Blacklight Grow

• Thread starter Scrull87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supasticky

thought i was at another weed forum for a minute.......

Black light growing is old school. theres a reason for that. The UV light emitted from a black light is hardly enough to do anything to your plant. If I were you I would get more flourescents in there. A T8 4' cool white flouro bulb will put out about 3500 lumens. I would say you need about 4 of those to do something at least. Its pretty cheap. If you can find a MH setup like someone said before for like $86 I would get that...but the flouro setup will cost you like $40. You also need to have the flourescent lights really close to the plants. like only 1-2 inches away. Having the light way up is not going to work. they will die or hibernate until there is enough light INTENSITY to grow. You should read up a little on what a plant really needs to grow. You dont just dig up some soil throw some light in there and water sometimes and get fat dank nugs. you will get maybe 1 gram of bud that will hurt your head and your throat, if anything.

Good luck.

-Supa

R

Radio_Dread

i know i thought this was a joke at first too, lol but i really thnk this dude thnks he really can grow nugs with a Black light and 77 watts? listen to what these people are talking about. they will help you and lead you in the best direction. have you ever grown bud from a black light before/. or did you just think it up one day while stoned cuase you liked the way it made your posters look?

sky high

sky high

Not so fast guys. If his mom doesn't find the black light grow under his bed this person may be on the brink of new technology that is destined to revolutionize the growing industry and put all of us HID growers to shame

and what about growing with light sabres? Those red ones might make some dank bud after yer done killing Storm Troopers and shit!

stay tuned....

Imagess
D

Donk Frog

Fuckin sad:sick0026:
A black lite ...come on dude is this thread a joke?:smoke

Venom818

Venom818

these guys dont know what up bro i support u I would do an all black light grow to show them what's up

S

Scrull87

You don't have to get emotional, it's just a couple of blacklights. Oh yea I don't have room for big systems. a 4 gallon dro setup might not even fit, I'll just have to order and find out. 34$ @ stealth hydroponics.

B

bdawgburner

Why do people post stuff like this? There is absolutely no informational value to this thread at all. I actually think I'm dumber now that I've read it.

D

dgp

Not so fast guys. If his mom doesn't find the black light grow under his bed this person may be on the brink of new technology that is destined to revolutionize the growing industry and put all of us HID growers to shame

and what about growing with light sabres? Those red ones might make some dank bud after yer done killing Storm Troopers and shit!

stay tuned....

I laughed a so hard a peice of lunch flew against my screen.

They did tons of grows in the 70's testing this. Waste of time. If you had the most important purchase, a grow bible, it would explain this in great detail. Also, switch to 300w cfl's. They only pull 68w and emit a 2700K spectrum for flowering. they cost 15 dollars at Home depot.
The whole benefit of a forum like this is so that you can learn what to do and what not to do. We are not getting emotional, only trying to point out the fact that what you are doing has been done, and it is not beneficial.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

someone please close this thread this dude is just fucking around there is no way he is for reals. This is a waste of space if this dude isnt gonna take any advice and just argue his point on how this magic black light is gonna grow some great Dro... Start with soil please

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Also, switch to 300w cfl's. They only pull 68w and emit a 2700K spectrum for flowering. they cost 15 dollars at Home depot.
The whole benefit of a forum like this is so that you can learn what to do and what not to do.

Pleeeease stop calling 68w cfls "300w cfls". We've had this discussion at length in the lighting threads.

The "300w" is a marketing ploy. The package will say something like "300w equivalent." It refers to the fact that the 68w cfl will produce approximately the same lumens as a 300w incandescent. True, yes . . . but . . . it is also true that a 1,000w HPS is about "5,000w equivalent." Now, how stupid would it get around here if people started calling 1,000w HPS lamps 5,000w lamps?

. . . maybe about as stupid as trying to grow with black lights.

Papa

E

edux10

i have a feeling i know this guy in real life. and seems like he was born in 1987 by his screen name, hmmmmm. fucking black metal kids man, maybe that is why dude wants to use black lights, to be more black metal. lol. whatever, this shit is funny. better him wastin his time then me.

R

Radio_Dread

hah yep you got it...more black light to keep the "black" metal thing he has going there.

D

dailychronic

hahahaha tread of the week! Dude you fuck the cfl go all blacklight!!!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Killer grow man you should pull 2 per light no problem, Im growing in my closet and want to know how I can keep my dad from finding my grow? PS, He keeps his shoes in my closet..Hit me up we could have a sick video game battle .. Shit does your phone have a caculator mine does its sick.. JACK

B

bdawgburner

You cell phone has a calculator?!?! WTF!!! I got mine from zack morris, wiki answers said its the best on the market.

S

Scrull87

Heres some more from my first grow only 42 watts. I got some seedling pics and we will compare the two batches of sproutlings.

DSCF0012
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom