Black Cherry Bliss grow journal

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

So what happens is that they replace the line up with something else and they discontinue/ discount the product. Happened with bell bicycle tubes. Went from $6 to $1. All the flippers bought them up. I just asked my lady to check because she’s there for these fans. Fun fact the biden administration has just gone after ceiling fans I think about a week ago?

They outlawed some incandescent bulbs I had ordered from Home Depot and it was like 30 days. The depot canceled my order and pulled them from the shelves the same day it was announced. Walmart sells it off cheap instead.
I thought that might be the case, hate to see these fans go but I sure loved getting 6 for less than I’ve paid for 2 in the past

Lockebox

Lockebox

So far so good. Have some funkiness goin on with plant ‘d’ but I’m hoping it’s just from stress and grows out of it.
IMG 1562
IMG 1560

A
IMG 1561
IMG 1559

D
IMG 1564
IMG 1558

B

Bdubs

I use the SF4000 light and 50% intensity is max for veg. At 50% I got some intensity curl just changing light sources from veg to flower room and I was a good 28-30” from the plant. It took a good week and a half for the plant to stop curling but never went back flat as trichome production got them praying. I increased intensity after that week and a half, waited a half week and then pushed intensity up with triggering flower. She is all good and healthy. I think you are good, fix it 😊

B

Bdubs

Be mindful that there are other reasons you may begin curling. But I notice it is more so at the top leafs only and I also see some twisting as well. It may also just be from heat stress.

Lockebox

Lockebox

The lights on 50% about 2’ away and I’ve slowly worked it up from 30%. The temp around canopy level is 83°.

The issue began upon transplanting. If it is light stress, it seems to have worked through it already as the new growth is coming In normal.

More so than light, i believed the issue to be related to RH, wind speed and transpiration.

But like I said everything’s looking okay now on the new growth and will hopefully fill in soon.

Only thing id really be concerned about is mites but I’ve already sprayed sulfur and haven’t seen any other signs of anything.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Just flipped the lights, tomorrow makes day 1 of flower.

Decided to try out the 11/13 light cycle, Been hearing interesting stuff about it so figured I’d see what’s up.
IMG 1697

Also did some tying with selective defoliation on the big’un.

Before
IMG 1702
IMG 1699

After
IMG 1707
IMG 1704

Left this one alone for now, she’s coming around.
IMG 1700

Lockebox

Lockebox

Day 4 of flower
IMG 1768
IMG 1767
IMG 1764

Experimenting with spinosad on this one tonight to knock down some gnats. They’re not bad but I don’t want to let them get worse.
Root drench following manufacturers application rates mixed with recharge, let’s see how it goes
IMG 1765

B

Bdubs

The only constant I’ve been able to find is that your harvest will come faster but you’ll lose overall yield.

Let’s see how she does. But without a 12/12 growing in exact conditions and same time and seed, I am not sure we will be able to prove a lot by not having something to compare.

But I am in for the ride.

B

Bdubs

I think the main idea is that with reduced light gives less chance to grow taller to reach it resulting in less height and upward growth.

Longer veg could counter
Higher intensity which may require increased CO2 could counter

A plant basically stores boxes from photosynthesis and unpacks at night. The plant will only be able to unpack boxes it has stored. So, if the plant doesn’t get enough light to unpack over extended nights, it must stop night time production at a certain point. And that brings you to wondering if you need to counter the reduced light with intensity and CO2 to create a higher photosynthesis process during light hours.

So I think it brings another question that if you have a indica with large fan leaves, or Sativa with small leaves, does that also play into the plants needs of light time before it affects its photosynthesis over a period of time. Would you want more veg time to have more coverage to take advantage of the shortened photosynthesis. Which indica tends to grow in areas where light times may be reduced or have periods of shade during the day in their indigenous habitat. Which is a big contributing factor to its larger leafs to take advantage of shorter light times. So indicas may not need 12 hours of light as they grow short anyways, putting more energy to leaf size than height growth.

But is that reduced light counter productive I suppose is the main question everyone has.

