Blaze's 2010 garden

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Lemonaid 2000 is one of NCGA's strains. It is Original Lemonade x (C88 x Killer Queen) if I remember right. I don't know the lineage of the Original Lemonade and the Killer Queen was Vic High's Killer Queen, which was a cross of C99 x G13.

Blueberry Pie and Guava Kush are two of my strains. Some of my buddies commented on how they smelled and tasted like guava and blueberry pie respectively, so the names sorta stuck.

The Guava Kush was a male of a Hawaiian kush strain crossed with the green, early phenotype of the Purps x Killer Queen (aka God's Gift, aka Kryptonite.) The Blueberry Pie was a female of a very exceptional phenotype of the Original DJ Short Blueberry that I found in some seeds that I got from DJ himself, crossed with a male of the Purps x Killer Queen.

None are available in seed from.

Blaze

Blaze

Wow, it has been a busy couple of weeks! However, I am happy to report, that harvest went very smoothly and successfully. We did have some mold problems early on due to some high humidity weather which forced us to pull a couple of plants early, and some slight bud worm issues as well. For the most part it wasn't anything that some stylet oil, oxidate, and dipel couldn't handle. Overall I have been happy with the yields we pulled; it was much more than I expected or than it looked like on the plants, and the quality looks to be quite nice judging from the impressions of the plants that we've sampled so far.

Over all the losses were minor, and, for the first time in years, we didn't get hit with any rain before most of the main crop was in! It made things a hell of a lot easier this year not having to set up rain tarps to protect the plants from the weather, at least at this site. We still have a fewsecond cuttings to deal with, tons of hash to make, many hours of clean up and winter prep ahead of us, and of course, all the trimming to do, but it is good to no longer have to worry about rippers, mold, and weather.

Though I've been running around like mad the last few weeks and feeling a bit frazzled and scatter brained, I did manage to snap a few pics a couple of the weeks with my buddies phone camera so the quality isn't the greatest. First up is a shot of one of the last and also largest plants to come in, the more diesel dominant pheno of the STFU. My buddy is 6' tall to give you an idea of scale.

Hvst1
Blaze

Blaze

Here are a few shots of out harvesting and processing techniques. I use a modular rack system to hang, transport, and process the plants during harvest. In my opinion, the main reason most outdoor you see is lacking trich content, and looks like crap, is due to rough handling and improper processing technique. Rough handling, such as tossing the buds in pile, tossing them in a tarp for transport, or anything else that agitates, vibrates, knocks around, rubs against, or comes into physical contact with the wet buds rubs of resins, knocks of trichromes, and in general, degrades the quality of the finished product, especially in appearance.

The rack system allows us to do everything we need to do to the plants until they are dry enough to be placed in a paper bag, without them ever toughing anything or being over handled. In this manner, the plants can be de-leafed, broken down into manageable sizes, and dried, without the buds ever coming into direct, sustained physical physical contact with anything.

We use 1/4" wide by 1" tall metal bars that are 6' long to hang sections of the plant throughout the process. I have some light-weight modular stands out in the garden that I place next to what ever plant I am harvesting. As I cut the plant down into 1'-3' section I hang it on the bar suspended between the two stands. After that, the bar is moved to my truck, which has a rack that can hold 5-6 of the 6 foot long metal bars. The bars sit on a set of 4x4's with notches in them that attach to my lumber rack. We drive vveeeerry sslloooowllyy to make sure we don't get and dust on our nice gooey, sticky flowers until we get to the drying shed , where the bars are unloaded.

In the shed we have a work station set up that holds two bars at about waist level. This allows us to work on the plants while sitting down, which makes it far easier to pull those 10-12 hours days that harvest sometimes requires of us. There are also additional racks set up near by as a "holding area" for the additional plant-filled bars that come in off the truck.

Hvst2
Hvst3
Hvst4
Hvst5
Blaze

Blaze

Once the plants have been processed and are ready to begin drying, they are placed on metal wires where they will stay for the next 5-7 days or so, until they are dry enough to have the remaining large stems removed. Anything too small to hang is placed in brown paper bags which are hung from nails in the wall. The first pic is shot of what we pulled on the first bed of Blue Satellite x Killer Queen we took two weeks ago along with a section of the drying wires. The tops of the one bed filled about 60' of wire when broken down into 1'-2' sections and tightly spaced.

The next few pics of what I think was probably the single biggest bud I got this year. It was the later, purple pheno of my (Purps x Killer Queen) x Grape Krush cross. The person in these shots is the same friend who is 6' tall to give you an idea of scale.

Hvst6
Hvst7
Hvst8
Blaze

Blaze

Finally I've got some pics of the tarpinng system I built at another garden I tend to deal with the rains we had in late Oct. This site has a very long growing season, so we usually run a few strains that don't finish until late Oct or early Nov. The plants in these pics are Vanilluna, Original Blueberry, and New York Diesel x Pacific POW. Both the Vanniluna and the Blueberry are always REALLY late and will be comming down in a few days.

Essentially we built an A-frame style tent over each plant to protect it. I've found that the tarps hold in humidity, so it is important to set them up just before the rain hits, and the take them down as soon as the sun comes up or it begins to warm. Otherwise they can give you serious mold issues. It is also VERY important that none of the plastic touches the buds, or they will mold within hours. They also act like huge sails in the wind so it is paramount that the tarps are anchored very well. They take a little extra work to build, but the difference they make in preserving the quality of the buds and trichromes is well worth it in my opinion.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to the last month or so. At some point here soon I'll post up some up close and micro shots of the finished buds.

Tarp1
Tarp2
Tarp3
Tarp4
Tarp5
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
111949d1288840740-blazes-2010-garden-hvst7.jpg

holy shit - how did I miss this thread

nice work Blaze - though I would expect no less from you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This should be serving as inspiration to get my stuff trimmed up, but it's not yet dried. Beautiful! Still tokin' on that Mendo Purps x Grape Krush, definitely beddie-bye smoke.

B

Buddy Flowers

just saw the lineage on the Lemonaid 2000. I did a Sour Queen last year. Rez's Sour D x Killer Queen (C 99 x G13) wish I still had it. cheers

Blaze

Blaze

Been trimming like crazy. So the largest bud so far ended up being off the Purple Zebra. When dried, broken down, and trimmed, it weighted 54 gram, just shy of 2 oz. This shatters my old record of a 32g bud by quite a bit. Ended up with about 15 oz+ buds in addition to this monster off the PZ bed. Definitely plant to grow this clone again next year - the smell and flavor are kick ass, the buds are huge and dense, potency is good, nice purple color, and the yield surprised me for how small the plant was.

Bigbud pz
C

c4NN4daze

Thats awsome work my man. Thanks for posting these. Applause........., CD

Top Bottom