Bio-insecticides Pfr-97

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

Akari looks like overall the best stuff since it kills all three stages. $145 is not bad to kill broad mites and cyclamen mites.

Those pests are my worst fear! You get a clone and hit it with AVID, then the eggs hatch on you and your are f-ed.

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@nightmarecreature Again, It's the sames species. Isaria is paecilomyces fumosoroseus. You can also look in to nofly. The mode of action requires higher RH and a few days to work.

Foliar pack equivalent to:

Met52
Botaniguard
NoFLy
Gnatrol
Photosynthesis plus
Serenade

So yeah it may be a little more expensive to buy the one item but try buying all of them and see where your wallet is at in comparison. Anyway... No offense taken man you are entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to call it bullshit and garbage and say the spores are all dead... trust me they are not. Just mix it with a little water and scope them. I used conserve based on your recommendation and it did not work for me, but I don't recall talking shit about it. It just didn't work for me. Same with the root product you hyped. Did the side by sides and saw no difference when cloning in rockwool. Doesn't mean it doesn't work for you though. To each their own.

EDIT: The product you are referencing has 1 billion spores per gram and the foliar pack has 5 billion, of the same species, plus 5 billion CFU of each of the above listed actives.

I wouldn't waste your money if the OG BIOWAR didn't work for you. Probably too low of an RH in the high desert.

Carry on.

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

@nightmarecreature Again, It's the sames species. Isaria is paecilomyces fumosoroseus. You can also look in to nofly. The mode of action requires higher RH and a few days to work.

Foliar pack equivalent to:

Met52
Botaniguard
NoFLy
Gnatrol
Photosynthesis plus
Serenade

So yeah it may be a little more expensive to buy the one item but try buying all of them and see where your wallet is at in comparison. Anyway... No offense taken man you are entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to call it bullshit and garbage and say the spores are all dead... trust me they are not. Just mix it with a little water and scope them. I used conserve based on your recommendation and it did not work for me, but I don't recall talking shit about it. It just didn't work for me. Same with the root product you hyped. Did the side by sides and saw no difference when cloning in rockwool. Doesn't mean it doesn't work for you though. To each their own.

EDIT: The product you are referencing has 1 billion spores per gram and the foliar pack has 5 billion, of the same species, plus 5 billion CFU of each of the above listed actives.

I wouldn't waste your money if the OG BIOWAR didn't work for you. Probably too low of an RH in the high desert.

Carry on.

PFR-97 is cheaper than OGBiowar. VAM Bioag is 2.2lbs $40 shipped. The VAM worked much better for me than the Root and Nute packs during testing. I use what works for me and those work AWESOME!

I had my humidity at 70%,80%,90% for weeks, to no avail. I used a humidifer. My vegging plants are indoor. I know Biowar has BT in but it did not work. Gnatrol has BT and it worked for me right away. I also used each as a soil drench, only the Gnatrol worked. Gnatrol must be a higher concentration. I used the Gnatrol at 1tsp for 5 gallons. The Biowar, I used @ 5 tablespoons,1tablespoons,2tablespoons and 1,2 teaspoons. The Biowar and Gnatrol might have the same ingredients but they are not the same. It's like comparing Oreo's with the off brand Oreo's, just not quite the same.

Never said the spores are dead. I said dead spores count toward the final count, which is true.

I will try the PFR-97, it's cheap. I'll test it out on bugs. If it works, I'll say it works, if not, I will say it was a waste of money.

This is what I use and this is what works for me.
Thrips,Spider mites, Root Aphids, Gnat fliers: Conserve SC (Dead the very next day, no second treatment needed)
Broadmites, Cyclamen mites: Avid (Ordering Akari 5SC)
Gnat larva: Gnatrol

Costs me $390 shipped for everything I use and some of it has expired and it's still working. Should last me 5 years. Being bug free is priceless to me. The only thing I use is the Conserve SC, everything else sits in the box, best to be prepared.

Gnatrol

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

Back to Bio-pesticides and Chemical pesticides.

Here's some good info on how to use them. Use a wetting agent like Coco-wet.

AVID: Application: Seven-day interval; two to three applications, then rotate.
AVID 1.2ml per gallon (Mites All species)
AKARI 7ml per gallon (Mites All species) Seven-day interval; two to three applications, then rotate.

12 hour re-entry AVID,AKARI

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

The conserve SC an the gnatrol is a winning combination these are the two products that I will always keep in my stable period! The conserve SC has been used bye many of my friends an others that shared the same success stories! So I find it hard to believe when people say that it doesn't work for them!! Not to mention my uncle who is a commercial farmer here in mi that swears bye this product to protect he fruits and vegetables from nasty pests!

