Big Indoor Grow (need Help From Experienced Farmers)

• Thread starter Merot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

notplayinn

nice that's tight. Never heard of success nutrients and yeah the pro mix is good no doubt all my Mexicans out here in California use it for the autoflower for the June harvest. They get 4-6 zips off each auto plant which is fuckin good. Most people only get about 2- 3 zips a plant from that ruderAlis shit haha They hoe it with regular dirt and plant from seed they notice a huge difference compared to regular soils. Isn't that the one that has peat? Pretty sure they sell it at Home Depot lol I wouldn't mind going soil again but for the strain I run its hard to get 4 unless it's jack or dream lol
I grew in soil for 4 years barely got on coco two years ago I love the shit for reals

but yeah I love that dirt grown taste better high and taste, I just get the yield and look and flavor as well but I prefer the soil grown to smoke on idk just me lol

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

Not playin is right though don't use Coco n soil it can f up your ph and cause deficiency

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

nice that's tight. Never heard of success nutrients and yeah the pro mix is good no doubt all my Mexicans out here in California use it for the autoflower for the June harvest. They get 4-6 zips off each auto plant which is fuckin good. Most people only get about 2- 3 zips a plant from that ruderAlis shit haha They hoe it with regular dirt and plant from seed they notice a huge difference compared to regular soils. Isn't that the one that has peat? Pretty sure they sell it at Home Depot lol I wouldn't mind going soil again but for the strain I run its hard to get 4 unless it's jack or dream lol
I grew in soil for 4 years barely got on coco two years ago I love the shit for reals

but yeah I love that dirt grown taste better high and taste, I just get the yield and look and flavor as well but I prefer the soil grown to smoke on idk just me lol
I typically use compost teas to achieve the taste from soils it works great and helps feed the plant

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

So lets say that i have done a lot of reserch and im ready to start my first big grow.(ive grown before but it was just one plant )
I am going to grow 30 plants in 10 gallon smart pots using a mix of organic soil and perlite (80%/20%)
So my questions are :
1.Is it gona be ok to use 8x 600W hdi-s
2.And can someone give me a good opinion on what nutrients should i use taking in mind that i am a beginner grower.

1 Pending on what size room you plan on growing plants and what size you plan on growing them .
2 look for a well rounded nutrient line one for vegging other for bloom stage

3 make sure you get room dialed in lights on and off good ventilation and pray to the grow gods :)
4 Good luck

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

1.Ty for the info, ill be reserching other soil mixes . I am not rushing it and trying to figure out every detail.
2.I have a decent size room and i can always cut the space with a fake wall. My question is if 8x 600W HDI-s are gona give enough light for 30 decent size plants (considering the 10 gallon smart pots)
I would either uprade to 1000 watt lights or lower pot size down to 7 gallon pots. Having almost 40 gallons of soil under a 600 watt light is serious over kill in my eyes. Too big of a pot wastes soil and fertilizer which means it costs you unnecessary money. I have pulled a # out of a 7 gallon pot with promix and house and garden nutrients.

M

Merot

I use HP pro mix with 25% perlite and pull 4 a light with success nutrients bro. I used Coco to start my journeys way long ago. Definitely prefer HP pro mix
I have considered using Pro mix but nobody sells it around my area and if i want to order it online its gona cost me too much . I am serching for something that is easy to work with (for a beginner) and i dont want it to cost me 1/5 of my budget .

M

Merot

I would either uprade to 1000 watt lights or lower pot size down to 7 gallon pots. Having almost 40 gallons of soil under a 600 watt light is serious over kill in my eyes. Too big of a pot wastes soil and fertilizer which means it costs you unnecessary money. I have pulled a # out of a 7 gallon pot with promix and house and garden nutrients.
I decided 10 gallon pots cuz i didnt really consider the space they take , ill probably go with 7 gallon . But im not sure if the plant are gona have enough space for roots in the 7 gallon ones. I am going for relatively big plants (around 2 meters in height at the end of harvest - at least i hope for them to be that big) and they will need serious root mass to get that big .
As for the lights i havr gone with my maximum ,if i upgrade to 1000w hdi-s ill be draining to much electricity and its gona be suspicious. Im trying to be as stealthy as possible .

M

Merot

I am gona go with coco coir and perlite mix (70%coco / 30% perlite).
As for nutes ill probably go with General Hydroponics flora series with General Hydroponics Calimagic because its easy for me to find them and it fits my budget . If someone has used this combo ill be happy to hear some experienced growers reviews.

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

I have considered using Pro mix but nobody sells it around my area and if i want to order it online its gona cost me too much . I am serching for something that is easy to work with (for a beginner) and i dont want it to cost me 1/5 of my budget .
Have you tried home depot?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I decided 10 gallon pots cuz i didnt really consider the space they take , ill probably go with 7 gallon . But im not sure if the plant are gona have enough space for roots in the 7 gallon ones. I am going for relatively big plants (around 2 meters in height at the end of harvest - at least i hope for them to be that big) and they will need serious root mass to get that big .
As for the lights i havr gone with my maximum ,if i upgrade to 1000w hdi-s ill be draining to much electricity and its gona be suspicious. Im trying to be as stealthy as possible .
For sure how big is the space you are trying to fill?

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Yup

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Stick your dick in the dirt for good luck. It always helps me. Coco retains to much moisture imo. Either run tables or pro mix. All the other shit they sell is fancy BS. I legit use miracle grow 12-4-8 in veg it's cheap and it's easy. I think silica is BS. Train your plants before flower. I run general hydro or grow more nutes. Canna is nice but the price is retarded idk if it's worth it. I mean all the lines will work. Front A&N to the gutter shit you weeding through the BS is the hard part. I always feed kelp and molasses in flower. I run powdered Kool bloom for the last 3 weeks at half. GL

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

General works fine. It's like the dunking donuts of growing. Then you got those people that like star bucks THE AN GROUP. Nothing against them but having 20 bottles of shit isn't worth it IMO. Then you have your truck stop coffee people like me. I run what is cheap it works the same to me.

Top Bottom