Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beauregard

Sorry for the loss of your best friend . Your projects look awesome. Our temps are mid 90's to low hundreds and Im not sure if these autos will take direct sun for 15 hrs.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sorry for the loss of your best friend . Your projects look awesome. Our temps are mid 90's to low hundreds and Im not sure if these autos will take direct sun for 15 hrs.
.Sorry Beauregard, I was taking a snooze. I have to go pick up some morphine for the old lady. If you describe your growing situation I’m always up to try and help. I will try not to let the fact that I hate auto’s get in the way. L O L! If you get back to me later I will always try to elaborate on what I think is important for growing in very hot conditions. Thanks. And talk to you later.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Bout fucking time my man! Plants don’t look phased at all with those temps. I like the double grows in the big pots, that’s something I want to do. What do you use for shade, just natural shade from trees and bushes? My cactus and blue palo verde don’t shade very well. Glad you got a post in sir!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
All right, Arizona! Good to hear from you. Got lucky and have had a week Of Temps in the 80s. A cold snap! But that won’t last! Don’t really like multiple plants per pot but when growing regs Culling Is inevitable. Wanted the most robust plants possible So went with regs. Except the old growth is feminized. No shade Cloth. These things are either going to grow or burn up! No mollycoddling! What Do Do you have going on? Anything? Take it easy you old desert dog!

B

Beauregard

.Sorry Beauregard, I was taking a snooze. I have to go pick up some morphine for the old lady. If you describe your growing situation I’m always up to try and help. I will try not to let the fact that I hate auto’s get in the way. L O L! If you get back to me later I will always try to elaborate on what I think is important for growing in very hot conditions. Thanks. And talk to you later.
Ha. Well I have just heard of autoflower weed, ain’t that some chit. I ordered a 6 pack from ethos for the pure fact all my rowdy friends have left this world so no contact’s and we needed sooner than later.
Morphine huh, sorry man she must be pretty sick.
Photo period plants was the only kind back in 70s but I’ll be chasing some seeds when I get my thumb back.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on Beauregard! We need all the old farts we can get around here! A lot of people swear by Autos! Time to take the plunge! Get those beans popped. If you plan on growing outdoors, think up a corny title and start a thread under general outdoor growing. Or indoors same procedure. But it is up to you to make a vague plan and read up as much as possible on comparable grows. There are Some otherworldly growers on this site who have forgotten more than we will ever know. And most of them are more than happy to help and open minded grower get going and succeed. You are not alone in this endeavor and before long Will probably develop an unhealthy obsession with it! Lol. As far as hobbies go it’s still cheaper than crashing remote control planes! Will look for and follow your thread and you are always welcome to ask questions here if I can help. Get cracking, dog!

Heywood

Heywood

Yeah, bummer on the loss. Sounds like you had a lot of good years with your dog though!

You know I'm watching the Altoids. You put 2 to a pot just until you sex them?

You only popped 2 of those frosted Altoids?

C

Christos1974

And an idiot at the helm! Time to weigh anchor and steam full speed ahead into the maelstrom! Decided to try dark heart nursery, you can put them out in March and April if they are seedlings. Bullshit! Nothing but a cute little balls and cute little buds! A couple haven’t shown yet but I don’t have high hopes. but being an accomplished failure, I have 12 more in the solos. And more seeds to pop. The only thing perpetual about my grows is perpetually popping and starting new seedlings to replace the ones I kill! L O L! Been getting bugged about starting a thread for the summer so time to make my ineptitude a matter of public record. Stop in and take a look if you want to feel good about yourself. Will post some pictures and updates periodically. And howdy to all you hot weather growers.
Lol, good morning. I feel your woes, growing in a high temperature environment is stressful. I live in Bakersfield, CA, the average Summer temps are 100+, I germinate indoors and grow the plants until they're about 2 ft tall then I place them outside, however, I still have my grow covered with 40% shade cloth or they'll die. I use larger pots/bags to keep the root system as cool as possible. If the plants evaporation exceeds the plants ability to uptake moisture/water then they'll wilt and be damaged or die. The smallest pot I use is 7 gallons outdoors, I have 2 Magic Melon strains in 45 gallon bags to counter the heat and retain moisture. Good luck brother and don't give up!

