Blackberry Gum

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE: 6/28

Both Blackberry Gum plants are now in darkness for 48 hours!

20190628 071223

Two cups of coffee and a lot of eye strain and have decided I'm comfortable taking these two at 84 days

Don't usually do a dark period but I wanted the room and they're both well within the harvest window, many people would have harvested these sooner but I like 10 - 20% Amber

20190627 221641

I'll be back picture heavy before I hang these and I'm going to post a dry total weight later

Thank you to all of you who followed along! I will sum up this whole grow and answer any questions about this strain that I can, but in general these Blackberry Gum are bulletproof and a very enjoyable plant to grow!

So impressed by Seedstock I just popped the free BCN Critical XXL seed they sent me into 24 hours of wet paper towel and then it will go straight into soil

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

For whatever reason the above post regarding Plant #2 will not let me edit it? I will return with individual plant dryweights and of course what matters the most to me, the smoke report!

Speaking of editing, there was some editing in this thread that I was unaware of until today. Originally the title was called "Blackberry Gum by Seedstockers" it is now only called "Blackberry Gum" and I did not change it. I have no idea if anything else was edited in this post, thread or anything else I've ever written on this forum at this point.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For whatever reason the above post regarding Plant #2 will not let me edit it? I will return with individual plant dryweights and of course what matters the most to me, the smoke report!

Speaking of editing, there was some editing in this thread that I was unaware of until today. Originally the title was called "Blackberry Gum by Seedstockers" it is now only called "Blackberry Gum" and I did not change it. I have no idea if anything else was edited in this post, thread or anything else I've ever written on this forum at this point.

Excellent work as usual Beachwalker!

And im sure since this is a seed store site that the owner didnt want the competitor right out front in the thread title. Especially with results like you got.

Its always been world of censorship and information control. Now much easier for site moderators.

What can ya do?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Excellent work as usual Beachwalker!

And im sure since this is a seed store site that the owner didnt want the competitor right out front in the thread title. Especially with results like you got.

Its always been world of censorship and information control. Now much easier for site moderators.

What can ya do?
[regarding the title I had that same thought and that certainly seems a possibility, although I do see threads with other breeders names in the title so? Regardless it makes no difference to me, it just surprised me when I saw it, so I felt I needed to mention it.]

Thank you for your kind words once again although you were the inspiration that finally got me to change my grow style to some degree and I'm much happier now that I have, I'm even considering re-doing my basement in a similar manner to yours, I would have about the same height but once I got more experienced at keeping them short I'm sure I could manage it!

These Blackberry Gum plants were amazing to grow and virtually hands-off, I legitimately did not take that second plant out of the back of the tent but maybe twice altogether, and I didn't need to either of those times, they needed virtually no attention, but this thread was mainly intended to be about the new way I feed using only these three simple products..
20190618 155132

The info:

In Veg I fed 20-20-20 at 400 PPM (water, water, feed cycle)

First month in bloom I fed as above only adjusted PPM to 600 for two weeks and then 800 PPM thereafter (feed, water, feed cycle)

For the next 3 weeks I fed a blend of 20-20-20 and 10-30-20 at varying ratios (feed, feed, water cycle)

To finish I fed straight pH'ed water for the last 10 or so days, not because I necessarily subscribe to Flushing but because it's what the plant wanted

So that's pretty much it, this was an enjoyable grow, will post up dry weight and a smoke report at some point.

I've got two more of this same strain I put into flower when these two came out, looking forward to another harvest! :)
20190626 080238

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So this is interesting this is a second gen Blackberry Gum clone and I just noticed it's flowering under 16 hours veg light!?

None of the other second gen BlackBerry Gum, now in flower nor the mother flowered under 16 hrs?! I thought it might be rootbound but it wasn't, but I up-potted it anyway

20190703 125056

This was the one I kept behind to take cuts from LOL I suppose I still can but I don't know what the hell to think about this right now and I don't know what's causing it to bloom either, any thoughts?

20190703 130730

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So this is interesting this is a second gen Blackberry Gum clone and I just noticed it's flowering under 16 hours veg light!?