There are a lot of things to consider.

B

Bdubs

If we have reduced upward growth I could only then assume less nodes and less yield to follow. Hence vegging longer to counter yield reduction claims.

I think you’ll have a potent stash out of this grow. At the cost of yield.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Day 7 of 11/13 last night.

One plants absolutely crushing it, one’s still having issues.
IMG 1850
IMG 1851
IMG 1854
IMG 1856

Lockebox

Lockebox

I’m really not too sure what the issue is for the one plant.

It’s all over not just the top so it’s not light I don’t think. The max temp has been 82 but closer to 78 lately so it’s not heat. I don’t mess with ph I rely on my soil and microbes to handle that so I wouldn’t think that’s the problem, especially with the other plant same conditions crushing it.

I’m thinking at this point it’s nutrient related somehow, maybe the soil was too hot for that pheno?
Rh has been between 45&50% and I plan to taper down as flowers form.

Gonna keep eyes on it and proceed with caution, any tips would be appreciated!

Lockebox

Lockebox

Didn’t get before pics but here’s the after.

Watered, lollipoped and defoliated the healthy one tonight. Day 14 of 11/13
IMG 1982
IMG 1979
IMG 1980

Lockebox

Lockebox

Rough night in the garden yesterday . Decided to kill off the sick one, turned out to be root rot I believe from the looks of things.

Then on inspection of the other, I found some nuts popping out. I Plucked about 30 or so balls, all off the top 4 branches and the shoots coming off of them.

I’m guessing it’s related to the pruning I did Sunday, maybe no more will pop out we’ll see.

On a positive note though, the plant is raging despite everything else and I started increasing light intensity last night. It’s at 55% now and will slowly work up over the next few weeks then back down.
IMG 2020
IMG 2021
IMG 2002
IMG 2001
IMG 1997

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Everyone feeling alright on Saturday morning 🍻
View attachment 2050020
Come forth tops 🌱View attachment 2050018
Gonna keep vegging atleast a little longer.
Trying to get a nice full tent this time around.
I feel ya on that one. This one's been verging for 6 months. If I don't Scrog this it will surpass my ceiling lol. Almost 4 foot wide. Would be bigger but high stress training and I broke many branches haha. The split happened on its own and the plant never showed any slowing , almost like it meant to do it. Have no idea what this yield will be but it's gonna be something stupid insane lol. 6months veg lmfaoo

20231026 015234
20231026 015710
20231026 020311
Lockebox

Lockebox

I feel ya on that one. This one's been verging for 6 months. If I don't Scrog this it will surpass my ceiling lol. Almost 4 foot wide. Would be bigger but high stress training and I broke many branches haha. The split happened on its own and the plant never showed any slowing , almost like it meant to do it. Have no idea what this yield will be but it's gonna be something stupid insane lol. 6months veg lmfaoo
Now that’s a bush haha! That thing will be a monster when you flip it, that’ll be awesome.

What size pot is that? And what do you feed if you don’t mind me asking. I’m just impressed lol I’ve never vegged a plant that long and that looks great

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

When I first had it in the 5 gal, I was low on soil, it was filled 1/5 from the bottom only. But it stilled vegged for 2 months. After the soil ran out of nutes, I took it out of the fabric pot, bought more soil and it went back in the same 5gal fabric pot, without perlite 😯none of my stores nearby had ANY. Oh well, but after I added more ffof soil, it kept it fed for the last 4 months since it was soo dense and packed with nutes i only had to feed it phd water, and microbes the entire way. It def could have used a pk boost but I didn't need any more branching or nodes at this point so I let that one ride out. It's barely begun to show nitrogen deficiency as the plant has FINALLY depleted the nitrogen. I just didn't wanna go into flower with extra nitrogen that I can't self measure like the nutes added. She drinks about a gallon of water every 2 days. My biggest downside is because the soil is so dense, you can bet every watering takes me 2 hour... filling it slowly to make sure it's fully saturated👌

Last edited:
Top Bottom