BirdDog's "Straight-Dank"

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Oh man, I have been waiting for this time since I started growing. Since the beginning, I have been focused on breeding, and talent selection. I have been reading this thread, and other breeding threads for years. This is my calling, I will tell you right now. I have always been good at talent selection, and now I can apply this skill to this very special plant that has changed my life to the positive in every way. It is an honor to begin an apprenticeship in the breeding section here at the farm, I am a big fan of the breeders doing work and sharing data. I humbly request your advice and guidance throughout the journey. :)

I have spent most of my time as a farmer seeking elite females. I got bit my the bug right away. Man, for years and years I couldn't leave the shop without getting one of each new strain that came into the clubs. I'm sure most of the peeps in this thread suffered form the same addiction. In turn, I ran a multiple strain room for years. My yield was always shit and I didn't care, I was fully addicted to finding the "best of the best". All of my buddies ran single strain rooms, and advised me to do the same but I just couldn't.....I couldn't do it. I needed to see every strain, and multiple versions.

Since, I have ran hundreds of strains. Of once a room that contained an insane amount of different genetics, I have narrowed it down to 3. As a new bad ass bitch comes along, she knocks the bottom bitch out. Here is my lineup:

Green Crack
Girl Scout Cookies
Alien Rock Candy (Recently knocked out a Bubba that was in the rotation for 3 years)

These girls are my current rotation, but I am always testing and very glad to actually being able to participate in the evolution of elite genetics.

My first project:

I prefer tons of data, and Alien Genetics provided me enough to give them a shot. I selected Tahoe Alien and Alien Rock Candy as possible male candidates. Tahoe Alien was an easy choice as it's their flagship, and ARC was chosen because it was recommended by the breeder. I ran em' and ARC was clearly the quality that I was looking for in a male. ARC is bad ass shit, best seed I have ever sowed. I used males from the TA and ARC to pollinate one of each of the females I had at the time. The males were grown full term, and I kept all of them until they started producing pollen. The male selection was documented in my "Tahoe Alien" thread in Alien Genetics. I selected them based on their overall quality, health, smell, height, thickness, strength and node spacing.

I produced 10+ crosses in this chuck fest. I had space to run 3 and decided to start with the ARC male kin, and the females in my top 3 at the time.

ARC (m) x Green Crack (f)
ARC (m) x Girl Scout Cookie (f)
ARC (m) x Blackberry Kush (f)

These 3 crosses are currently being taken to F2.

They are in week 3 of flower and the males have been selected. Here are some pics:

I found a male and female that were identical (ARC x GSC), so this hybrid will be my focus for this thread. My goal with this strain is to select the OG phenos and further their quality. The OG in this strain is absolutely elite in every way. Since I haven't seen either parent, this will take a couple tries unless I get lucky. Please let me know if you have first hand knowledge of GSC genitics. As far as I know it's F1 Durban x S. Florida OG. Since the future parents (pictured below) are very similar, I am hoping they are either OG dom, or Durban dom.....50/50. If this looks like Durban, please let me know ASAP!!!:

Birddogs straight dank

Shots of this beauty female ARC x GSC:

Birddogs straight dank 2

Birddogs straight dank 3

A shot of the male:

Birddogs straight dank 4

I will continue to update with pictures, and would greatly appreciate your participation. If you would like to see pics of the other hybrids I listed that will be taken to F2, just let me know!

Take care my friends,

BirdDog

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Ok, update time. Not too much going on at the moment. The goal for my GSC x ARC cross is pure quality, the project is aimed 100% at creating a hybrid superior to the parents in the "high". Flower time, yield, easy trim, ease of growing etc. are not concerns.

With the GC x ARC and BK x ARC, this will be my commercial project.....straight cash cropper. My focus is to keep the flower time short and blend the flavors of the parents together. BK and GC are 45 day strains. It will be hard to improve the green crack as IMO this strain is complete in every way. This will most likely end up a BX project. Now the blackberry kush needs improvement. She is a beauty in the bag and smells just as good but the smoke sucks balls. She needs at least 3 months to cure before the bitter wears off, and even after cure the taste is not rich. She does smoke nice and smooth after a proper cure but there isn't that "dayum, that tastes good" aspect. Blackberry kush is a prime example that most people buy what looks/smells good, quality of smoke comes 3rd. In both strains, I intend to improve the yield so I will be paying close attention to the girls that use all of the soil in the pot and really work hard to produce. I want people to be able to drop this seed in a 1 gallon pot, start 12/12 from jump, and pull at 2 zips every 45 days.

A couple random shots:

GSC mother leaf on the left, cross on the right...
DSC00750

Group shot:
DSC00753

Couple of twin GSC x ARC.
DSC00754

Leading BK x ARC:
DSC00757

Leading GC x ARC:
DSC00755

Leading GSC x ARC:
DSC00756

Some shots of the girls with the node spacing i'm after:
DSC00759

DSC00760

DSC00761

DSC00762

As far as pruning, I leave the two sets of fan leaves at the top of the main stalk and take the rest as the plant grows.

Be back soon!

DSC00758
M

Mightyka

Hi man!
Can't wait to see the result of Tahoe Alien x GSC (love your photo of GSC from alien thread)!

I'm selecting Tahoe alien right now and have one great looking male pheno. I plan to pollinate oldschool cut of Jack Herer with it. Can't wait :).
Good luck with your project!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Hi man!
Can't wait to see the result of Tahoe Alien x GSC (love your photo of GSC from alien thread)!

I'm selecting Tahoe alien right now and have one great looking male pheno. I plan to pollinate oldschool cut of Jack Herer with it. Can't wait :).
Good luck with your project!

That's the cross that i'm most interested in also. JH x TA would be interesting, they are very different so it should make a nice hybrid. Good luck, and welcome.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Ok folks, I have a question. The Blackberry kush x ARC male I selected has started looking a little different. I'm worried that it could be a true herm.

Here is the top:
DSC00766

But def a male...:
DSC00768

Here is a pic of the top of the male GSC x ARC for comparison:
DSC00769

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

No need to worry bro males sometimes tend to throw long hairs making it look like females those are truly males

Right on brother Cheese, thanks for the quick response. I was worried. That male was the clear standout, easily the top pick. I have already culled the other males, that would have sucked to have to start over with the blackberry cross F2. I will def be keeping 2 males from now on just in case.

Top Bottom