20220704 074939
20220630 155646
20220630 155724
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Good morning Christos! Always good to hear from another valley dweller. I’m on the north end, you’ll be on the south end. Only six or 700 miles apart but the same damnable heat! I am with you on the start indoors and get them as far along as possible before they go out into the furnace. But with our low humidity I think it’s doable.I think you just have to throw out the standard growing method book and become a seat of the pants pilot. I made some major mistakes last year that won’t happen again this year. The valley let you know when you’ve made a mistake and is not subtle about telling you. It punches you right in the face! I know you didn’t just fall off the turnip truck, so I hope you revive or get a thread going so I can learn a few things. Nah! No giving up! We die with our boots on! Tear it up brother, and will talk to you later.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, bummer on the loss. Sounds like you had a lot of good years with your dog though!

You know I'm watching the Altoids. You put 2 to a pot just until you sex them?

You only popped 2 of those frosted Altoids?
Howdy Heywood! Kind of figured it wouldn’t take you long to sniff out a post with frosted Altoids in it! L O L! Popped four. Will up pot the other two this evening. Keeping fingers crossed that we get A girl or two. Take it easy brother!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I hear / read about the troubles of growing in your environment but I'd like to swap places for a while. We are supposed to get mid 70's weather this week but I'll believe it when I see it....Try drying in 100% humidity or growing large buds without molding when trying to dry....Where you need the cool down & rain we need the heat up & sunshine.....its fking July...

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ha ha ha! I feel for you PC! I’m not complaining about about our climate. I wouldn’t trade with you guys for all the tea in China! Every year it seems like it is the same thing for outdoor growing east of the Mississippi or the Rockies. All Summer Long watching people grow these huge beautiful, magnificent, trees, and crowing about it All along! Then about mid-September 80% of them disappear like they’ve fallen off the face of the earth. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out what happened! L O L! You really have to know your shit to get to the finish line indoors and out back there! Hang in there brother!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sorry for your loss @Oldchucky

Sending some positive vibes your way...even though that's in short supply right now.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks shaded one! Appreciate it! Been on a real roll this last year. First the chocolate. Then the golden. Next up, the old lady. Better steer clear of my ass if you know what’s good for you! L O L. Pets are so worth it! Old ladies? I’ll have to mull That one over a bit. JK!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ha ha ha! I feel for you PC! I’m not complaining about about our climate. I wouldn’t trade with you guys for all the tea in China! Every year it seems like it is the same thing for outdoor growing east of the Mississippi or the Rockies. All Summer Long watching people grow these huge beautiful, magnificent, trees, and crowing about it All along! Then about mid-September 80% of them disappear like they’ve fallen off the face of the earth. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out what happened! L O L! You really have to know your shit to get to the finish line indoors and out back there! Hang in there brother!
Ya after a couple of crop loses outdoors I;ve pretty well stopped growing outside all together. I had a samll tent full 2 years ago but PM got to them and I pulled them at week 7 in flower with no warm days ahead and foggy weather it was either pull them or toss them. I pulled them and ended up with crap weed...No more I'm not investing that much time and effort into growing when I end up with moldy crap...Indoors only but even then at 100% rh I have issues with that too inside.....Not sure where the perfect place to grow is but I;ve seen some pretty nice stuff coming out of California,,,,big Sur golden triangle area would be a nice place to set up.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think the perfect place is still where it’s always been. The emerald triangle. Humboldt, Trinity, and Mendocino, counties. But southern Oregon has a lot going on also. I would say those two areas.And Oregon doesn’t have the water woes that Callie has lately due to the drought. So it’s probably even better. I am 80 miles east of the middle of the triangle off of Highway 36. But it is a costly 80 miles in terms of favorable climate. The advent of technology, information, breeding, etc. has really opened up other areas of the state and other states that were always considered borderline and now great success can be achieved in a lot of places. Pot growing has come a long way in the last 50 years. Thank goodness!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks Jimmy! Sorry about your old man! Sooner or later, one way or another, it’s gonna happen to all of us! None of us gets out of this alive! Back in my younger days I probably would’ve been Shooting at them too. Definitely would’ve been drunk! Gotten old and soft and lost my taste for killing . Unless I can eat it. Then I will still take a shot. Prefer to watch them nowadays. If I don’t have brains enough to keep them out of my garden or chicken coop without killing them then I am a dumb fuck and don’t deserve to have a garden or chickens. But a lot of my neighbors don’t agree.L O L

Top Bottom