crack the ground and become seedlings then some of them just never develope any leaves. i do not use anything but plain water while germing and none of the other seeds have been doing thing. i wonder whats up

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

Sorry to hear about your misfortune RD, I know that shit has to suck!! I popped 2 seeds in mid july and they have just showed their female attributes:) I live in the south so the temps are easily 95-100 deg outside. Inside my "grow room" i know it hit easy 90s until i got a hygrometer and was able to watch it and better dial my temps in. Anyways grew them all the way from seeds and got 2/2 females.. Im just saying, I would think that sex would be genetically encripted. I do like the theory of lower temps = more females... but I guess I just need to read learn more about that or give it a try myself. I hope your shit gits poppin bro.

R

Radio_Dread

well i guess things are hopefully soon to be on the up and up. lets keep our fingers crossed for some lovely sexy females. i have about 6 more bout to hit the switch. 2 underdawg#1 made the cut, 2 white widow hydrids that are suppose to be kill (gifted from a close friend) who has had nothing but good to say about them. he has heen running them for years now. and a oldschool fem Northern Light (which was kill last time i ran it.) and its fem so i think im in the clear on that one. but you just never know. wish me luck fellow farmers.

Much love

RD:evilgrin0040:

Top Bottom