Blaze's 2012 Adventure

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

Plants lookin great Blaze, the prep work pays off bout this time of year. envy from the sunflowers, mine have burnt up in the drought, didn't water them..
Chillin on the coast with friends and ma nature, can't beat that.
thanks for sharing
peace mogrow

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah the heat here the last two weeks has been pretty brutal Mo, we've been hitting highs of 95-100 every day. Spending a week where it never got above 75 was great. We had several problems with our water system right before we left for the trip too. I had a few long stressful days right before the trip trouble shooting and fixing the issues. Somehow a huge glob of silt got through the irrigation pond pick up and plugged up all our filters, AND I discovered our secondary system of potable water had a huge leak that was loosing several hundred gallons of water a day, all two days before we were supposed to leave. Both are fixed now but we are still having problems with the irrigation systems at the house....

S

Simple

Major props and respect to you sir. I like how most of your posts include FOOD pics hahaha great stuff bro, herbs and food so belong together and i truly thank you for showing the world. Not to many farmers show the "lifestyle" they live, but i think showing the good eeats is how to properly do sir. respect from the rocky mountains. Keep on
Also, the pies look killer!

Blaze

Blaze

Oh heck yeah Simple, good food and good bud are a natural combination! Food and drugs are two of the strongest social binders, and aside from sex, nothing else gives most people more pleasure and fun. It is hard wired into our brains to enjoy the two together. Plus what stoner doesn't love good munchies?

Anyway, been back hard at work on the farm this week. All the plants are starting to cluster, and the earliest ones are beginning to form little buds. I applied a bunch of mocha 4-6-2 bat guano this week to help give them a little boost with the transition. I will also be foliar feeding with some seaweed and cal-mag when we finally get a slightly cooler day - which will hopefully be this weekend. Also time to start applying some of the organic pest control measures like bT, Stylet Oil, and Sonata. I have tried to be much more preventative and proactive with my pest control this year and I can definitely see the difference in the plants as if have had very few pest issues. Other than that the ladies have just been getting their weekly soil drench with aerated compost tea - the single most important part of the feeding regiment in my opinion.

I included a shot some green Anaheim chillis and jalapenos from my planter boxes as well some corn from our community garden, plus a pic of a tarantula I found when I was working on my water system. Second pic is of the Mendo Pineapple, and the third shot is one my buddy took of me with my head in the Guava Kush doing some end of the year pruning. I am 6' 2" to give it a sense of scale. Last two shots are of the Mendo Pineapple, Guava Kush, and Moonlight all in a row, and finally what the inside of the plants look like all pruned up. The inner branches and leaves that never see the light of day have been removed, and the horta nova is strung across at several levels to support the branches - some of which are 6'-7' long now. Pruning the inside of the plant for proper canopy control is critical in my opinion, especially with larger plants. It makes sure that there is better air flow through the center of the plant, and ensures that there is not dead branches or leaves that have withered due to lack of sunlight. Lack of airflow and dead plant matter both will encourages molds and mildews. At this point the inner hollow 'cores' of the plant are large enough that someone even my size could easily stand in - not that I would stand on my precious roots though haha....

IMAG0630
IMAG0632
IMAG0638
IMAG0639
IMAG0641
IMAG0643
Blaze

Blaze

Shot some more pictures today; plants are really starting to cluster up now. The larger plants have had another wrap of horta-nova around the outside and I am going to have to extend my 8' grape stakes this year to get the horta-nova tops on it looks like. Not a bad problem to have though :) . Got my first ristra of cayenne peppers drying in the window, the grapes are coming along nicely, and the first few figs came in this week too (no pics of those though, I ate them lol). Got the dehydrator out of storage today to start dehydrating some of the garden, bounty and will probably be making some jams and chutney here soon once more figs are ready. The tree did well this year, there will probably be close to a thousand figs ripe here soon and I want to try to put up as many of them as possible.

IMAG0665
IMAG0676
IMAG0678
IMAG0679
IMAG0680
IMAG0681
IMAG0682
IMAG0683
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Shot some more pictures today; plants are really starting to cluster up now. The larger plants have had another wrap of horta-nova around the outside and I am going to have to extend my 8' grape stakes this year to get the horta-nova tops on it looks like. Not a bad problem to have though :) . Got my first ristra of cayenne peppers drying in the window, the grapes are coming along nicely, and the first few figs came in this week too (no pics of those though, I ate them lol). Got the dehydrator out of storage today to start dehydrating some of the garden, bounty and will probably be making some jams and chutney here soon once more figs are ready. The tree did well this year, there will probably be close to a thousand figs ripe here soon and I want to try to put up as many of them as possible.

Sounds like heaven!

Blaze

Blaze

Thx dan and Babybee! We've put a lot of work into the place but we still have a long way to go. Takes a lot of work to maintain a ranch and unfortunately ours had not been well maintained before we moved out here. I've been fixing and building roads, water systems and fences all year - on top of the gardens and my other job! Things have definitely been a bit hectic but it will be all worth it once things get more settled and we are done with all the major repairs.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

..Yesssssir sounds gooods B keeep up the good work and member hard work and dedication gives you the best medicatioooon so the mind body and souls gets its daily meditatiooon.. .'.MB.'.

Blaze

Blaze

biggggg asss plaannts!! great job blaze!! whats the bed sizes of the 3 monsters you have there?

The single beds are 6' x 6' x 18" deep or about 2 yards. The big bed with three in it is 6' x 24' x 1' deep or a little over 5 yards. In both cases the topsoil was scraped aside and reincorporated back into the soil mix and the area under the beds was tilled and amended so the roots can go deeper if they want.

I

indianman75

i need some info on pineapple chunk been veg for a month
going into bloom this week
using pure blend pro
big bloom , hydroploex, cali magic, sweet, floralicious plus , liquid kool bloom am i missing anything
also is there a certain time to use additives in bloom or is it ok to use throughout

I

indianman75

i need some info on pineapple chunk been veg for a month
going into bloom this week
using pure blend pro
big bloom , hydroploex, cali magic, sweet, floralicious plus , liquid kool bloom am i missing anything
also is there a certain time to use additives in bloom or is it ok to use throughout
also what ppm is too much during bloom

Blaze

Blaze

I'm doing the Mendo Pineapple, not Pineapple Chunk. Wasn't too impressed with the Pineapple Chunk honestly. My approach is more of a living soil approach so I don't mess around with PPM and pH meters or hydro nutrients, the soil does it all for me.

StickyBuds420

StickyBuds420

damn looking great blaze keep it up ready to se those girls heavy with buds.

Top Bottom