Bigger buds

• Thread starter Reedster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reedster

Reedster

Good morning all,
I’m on about my 10th grow I do very well but I don’t get near the quality, density or size of other growers I know? I’m curious I’ve been told before some people grow without bringing fresh air into their tent?
I’ve also heard some people run their exhaust back into the tent?
That seems a bit odd, but? I guess it just takes time, questions
And most definitely trials!!!!

Bigger buds 2
Bigger buds 3
Last edited:
B

bloodeye

I vent my exhaust into the dehumidifier and the low humidity exhaust from that is vented back into the tent. I also use the water from the dehumidifier from time to time. First time grower.

Reedster

Reedster

I live in Las Vegas Nevada so we don’t have a big problem with to much humidity,
when it gets to dry and it does get dry in the desert lol. I put a humidifier in the tent

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Welcome to the farm!

I think a discussion of lights and nutrition would be helpful.

I’m on about my 10th grow I do very well but I don’t get near the quality, density or size of other growers I know?
Okay.

I’m curious I’ve been told before some people grow without bringing fresh air into their tent?
I don't run my exhaust continuously. It triggers when the temperature hits 80º. The heater triggers at 76º with a 2º buffer. The plants grow well.

Plants transpire (take in CO2 and release O2) when the lights are on and respire (take in O2 and release CO2) when the lights are off. So, they affect their own environment.

I’ve also heard some people run their exhaust back into the tent?
That seems a bit odd, but? I guess it just takes time, questions
I don't. My tents exhaust into the room.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I live in Las Vegas Nevada so we don’t have a big problem with to much humidity,
when it gets to dry and it does get dry in the desert lol. I put a humidifier in the tent
I use humidifiers in all my tents because the house air conditioning lowers the humidity in my grow room. The humidifiers are controlled by AC Infinity Controller 69 Pros. IMO, a good environment controller is a must have. Here's an example pic of the home screen.

Reedster

Reedster

Welcome to the farm!

I think a discussion of lights and nutrition would be helpful.

Okay.

I don't run my exhaust continuously. It triggers when the temperature hits 80º. The heater triggers at 76º with a 2º buffer. The plants grow well.

Plants transpire (take in CO2 and release O2) when the lights are on and respire (take in O2 and release CO2) when the lights are off. So, they affect their own environment.

I don't. My tents exhaust into the room.

B

Bdubs

The key here is light distance. Lower intensity and get lights closer. Lights at max distance brings stretch and wider mode spacing and wider foliage growth.

smaller light distance, lower intensity on your dimmer. If you give maximum light and proper distance, you limit stretch. You achieve less stretch and tighter mode spacing. Your leafs grow tighter to the main stem as well and give better coverage.

B

Bdubs

Try 50% at 24” next grow in veg. Dont adjust light up until you see the leaf edges curl up and pray, 2 days or so after, check youe light distance, adjust it up to maintain 24”.

It wont disappoint. You’ll get it, good luck to you sir.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yeah, I don’t know a whole lot about controlling my system with my new A/C infinity controller
I think there's a steep learning curve on those. They work great, though.

I think I have everything I need? I use AC Infinity products as well as mars Hydro lights….
As far as nutrients I am using general hydroponics.
Looks good.

They look stretched, which can be a light issue. How old are they? It looks like they started alternating branches early, but I can't see the lower part of the plant very well. That's a sign of maturity. Were they grown from seed?

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Agreed.

Also might consider discussing pruning, training and mainlining methods if you’re looking for bigger colas.

Reedster

Reedster

The key here is light distance. Lower intensity and get lights closer. Lights at max distance brings stretch and wider mode spacing and wider foliage growth.

smaller light distance, lower intensity on your dimmer. If you give maximum light and proper distance, you limit stretch. You achieve less stretch and tighter mode spacing. Your leafs grow tighter to the main stem as well and give better coverage.
Yeah, I let them grow way too tall but I swear they grew overnight. It was crazy but yeah I cant get the light up any higher so I’m stuck with what I got.
I did lower the intensity, and they seem to be happier!

Reedster

Reedster

Try 50% at 24” next grow in veg. Dont adjust light up until you see the leaf edges curl up and pray, 2 days or so after, check youe light distance, adjust it up to maintain 24”.

It wont disappoint. You’ll get it, good luck to you sir.
Thank you very much for the advice😀

Reedster

Reedster

Looks good.

They look stretched, which can be a light issue. How old are they? It looks like they started alternating branches early, but I can't see the lower part of the plant very well. That's a sign of maturity. Were they grown from seed?
No, they were clones….

Reedster

Reedster

Looks good.

I definitely let them stretch way too much. They grew very fast and I just wasn’t paying enough attention so it’s my fault for sure.

Reedster

Reedster

The shorter plants look awesome. They’re small, but mighty and they really love these 80 watt strip lights.

Reedster

Reedster

I wanted to upload a video but I was unable to?
Does anybody know why I can’t upload pictures or videos?

M

MyTerpyGarden

why ain't u toppin for thicker branches?
lst, hst, main lining.. thicker branches thickers buds
and what about nutrition? what kind of light are u using led? led needs extra Ca Mg and Si for cellular wall thicknes!!
nice plants :)

Reedster

Reedster

Yeah, I didn’t top them? I don’t know why I didn’t. I guess I forgot? That’s embarrassing!
I didn’t put enough thought or effort into this grow, and this is the first time….
Far as nutrients, I’m using general hydroponics at half recommended on the bottle. I’m also using General hydroponics cal- Mag at 1 teaspoon per gallon.
I have a mars Hydro 300 watt that I’m running at 55% now, I was running it at 65% and the plants did not like that because of course they’re way too tall!
I wish I could send a video but I can’t seem to figure it out? I have four short plants on the side of my tent that im using a 80 watt strip light set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom