Blackberry Gum

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eirI

So this was today (plus I put an eighth of dry-sift up for a sick friend), tomorrow's another day of sifting during official Hash-making Festival Weekend

View attachment 873257

The first 2 sticky black pucks are from this beautiful black/purple GPS Gunslinger sift
View attachment 873256
the plants were beautiful

View attachment 873258

the other sticky black is from a new way that I'm pressing my blond sift, first time doing it this way today, very satisfied with the results!

..the real adventure is trying to do all this with my little pollen sifter!? Lol!
Very nice the color is like lavender and gold what’s good combo.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Day 60:

20190606 065243

20190606 065226

20190606 065303

20190606 065256

.. still too early to even quick-dry a sample bud, I'll start looking at the trichomes in another week

I suspect the 3 ml cal-mag I was adding to the 800 PPM Schultz 20-20-20 would be adequate for most plants, however the heavy foliage on these demanded more, they've happily settled for 4 ml even though I treated them for a while with 5ml/gal plus foliar sprays

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just got back from a bike ride. Summer is here now. Its hot. Sorry I didnt take any pics today.

Beach looks real nice there.
Yes it was a beautiful day but still a bit cool on the shore at 68° with an onshore wind but it was one of the first Beach days so far this year, usually we have a couple of months of spring into summer behind us at this point, I feel bad for the outdoor Growers who have to deal with this cold wet spring

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes it was a beautiful day but still a bit cool on the shore at 68° with an onshore wind but it was one of the first Beach days so far this year, usually we have a couple of months of spring into summer behind us at this point, I feel bad for the outdoor Growers who have to deal with this cold wet spring

Yeah may was bad but now its 85 and sunny.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

...guess who came out for pictures today?! That's right the girl in the tent made her first appearance this morning!

20190608 062959

Shortly after that picture she was pruned of many leaves to open her up more, and had her trichomes inspected. I was surprised at the amount of Amber, she has about a week - 10 days to go, she got a half dose today plus Cal Mag and tm-7 to go with her new haircut

The other Blackberry Gum got the same treatment today but that show off is always in and out of the tent so no pictures of her today (I forgot), but did take one shot of her in the tent

20190608 064014

I've been getting rotting blueberries scent off of these two but when I took the shy girl out today it was straight grape!?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks I let it go an extra long time because it just didn't seem to want to finish, it is not a daytime smoke!

This is some hash from the Indian bubblegum

20190613 195127

So tonight's the night I get my first sample Bud from the Blackberry Gum, probably take a look at the trikes as well, looking forward to this first taste I think it's going to be an interesting plant, it's stinking even stronger like grapes?!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I could take the most ripe Blackberry Gum plant this weekend, there's about as many Amber as there are clear trichomes at this point on the bigger one, but giving both 5-7 more days

Sample getting 24hr. quick dry! :)
20190613 231932

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So my quick 24-hour dry turned into a 48-hours and still not dry LOL so I cut the joint of it open and put it in a bong, I got berry for sure but when I filled a second bowl I got a solid buzz from this stuff! Not bad hope it lasts? Wish I took some of this for my walk on the beach today cuz I have a feeling this is going to be a heavy-hitting indo!? I'm very happy with the first sample right now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These Blackberry Gums went into bloom on 4/7, so they're about ten weeks, had planned on taking them this weekend, however I clipped a bud and was able to look at it more closely & while there's a lot of Amber there's also a lot of clear?

So I'll look at them Sunday but the earliest I'll be harvesting them would be the middle of next week, most likely next weekend.

I took a sample before but don't remember much of it, was too wet to smoke in a joint so I put it in a bong and I don't really recall what it was like, but this sample will be dry by Saturday afternoon-ish so I'll try it again! :)

One of my biggest pet peeves is everybody's concerned about whether it tastes like blueberries or that melon, but I want to know if it gets me high; so I will be back with the smoke report at some point and although I don't weigh my harvests I'll weigh this one just to complete this journal

So thanks to those who followed along! this probably wasn't the bedt journal ever but it could be the first one I ever finished LOL that should count for something?

Edit: Though it has basically not stopped raining during their entire growth cycle here in the Northeast there is no sign of mold or any such issue. I keep a lot of diffused air moving in many directions, but in general I would rate them as not prone to mold

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Blackberry Gum tonight: 6/22

20190622 230134

They got tied up for the first time to support some of the lower more spindly buds, it's nearly a hands-off plant to grow!

I can't say I taste exactly Blackberry because I'm not great at describing such nuances but I do taste and smell something deep & berry-ish or along that line

It has a quick-hitting and noticeable high that seems to be lasting a long time
20190622 221525

This one has even thicker kolas, unfortunately this one didn't clone :/
20190622 221450

They've been within the Harvest window for a few days now but I want to let them go another week to encourage more Amber, I like about 20%

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These went into bloom on 4/7, they're supposedly a 60-day plant which to me means a minimum of 74 days which I've surpassed today at day 81

This picture was taken today before I cut another 6 million leaves off of each one :/
20190627 084126

Now that I've got my new scope & can see deep down there's more clear that I'm comfortable with so I'm giving them some more time (I'm not in a race)

I'm trying to make a point that very few things finished when the breeder says, and they usually go 2 weeks to a month beyond the given time; most us know that but if there's any new farmers reading now you know it to! :)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

These went into bloom on 4/7, they're supposedly a 60-day plant which to me means a minimum of 74 days which I've surpassed today at day 81

This picture was taken today before I cut another 6 million leaves off of each one :/
View attachment 877824

Now that I've got my new scope & can see deep down there's more clear that I'm comfortable with so I'm giving them some more time (I'm not in a race)

I'm trying to make a point that very few things finished when the breeder says, and they usually go 2 weeks to a month beyond the given time; most us know that but if there's any new farmers reading now you know it to! :)
The breeder I got my seeds from told me 8-9 weeks and they're more like 10-12 weeks. He grows under light and I grow outside but still, that's a big difference.

Top Bottom