BKs Bean Popping & Chucking Adventure

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Nice. I miss working with full sized blueberry plants. The ones at my dad's house are like 30 years old and kick ass. All about cutting away any new nodes that isn't vertical growing. Otherwise they droop and touch the ground. Along with pruning old canes out. You gotta do it.

Have you worked with any dwarf berry plants? They are so lovely to work with.

Raspberry shortcake is a thornless dwarf. She's my baby. On year 4. Makes for moving to new locations easier.
I think I have one that is a dwarf or one that stays smaller. It is one I bought from Lowes that is called strawberry lemonade I believe. At least it isn't growing vertical like the high bush ones. I am new to blueberries. I planted them two years ago and 1st winter the rabbits ate them to the ground lol Thankfully they came back. Heres a picture of my PeeGee hydrangea tree I trained. Its a work in progress. Wish it would grow taller faster. It must me indica dominant hahaha
20200320 144050

bunkerking

bunkerking

Beautiful job on the pruning / shaping. :) looks clean.

No sleep for me. Nose is acting up but not like God awful. Really should visit the doctors again for another try at fixing it. Just all kinds of madness with the virus.

Loving these color. Still planning on late Sunday for chop chop.

IMG 20200321 034634
bunkerking

bunkerking

Is this virus shutdown over?

Cleaned up mku abit. Starting to take shape. Still gotta shape the branches and prune heavily. But still way easier this way with fimming upper branches asap, and just removing lower branches.

IMG 20200321 093735
IMG 20200321 093612
bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh no. The massive surge in online orders has overwhelmed usps.

My seeds are in the mail but it's not posting a date or location. It's just somewhere.... eeep. I know it's most like the virus messing up shipping but.. eeeep. Hope they make it and not crushed or something.

Shoot.. hope they make it Monday.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Nothing new just more fall colors.

After I dropped the lights to 10/14. It's just started packing on the weight. Figured it wouldn't and just ripen faster. This works too.
This is the first I have heard of switching from 12/12 to 10/14? What is the purpose or desired effect of this? You thought it should ripen or finish faster but it's still loading up? Pray tell. 😎

bunkerking

bunkerking

This is the first I have heard of switching from 12/12 to 10/14? What is the purpose or desired effect of this? You thought it should ripen or finish faster but it's still loading up? Pray tell. 😎

Could be the bonemeal or just the right time of its life.

Well. Days get shorter as winter comes. Its just telling the plant hey you are almost out of time. Finish up.

I was told it would help finish earlier and amber out faster if you do.

Ive noticed the weight appeared to really pack on during it.

You get less growing time, but should finish sooner.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Wow I have like... Nothing to do in the garden now lol. The babies only need water like once every 7-9 days currently.

Idk I may just run a 3-2-1 or so from down to earth. Just amend the soil late veg and let it just do its thing. Already gonna have a bunch of soil microbes at the time. Plus I can be even lazy. Not stress so much about my friends garden and feeding it.

I do also have a bottle of growbig for soil I can use... maybe. If things run out at the end.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Wow I have like... Nothing to do in the garden now lol. The babies only need water like once every 7-9 days currently.

Idk I may just run a 3-2-1 or so from down to earth. Just amend the soil late veg and let it just do its thing. Already gonna have a bunch of soil microbes at the time. Plus I can be even lazy. Not stress so much about my friends garden and feeding it.

I do also have a bottle of growbig for soil I can use... maybe. If things run out at the end.
I like how you mentioned watering only once every 7-9 days. That seems unfathomable to people growing anything really lol lets the rookies see the success of such water regimen. Ideally one wants to water when top couple inches of soil is dry. I need to set my cloth pots on some egg crate and get them off the bottom of the saucer.!

bunkerking

bunkerking

I like how you mentioned watering only once every 7-9 days. That seems unfathomable to people growing anything really lol lets the rookies see the success of such water regimen. Ideally one wants to water when top couple inches of soil is dry. I need to set my cloth pots on some egg crate and get them off the bottom of the saucer.!

Doesn't need any. Anytime I saturate the pot. It's 2 or 3 days before there is enough oxygen for stuff to start happening. Keeping it not saturated, but not bone dry is the goal. Anything in that zone is happy time.

As they get older and heal from the transplant. Yah it will be more often.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I once was a strong advocate of fabric pots indoor. Now I suggest nobody does it. It messes up the drying and gets a build up at the bottom from no holes. Imo.

Outdoors though. Fabric or die lol.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Think I have decided what to use this year. When the plant starts eating up the FFOF nutes.

A Tad high on P but thats just because its fish bonemeal, (cal phos), and rock phos. Its not like its instantly available to the plant anyways. Its cheap, and i dont want to make my friend deal with mixing up nutes. Its just not gonna go well....

Not saying anything bad. Its just he wont know better and make a bunch of mistakes. This way its really just making sure he doesnt over water it. Make it simple. I will make him use dechlorinator though.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Think I have decided what to use this year. When the plant starts eating up the FFOF nutes.

A Tad high on P but thats just because its fish bonemeal, (cal phos), and rock phos. Its not like its instantly available to the plant anyways. Its cheap, and i dont want to make my friend deal with mixing up nutes. Its just not gonna go well....

Not saying anything bad. Its just he wont know better and make a bunch of mistakes. This way its really just making sure he doesnt over water it. Make it simple. I will make him use dechlorinator though.

Way low on K. K is used more than even nitrogen. And the high P can lock out the rest.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Do you think:

Derived from:

Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Langbeinite, Potassium Sulfate, Alfalfa Meal and Kelp Meal

would be better then?

Its 6 -2 -4

8% cal though.

Could add Epson salt to bump up mag too. open to other suggestions for products. Just amendments only. please.

Maybe we should just run grow big as I know it better.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

Yisssss. Getting abit more amber. I know I said today but... would like abit more amber. Plus it's still a tad green at the bottom. Ughh. Maybe 24 hours? I hate this part lol.

Usbcamera20200322195211
Usbcamera20200322195350
Usbcamera20200322195523
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So (n)up (p)down and (k)all around eh?

Always learning. Open to suggestions to keep it simple for my buddy and i. You know FFOF well. I'd appreciate it.

What i use is 3-2-4

3-1-4 matches the tissue samples of cannabis more closely. All the way through flowering.

But many ratios work. If the plants stretch too much that is a good indicator of low K.

Latest posts

Top Bottom