None of the other second gen BlackBerry Gum, now in flower nor the mother flowered under 16 hrs?! I thought it might be rootbound but it wasn't, but I up-potted it anyway

View attachment 879003

This was the one I kept behind to take cuts from LOL I suppose I still can but I don't know what the hell to think about this right now and I don't know what's causing it to bloom either, any thoughts?

View attachment 879004

Try 18 hrs of light or more?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Try 18 hrs of light or more?
Naw..! Lol I'll change the strain first! My goal is to slow veg down, not speed it up, believe me! I've run 16/8 veg since go, I get an occasional preflower which helps if I'm running regulars but this is the first plant to decide to go full-on Bloom on me LOL

Still trying to figure this one out, the roots were perfect they smelled great and it wasn't close to rootbound and no other plants and none of the others of the same strain did this either? ..this things in full bloom!? (and I checked my timer?)

Just really curious why just one plant would do this?! And it happened fairly fast, I saw it recently & noticed a few pre flowers but not like this?!

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Naw..! Lol I'll change the strain first! My goal is to slow veg down, not speed it up, believe me! I've run 16/8 veg since go, I get an occasional preflower which helps if I'm running regulars but this is the first plant to decide to go full-on Bloom on me LOL

Still trying to figure this one out, the roots were perfect they smelled great and it wasn't close to rootbound and no other plants and none of the others of the same strain did this either? ..this things in full bloom!? (and I checked my timer?)

Ok you made it this far. Lol.

But i thought some strains will flower without more than 16 hrs of light. And now i know for sure.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ok you made it this far. Lol.

But i thought some strains will flower without more than 16 hrs of light. And now i know for sure.

Well I'm not so sure if that's what's happening her sisters didn't even pre flower and they only went into bloom recently so this happened in a week so I'm still inclined to look for a trigger, my other thought is there might be some ruderalis in this strain, but that would have made the mother and sisters bloom too?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I'm not so sure if that's what's happening her sisters didn't even pre flower and they only went into bloom recently so this happened in a week so I'm still inclined to look for a trigger, my other thought is there might be some ruderalis in this strain, but that would have made the mother and sisters bloom too?

Maybe they rooted a little differently and the sisters will flower soon.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Maybe they rooted a little differently and the sisters will flower soon.
I don't know everything checks out so I'll decide if I want to clone it or not her two sisters have been in flower for 6 days I suppose I can find a few branches down low on them with less flowers and get a jar full of cuts to put in the fridge until I'm ready to bubble them, just strange out of nowhere this one did that?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't know everything checks out so I'll decide if I want to clone it or not her two sisters have been in flower for 6 days I suppose I can find a few branches down low on them with less flowers and get a jar full of cuts to put in the fridge until I'm ready to bubble them, just strange out of nowhere this one did that?

I have heard of it online before but never saw it myself.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have heard of it online before but never saw it myself.
I think I know what it is; sympathetic blooming LOL ..her two sisters went into bloom last week and maybe she felt left behind! :)

I've had a few that didn't like 16 hours but I don't know how this changed so fast, either way it's not a problem they just take a little longer to root, or I still have a few seeds if I want to start again

I wouldn't say it's anything with this strain, seems to be just this one plant, but there seems to be no trigger?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Lol @ bubble cross! :) She was a happy, healthy girl! She bloomed for 13 weeks and she's given me many children!

View attachment 871967
So with blooming that long do get u more cbd then delta thc, I have always thought when bloom has been up to 55 days it would be more head high and less cough lock. Then after 55 more couch lock. 😊

Happy growing

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So with blooming that long do get u more cbd then delta thc, I have always thought when bloom has been up to 55 days it would be more head high and less cough lock. Then after 55 more couch lock. 😊

Happy growing
Hello, I try to let plants bloom until they're ripe, and for me ripe means 10 - 20% Amber and most importantly very few clear left, but I never judge anything by time

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Hello, I try to let plants bloom until they're ripe, and for me ripe means 10 - 20% Amber, but most importantly very few clear left
1DDEA0C8 948E 4756 92F6 97E8AE2BB1E8
I chopped this one yesterday and hung to dry, most of mine on sativa have the amber colors on them but on the indica they don’t .here is a pic o my sativa nugget. Smells so good. 37 days flower.in soil indoors 😊

Top Bottom