Blackberry Gum

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know right, I'm loving it! Number two in particular seems like it's budding like crazy already!? They have more of a rotten or sour blueberry smell to them, at least so far. Haven't even been able to spread them out yet!

Sour blueberry is delicious. I get that flavor with the blue lemon thai but there is no blueberry in it. Go figure.

The blue refers to the blue to black leaves that can be on the Toxic Blue side. Which is why its named that.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nothing new but I snapped a few pictures anyway. Still don't have room, hoping to get one of the black dogs harvested this weekend so I can start spreading these out a bit.. side note on the black dogs: wow do they stink!!

20190501 223941
20190501 224050
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I probably won't even spread these plants out with the Tomato hooks I just bought cuz small short plants like this are going to get plenty of light anyway, probably start pinching a few fan leaves off in another week or so is about all I'll do. I haven't even put a single bamboo stake in them yet, I'll probably just use them to spread them out a little bit; so much for LST Adventure!? LOL

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So about the nutes...

The reason I started this journal is because these plants were grown 100% with Schultz all-purpose 20-20-20, 5 lb for $18, cheapest brand name nutes I could find

Screenshot 20190502 213958 Chrome

I made the switch to cheap nutes from GH Flora Trio because I watched GH Micro go from $28 to $38 per gallon in a few months and I decided that I'm not going to be buying these overpriced products anymore because I wanted to show that you don't have to buy a bunch of overpriced, fancy bottles to grow quality cannabis

Last feeding I started mixing the Schultz with Peter's 10-30-20 Bloom Booster (1.5lbs/$10) as transition nutes, which I'll continue to do in various ratios for approximately two more weeks

Then I'll switch to the Peter's exclusively to finish them.

I also use GH Calimagic regularly and several other products like Epsom salts, tm-7, Mykos, lime, as recommended &/or needed. I'll also be switching to a cheaper form of calcium when this current bottle of calimagic runs out

That's pretty much it. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple (and cheap) also 5 lb of 20-20-20 is going to last for years not only indoors, but also out in the tomato garden! LOL

Eventually for fun I'm going to grow a Romberry plant using nothing but Jobe's tomato spikes lol stay tuned for that journal, that's gonna be one I'm interested in seeing myself!? Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Pictures from today: Day 27 of bloom

The plant in the flash is showing the beginning of some lime green on a couple of top leaves, so she got an extra feeding today, hopefully that will stop that

The second plant is almost too green LOL interestingly these two plants have been treated identically until today

20190504 062607
20190504 062705

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hummm...? Got to admit I was kind of expecting conversation regarding my somewhat unique choice of nutes!? 🙃 Lol

Here's a couple of clones from plant #2, topped once -going to be bushy!
View attachment 869049

Its only unique on pot forums. Youre using calcium and general purpose fertilizer. Perfect!

Prefer my inoculants like myco and humic to be either organic soil or already in the soil like promix and now im trying potters gold again.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Real nice looking plants there i forgot to add. Great work!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm at a bit of a stall, still waiting for 2 black dogs to finish up; don't think I'll tie these two down they don't really need it, so much for my first venture into LST!? Lol

Have Gorilla Glue on deck and they're stretchier than these Blackberry gums, maybe I'll tie those girls down a bit!?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the kind words! I'm at a bit of a stall, still waiting for 2 black dogs to finish up; don't think I'll tie these two down they don't really need it, so much for my first venture into LST!? Lol

Have Gorilla Glue on deck and they're stretchier than these Blackberry gums, maybe I'll tie those girls down a bit!?

Lol. You keep saying you're going to do stuff.

I just never do anything to them in veg but transplant up and let them grow as big and fast as they can and then deal with them individually as needed during and after stretch in 12/12.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Lol. You keep saying you're going to do stuff.

I just never do anything to them in veg but transplant up and let them grow as big and fast as they can and then deal with them individually as needed during and after stretch in 12/12.
LOL I know right! The main thing is I just have no room I use a 4 by 4 for veg and a five-by-five for flower and I never have room!

I'm still working on growing that romberry with Jobe spikes, that's one grow I really want to have some fun with! I've got a beautiful romberry put aside just for that project, but I have no room for it yet!?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LOL I know right! The main thing is I just have no room I use a 4 by 4 for veg and a five-by-five for flower and I never have room!

I'm still working on growing that romberry with Jobe spikes, that's one grow I really want to have some fun with! I've got a beautiful romberry put aside just for that project, but I have no room for it yet!?

I saw that on riu before i got myself banned posting in politics.

I am very curious if the spikes will work. I consider mixing in dry plant food to the flowering pots to flower water only like I veg with pottng soil. That requires transplant to new soil every few weeks.

But i feel i would still have to supplement to get the results i am used to with my present method.

I will have to mix a bucket and try it with one plant.

Any dry preferably organic food you recomend? Have you tried what i am saying inside? Like with happy frog tomato fertilizer or something?

Guess it doesnt have to be organic.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I saw that on riu before i got myself banned posting in politics.

I am very curious if the spikes will work. I consider mixing in dry plant food to the flowering pots to flower water only like I veg with pottng soil. That requires transplant to new soil every few weeks.

But i feel i would still have to supplement to get the results i am used to with my present method.

I will have to mix a bucket and try it with one plant.

Any dry preferably organic food you recomend? Have you tried what i am saying inside? Like with happy frog tomato fertilizer or something?

Guess it doesnt have to be organic.
No I'm not about organics, though I probably would be mixing my own soil if I still had my acreage up in New Hampshire but I'm a little bit south of that now living on a postage stamp sized lot in a big city, it's all I can do to throw away used dirt without piquing anyone's interest LOL

Up until recently I've only used the GH Flora Trio in the four years I've been back growing, before that I use mostly Peters in Hydroponics

Since those Jobe spikes did such a great job with my tomatoes last summer I've been anxious to give it a try. I think when I get these Blackberry out I'll put two spikes in a romberry as per directions and see what happens?

I did talk to One grower who used to break them into chunks and mix them in the soil but that's not exactly same as just using them as directed which is what I'm going to try first, I'll start a journal and give you a shout when I get it going

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No I'm not about organics, though I probably would be mixing my own soil if I still had my acreage up in New Hampshire but I'm a little bit south of that now living on a postage stamp sized lot in a big city, it's all I can do to throw away used dirt without piquing anyone's interest LOL

Up until recently I've only used the GH Flora Trio in the four years I've been back growing, before that I use mostly Peters in Hydroponics

Since those Jobe spikes did such a great job with my tomatoes last summer I've been anxious to give it a try. I think when I get these Blackberry out I'll put two spikes in a romberry as per directions and see what happens?

I did talk to One grower who used to break them into chunks and mix them in the soil but that's not exactly same as just using them as directed which is what I'm going to try first, I'll start a journal and give you a shout when I get it going
what part of NH do you fare from ? Born and raised in Portsmouth. Been out in the wild west since for a long time now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So in keeping with my usual style of doing everything backwards heres more information from the seed stalkers website regarding Blackberry Gum:

"Seed Stockers Blackberry Gum is an unusual phenotype found after crossing a Bubble Gum male plant with a dark female Blueberry clone from a cannabis club in Barcelona. The Blackberry Gum line is an unusual fruity phenotype, often with dark colorings in the buds and leaves. The aroma is earthy, spicy and with dark fruity aromas of Blueberry and the very dense sweet Bubble Gum taste together with a flash of cotton candy. Yields are well above average, and the parents guarantee highly potent, resin-crusted buds with a very long lasting effect. THC levels are 23%+ on this variety, its one of the strongest varieties you will find with a great feel-good high"

Latest posts

Top Bottom