Big Kahuna vs Magnum XXXL

• Thread starter jimmygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimmygreen

Im interested in the Magnum XXXL with all the awesome reports I have read, but I have also come across the Big Kahuna from HTG. Does anyone have the Big Kahunas? If so, what is your opinion on them? Do they seal good? how is the spread?
Any help/info/advice is greatly appreciated.

I

ibTheMan

yah ,get the xxxls . i run the xxxl 6 just switched ah couple weeks ago. ocho's (xxxl 8) are bigger.

11 28 10 002
L

lucky14

yah ,get the xxxls . i run the xxxl 6 just switched ah couple weeks ago. ocho's (xxxl 8) are bigger.

Ib... are you running 1000's through those xxxl 8's an did you run 600's though the xxxl 6?? As i'm planning to run 600's through my xxxl 6 an worry that the light won't be that intense with such a big footprint.
Apologies for the slight diversion off topic

J

jimmygreen

I understand the xxxl are the ones to buy, but the big kahuna is the "knock off" of the magnum xxxl. I was curious if anyone has the kahuna and what their opinion is.
Also, anyone have the best price of the Magnum xxxl online. ive found them for 207.95 + shipping and was wondering if anyone has a better deal.
thanks

lollipopman

lollipopman

I have both, get the mag unless htg fixed the shipping problem for the kahuna, other than that they are about the same

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I ordered a Magnum XXXL 6 last night to go with a new Quantum 600w dimmable ballast. I'm gonna run the Super HPS from Hortilux in it. This is for a 5x5 Secret Jardin tent.

Your price doesn't seem too bad jimmygreen, I paid 266.25 with tax and shipping included. I'm pretty stoked to give them a shot as I feel it should perform well. I was also considering a Raptor reflector instead of the xxxl 6, but price was the deciding factor for me. The Raptor seems pretty legit, but cost like $40-$60 more then the xxxl 6. Though the Raptor only comes with 8" ports, for now, they are working on putting out a 6"er as well. I guess it's what your looking to accomplish. I wanted quality at a reasonable price so I choose the XXXLs. Best of luck on your shopping search for a new hood.

Cheers,
Crom

I

ibTheMan

I run xxxl 6's with digital 1000w ers. like the 6's better(not as big) Paid $630 otd for all 3 at local hydro shop w/15% discount.

Top Bottom