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

PFR-97 sounds like a good product but I dont think any biological control agent that takes 4-5 days to work will do much for mites, it will kill them at the same speed there replicating which is why you dont see a over night wipeout with OG Biowar. Your still going to want a nock down product like spinosad or pyrethrum.

I didnt think people were still using Avid when theres safer less toxic options that also kill eggs and work for several weeks so you dont need several applications like Forbid F4. For veg only !

Last edited:
realeyes

realeyes

Hey bud OG BIOWAR foliar pack has the same shit as Met52 and PFR-97. Isaria is the same as Paecilomyces. Sorry you didn't have any luck with it. There certainly are a lot of people who do. I am sure that OG BIOWAR will give you a full refund on your purchase if you feel like it didn't work. If you like you can take the foliar pack and mix it with a little water and put it under the scope to see all the live cultures in action. Sorry it didn't work for you but I have seen first hand the damage it has done to RA, fungus gnats, powdery mildew, grasshoppers, and whitefly. Never had BM so I can't comment on those although I have heard of many people using it with success. Doesn't work for me that well on mites either but mites aren't really a big deal when you compare them to RA or BM.

just like you have the same bacteria as photosythsis plus?
you proved in the quantum light thread your a liar ....

smokie

smokie

Og bio war has Nothing on Gnatrol for fungas gnats.

The talc powder in Biowar takes out a few of the larvae but thats about it.

realeyes

realeyes

He maybe a liar ?
I know you're a asshole :punch: !!! Thanks for replying

thanks thats what i expect from a Guy like you ...lol...it was the photosynthesis plus thread started by babbaG

link: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/that-smell.50305/
its funny but i know his stuff populates roots but it aint all that.... look at the PPG VS dragonfly earth medicine ....
View attachment 530153Image 2
just some greenhouse weed ...
i like big time enzymes "exterminator" product for soft bodied incests and beneficial bugs for all others .... much respect for starting a bio pest control thread
ihave great results from bioag VAM+ and the fulvic man that stuff and some nitro aminos outdoors BOOM!! .Durban 2014

Last edited:
B

blotter

Sorry for bumping this thread, but does anyone know if PFR controls powdery mildew? First time having PM, trying to put together a gameplan. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Z

Zilla

did some research - seems you have to have high humidity (80%) for this product to be effective - doesn't seem like a preventive - more of a control and I didnt see anything about cyclamens or root aphids

http://www.7springsfarm.com/content/PFR97Label.pdf

The 80% humidity the label is referring to is at the leaf surface, which is inherently higher humidity. This equivalent is around 40-50% ambient humidity in you room...perfectly achievable for this purpose.

B

Burned Haze

I wanted to use this product for root aphids , anyone since this thread has been made has gotten any new results ? I would love to buy some since the cost factor sounds interesting for what I've heard about it .

E

EYE1DER

Yes I'd like to know as well if the pfr works as a root drinch as a prevention against root aphids.
I didn't have much luck with the og biowar packs.

T

Toomp

I couldn't find an insecticide forum, so I thought this would be the best place.

This Bio-insecticide PFT-97 is very expensive but it controls and kills just about every pest. I don't have bugs but I'm always looking for a preventative, this stuff looks like a one size fits all killer and it's organic to boot!
It even controls the cyclamen mite and broad mite. It kills everything, thrips, aphids, every pest I can think of. Once every two week in a pump sprayer and I would be golden.

It's even available in California now. Has anyone used this stuff in their garden? I'm seriously thinking about ordering some.

Here's some cool info on it.
http://extension.psu.edu/plants/veg...ticides-for-vegetable-and-small-fruit-growers

Please don't even mention Ogbiowar, it did nothing for EVERY single bug I faced, including fungis gnats, Gnatrol took care of them.
Did it work?

Tnelz

Tnelz

The only preventative for root aphids is to not come into contact with them. However they are not a common occurance so I'd consider them last if ur having issues. The 1 thing u can use to make sure if u do come into contact with them is met 52. Its organic and it kills them. U can add it to ur soil before transplant and this way if they come they will die. The only other effective killer I've found is merit 75. Not at all organic but it got rid of my issue and I never saw them again. Also caps foliar pack does kill them and will somewhat deter them but isn't enough for a bad infestation imo. Sometimes what works for 1 person dosent work for another. So to say it dosent kill them isn't true. But it dosent kill all of them in my experience.

Top Bottom