Black Lime Reserve

• Thread starter mendo local
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kevlar

were running the Black Lime Reserve, In The Pines, Long Valley Royal Kush, and Royal Salute from Aficionado. Leo, Ele, and Gene are awesome people and amazing breeders/growers. We are super stoked to get the opportunity to run there genetics.
Il post up some pics once they are in there big pots on our outdoor thread.
I just popped their family vault purple last night. Can't wait to see what they look like. I also have in the pines, big red Hindu kush that I haven't germinated yet.

sohum bum

sohum bum

I'm have some Black Lime Reserve in smart pots(I think 200gallon). They're doing well, I have 4 confirmed females, 5 unsexed. Wondering since I'm relatively new to full-term outdoor, do people really get 5+ pounds per plant outdoors? How common is that, or is it a myth? Because I would be more than happy with 2lbs/plant.

IMAG0063
sox

sox

I'm have some Black Lime Reserve in smart pots(I think 200gallon). They're doing well, I have 4 confirmed females, 5 unsexed. Wondering since I'm relatively new to full-term outdoor, do people really get 5+ pounds per plant outdoors? How common is that, or is it a myth? Because I would be more than happy with 2lbs/plant.

dont worry bro, you will pull atleast 5 of of her if you treat her right. she looks good.
this is a BLR clone in a 100gal, great soil, and a super sunny spot...id be bummed if we didnt get 4-5 off of her.
Photo 3

sox

sox

also, how do you have an Emerald Cup Contestant badge for your picture if you have not grown outdoor?

sohum bum

sohum bum

I've done a little outdoor before but this year I'm really trying to do it right. That's crazy you can really yield that much. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: sox
SoggyBottom

SoggyBottom

I can shed some light on to what the long valley black lime is if anybody is interested. I asked Mean Gene and he broke it down for me

M

mjg132

Im very interested in this strain,i want more on the flavour and high...

SoggyBottom

SoggyBottom

Im just gonna quote MeanGean. I had asked what the Oil Can is as that is where the black lime came(from those lines)

"Its a line from CharlieBrown's(yes real name) Afghani x Oaxacan. It is called Oilcan because the grower who had it called his favorites in the line Stoil(from LessToil, which is a cleaner that smells like turpentine) The Oaxacan smell on the Afghani frame was what the Stoil was. The Oilcan was the purple plants with the Oaxacan height and the Afghani fuel smell. The Stoil and Oilcan are just slang names for types in that cross. CharlieBrown imported the original genetics to WoodmanCanyon in the early 80s and a few people wound up with those seeds through my dad and a couple guys. In the early nineties we supplied NL4 clones to the guy who made the name Oilcan, and he back crossed his to them for years to improve his strain. He hoped to make Stoily NL but he made Oilcan NL on accident. Those are the seeds i got from him, which were picked out of his plants by my buddy SDuece. There is no other Oilcan, and any other story is bullshit. The NLxOilcan we called POG for PurpleOrangeGreen."

"Any Oilcan called POG is from my seeds. Nobody else called it POG and the Oilcan guy never gave out seeds as "Oilcan". I worked for him and knew what he called that type is all."

"When I first saw Sour I thought it was funny that it was big deal because it wasn't much different than Oilcan"

SoggyBottom

SoggyBottom

I know this isnt exactly pointed directly at the black lime but it goes back further than that and thats what i wanted to know. So I am guessing that those Oilcan x NL seeds he got his what the black lime came from. Gonna guess it had the fuel smell as well as a little purple maybe(the Black in Black Lime).

zeke

zeke

I just got some BLR cuts labeled #5. Supposedly direct from the breeders to a buddy. I'm stoked. Can't be too bad if it was bred in Californistan by degenerate pot people.

sox

sox

he said his cup winner is exactly like this one, and leans to the woodman oil can.

the plant overwhelmingly stinks like burnt rubber, after watering your arms will stink like burnt rubber for days, and has a soft touch of garlic and fuel. But if you violently shake a branch, it all goes away and only smells of some sort of lime scented chemical cleaning product. he said its not SUPER rare, but it is rare that they throw out pink pistols as well.

these are the clones of the Woodman Oil Can pheno in 100gal pots, photos are about a a week old.
11250234 469954873178866 87522258 n
11348279 517239608435192 1282716387 n

11350791 410834172451823 301362197 n

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

Anyone know how black lime reserve does outside? Yields?
Yields well , not heaviest but definitely a good yield and I'm guessing since you asked in Jan you are seeing just how great this strain is. It's one of my all time fave. Makes great hash. Lemon fuel. If you like Chemdog you will love this even more. The pheno I have turns into a bush with no topping.

Top Bottom